Friendly Match: Tunisia-Spain, 9 June 2018 (R)

Discussion in 'Spain: National Teams' started by Pichi, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Spain will play Tunisia in their last friendly on 9 June in Russia at 2045 CET, 1445 EST, 1145 PST.
    The game will be televised on ESPN Deportes.

Aupa Espanha y La Furia Roja

2. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  3. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Pretty much the first team fielded in the 1st half. Except Odriozola for Carvajal, and the striker position most likely being for Costa instead of Rodrigo who starts tonight.

4. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Very meh first half. Too many players not reaching their form, nor any urgency to score. Most of the game was Spain in possession, but not actually becoming dangerous with the ball. Despite Tunisia not really being in the match, they had the best 2 chances of the night so far.

Juanele repped this.
  5. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Disappointing first half. Tunisia had the better chances.

Almost get the feeling the players aren’t going full force, understandable I suppose

6. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    2nd half was a bit better. I think most of our midfield starters looked too relaxed tonight, there was a bit more pace as the subs came in. Nice goal by Aspas. Costa looked better than Rodrigo did. Although Rodrigo didn't benefit from anybody giving him a through pass in the 1st half, yet making many runs to receive one: again, the mdifield didn't have their best day.

Tunisians got a bit rough at the end there. But it looks like we got away with any major injuries. A win at half gas 1-0. Not really worth to have watched it tbh.

7. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    A couple of concerns, one is that we don’t score goals. We might have to do this WC2010 route. Second is that hopefully Carvajal can return quickly, our right side is a weak point

8. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yep, Odriozola didn't look great yesterday. Our entire starting midfield also looked bland, but I hope that's more because of lack of motivation for this friendly, and/or not wanting to exert too much before the actual competition starts.

I'm also wondering if it might not be better to start with either Thiago or Koke in Busquets' spot like vs Argentina.

9. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    My son and I had the same discussion and he too said this could be WC2010 all over again for the Furia Roja, lots of possession, score a goal and keep the ball away for the rest of the match. I guess we'll find out in 3 days!

Aupa Espanha y La Furia Roja!