Friendly: Mexico vs New Zealand, Oct. 8 2016

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Overachiever, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Vincent Kennedy Mcmahon.

2. SGuerrilla

SGuerrilla Member+

Sep 8, 2014
    en la cueva
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

AMLO2018, ShockMaster, Neymadres and 9 others repped this.
  3. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Truth hurts, homie....

SGuerrilla repped this.
  4. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    New coach won't solve anything.

NCCFBALL and Centauro del Norte repped this.
  5. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The problem with Bielsa is his CV. Sure, on paper it would be like a step going forward, and play that attractive football everyone wants to see but we wouldn't win a thing. The last time Bielsa won something important was like 12 years ago when he won the gold medal with Argentina in Athens.

Con Bielsa jugaríamos como nunca y perderíamos como siempre. I admire the man but it's not at easy as it sounds. He's a very demanding coach as well. No por nada le dicen el Loco...

Mexican football needs a massive upgrade such as limiting the extranjeros. That's gonna hurt the national team on the long run.

6. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This.... We can come up with names all day long, Almeyda, Bielsa, Alonso, etc... It won't change a a thing... Our aim has been always the same for almost 30 years now. El quinto partido... Técnicos vienen y van, y el quinto pinche partido nunca llega...

Como dice Molotov, "Hay que arrancar el problema de raíz"...

LGRod and chivamex10 repped this.
  7. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We just need to grow a Fkn pair already

Christ sake

ShockMaster, DaTruth and chivamex10 repped this.
  8. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We're not Uruguay... And even then, that's not the only answer. Uruguay "grew a par" after 2010, culminating in their 2011 Copa América triumph. Now they're back to mediocrity.

Garra Charrúa, grown a pair, whatever you want to call it, it doesn't work anymore...

The German system is the way to go. Reduce the number of foreigners in league and adopt a homegrown player ideology.

Our U17's defeated Germany last year ago. Passlack was on that German team. He is now a first team member of Borussia Dortmund. Now, what happened to those Mexican kids?. Their progress has been stalled because of mediocre liga MX.

My point is, our youth systems are as good as Germany, Argentina, Spain, etc... The problem is the transition to the professional level. Liga MX owners don't give a shit about the progress how the young players, except for Chivas, Pachuca, Atlas, etc... That's where some of the issues lie. My two cents...

AMLO2018, DaTruth, Boxy Brown and 11 others repped this.
  9. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    "Les falta experiencia"

:coffee:

AMLO2018, DaTruth and Centauro del Norte repped this.
  10. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    Its amusing how you continue with the bs when i can quote the entire conversation. The childish insults that you dish out don't change the fact that its silly to pretend that Gallardo solves a non issue of "lack of left footed players."

Its amusing that you fail to realize that i can quote the entire conversation.

Lol, apparently some people can't tolerate a single sentence pointing out that Gio, Vela, Guardado are all left footed players just like Gallardo.

11. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

ShockMaster, MK3owner, Talisman and 4 others repped this.
  12. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    So now y'all tryna play like shit AND get destroyed?

OK.....wake up! @_@

sowrong and LGRod repped this.
  13. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Dude that's that concachafa Bunker skewing your perception....

Osorio gassed you up shitting on minnows.....that first sniff of teams that were competitive to world class he got thoroughly exposed. Say what you want but piojo had us going toe to toe on the big stage. Not his fault he had to sub in dudes like aquino and terribly out of form chicharo to try and hold what should have been a secure w.

14. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is true and I've been saying it for awhile.
    Us beating Concacaf minnows is not a manager problem. It is a player pool problem.

Also say what you want but the players loved Piojo.
    He was different, he had balls, he defended his guys to the end.

15. cv11

cv11 Member

Feb 8, 2016
    And some of the players defended him to the end as well.

El Pipiripau and SGuerrilla repped this.
  16. hausen

hausen Member+

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    One of the things I'm currently missing from the Piojo era was how stable our defense was. It was seriously rock solid. We're probably one of the teams from the 2014 world cup that got the least amount of goals scored on.

At the moment, our defense looks shaky as hell. It's pretty terrifying.

17. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Yea Piojo sure did go toe to toe with the Dutch after Gio got him a 1 goal lead. Yea right, his balls got sucked up into his huge vagina after Gio's golazo.

Phenom, Neymadres and LGRod repped this.
  18. arjon

arjon Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    We looked pretty shakey versus panama in 2015 gold cup.

nfiniti and LGRod repped this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Revisionist history my friend and you couldn't be more wrong. Check Osorio's record. 14 games total and 9 are shutouts. Also, 4 games where only 1 goal allowed of which 3 were wins and 1 was a draw. Piojo and the previous coaches don't nearly have that high of a shutout % compared to Osorio. Sorry but you're just wrong. That Chile result is affecting your perception of reality. But hey, I don't blame you that game was facked up LOL!!

El Pipiripau, Lukato, MK3owner and 3 others repped this.
  20. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    All wins are not created equal. The last 10 games or so, the games are more shaky than solid. People can brush all of the negatives under the rug just bc the team wins. I often leave a sour taste in my mouth after watching Mexico games.

sowrong, ShockMaster, JJV1994 and 5 others repped this.
  21. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    "es un proceso"

JJV1994 repped this.
  22. hausen

hausen Member+

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol, yeah, that loss definitely has affected my perception of our defense, but, I still feel like something similar will happen again. The games after that one haven't convinced me much at all and, it doesn't look like we're significantly playing any better than we were before, IMO.

Next month against the U.S. will be really interesting, a ver que pasa..

ipaman and DankYummy repped this.
  23. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    Piojo still shit the bed against the Netherlands. Mexico dropped 3 goals on Croatia in 10 minutes in the game before. After Gio's goal the Netherlands was wobbling like a dazed boxer and Piojo should have had the team try to get another quick goal or two in that 10 minute span where the Netherlands seemed really dazed. Once Mexico bunkered and ceded possesion to the Netherlands the game was done. In Piojos defense bunkering probably would have worked had Gio's goal came 10 or 15 minutes later.

Fabián would have been a way better sub for Gio than Aquino in that game.

Centauro del Norte repped this.
  24. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Dude we didn't hold until the Gio sub.

rich loc and LGRod repped this.
  25. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    This is completely wrong and is nothing but Piojo nutridding with the rewriting of history. Piojo screwed the pooch by subbing out our only dynamic offensive player and trying to bunker for 30+ minutes.

NETHERLANDS 2-1 MEXICO
    Gio subbed at minute 61 and the bunker began right then and there. Piojo was stupid in not subbing out Carlos Salcido who flat out should not have played. Once Herrera and Guardado ran out of gas it was over with the Dutch bombing away without having to worry about a dynamic attacker like Gio punishing them on a counter.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=255951/match=300186508/

Centauro del Norte, Sanchito and ipaman repped this.