From Castilla to Primera, Again - The Santiago Hernan Solari Poggio Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    He ain't gone no where yet, however Marcelo is for sure!

2. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Both just came back from injuries and have been benched in multiple high profile games already though?

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    1. Both are getting their chance to play and start games. When did Isco get that chance?
    2. Isco was also coming from injury, and early it must be noted because he wanted to help the team; did he get the same treatment?

Let's be real here. There is a non-football issue here. We don't know what it is. Let's not drag the player's integrity through the mud because we're trying to rationalize it to football.

Stiliyan repped this.
  4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it is not a football related issue (or not solely) and its not about his integrity, then what could it possibly be.

I think it perfectly reasonable to think that he is being punished for some type of misconduct...but that would require questioning the players integrity.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Why do you assume the punishment is just? Why can it be that the coach is being unfair? Both parties are human and both parties are subject to character flaws.

Let's not drag one party and make them the bad guys when we have no clue what is happening.

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can't judge whether the punishment is fair but if Bale and Marcelo and some other players are still getting chances despite some poor on field performances then it leads me to believe in Isco's case it is something off field. And if it is off the filed issues then I think the coach needs to justify it to the front office and has been given that support. It may not even be an issue between player and coach as has been mentioned, this may come from higher up.

I kind of think it is both. Isco said/did something egregious and Solari doesn't think he needs him.

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If the front office had any say in what's going on now, Bale and Marcelo wouldn't be sitting on the bench. I don't think I'm using that as some sort of indicator, as much as some here would like to.

8. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are you saying Solari just hates him? The same Solari who has benched Marcelo for Reguillon and Bale for Lucas?

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'm saying the problem is not football related as you're suggesting.

The examples you're bringing up prove that. Bale and Marcelo are not performing on the pitch. Yes, he has benched, but he is also working on integrating them back into the squad, giving them opportunities to regain their spot. He has not done that with Isco.

Stiliyan, J-Mezzy and Deep Pal repped this.
  10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Someone, probably Solari, just doesn't like Isco. There really is nothing else to it. It has happened before and itll happen again.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think there's more to it.

12. Lugano Francis mwakapala

Real Madrid
    Tanzania
    Dec 23, 2018
    Sorali has failed....I can't wait for Alegri or Pochetino. Sorali just ruined our Isco. Sorali is sh....t.

13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd swap Sorali for Pinchetino right now if i could.

Lyra and Zidane05 repped this.
  14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Why isn’t he calling him up Brahim these days btw?

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just not enough spots in the match squad i guess. I would love to see him get more minutes, especially now that we are out of La Liga and CDR. At the very least we could see how he handles playing for Real Madrid and have a clearer picture before deciding what to do with him for next season. My bet is he's gonna be loaned out.

Drouchk repped this.
  16. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    The goal should be trying to raise form of certain players and increase their price. Mainly Bale. Followed by Kroos. Then ship them out. Also add Isco to the list if we manage Eriksen and bring James back.

17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Yea that’s my guess as well. that kid looked like he had tons of potential the few times he played for City, and being as young as he is he probably wouldn’t mind putting in a defensive shift, and even at this age he looks more threatening going forward than LV for example does, we have nothing to lose so let’s give him a shot after the Barca game.

18. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Indirectly we do. Solari is managing to keep going and win every game left not to get fired at the end of season.

19. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    One tweak to the line up won’t make us collapse.

20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Tottenham board is that way. I think they are on the verge of a club record 3 consecutive top 4 trophies.

Eddie repped this.
  21. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    haha..you must not been paying a attention then..
    Florentino had a meeting with Solari immediately after we lost against Girona .

We have one bad game and people are already jumping on Solari's throat..

22. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    People will always jump on a coach’s throat lol that’s nothing new. You think that giving Brahim some minutes means an automatic loss, I do not.
    I think you’re being overly cautious, had Solari had the mentality you’re displaying here Vinicius and Reguillion would have never gotten a chance.

23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Vini came on for the first time under Solari as a sub around the 70th minute for Asensio in a tied game against Valladolid. In those 20 min he was the one directly responsible to give RM the win.
    Solari coached Vini when the two were in Castila - he probably has no clue who Brahim Diaz is.. so that is one less headache he needs to worry about and jeopardize a result by taking away minutes from his regular subs.
    I dont see the point of playing him if he will most likely be loaned out next season.

24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    What do you mean he has no clue who Brahim is? I’m pretty sure he sees him in training everyday.

it doesn’t matter if Vini played in Castilla, if you had your way he wouldn’t have played with the first team at all because you’d be saying that there is no point in playing him because he might get loaned out the following season or that he’d be taking minutes away from the regular subs; If I recall correctly you’ve made similar arguments about Llorente. Thanks god Solari doesn’t think like you .

25. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1101219447073894400 is not a valid tweet id