News: FRIENDLY le Portugal et la Serbie!

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by StarrMatthieu, Aug 27, 2015.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Griezmann should have scored two goals
    THE FRENCH RIGHT BACK Mathieu Debuchy needs to start !
    France looking nice out there with the passing good warm up match before euros

soji22 and Pandore repped this.
  2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Martial and benzema both played has second strikers what a mess both nice passing tho

3. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Schneiderlin looking amazing in defense and def in our 25 quarter puts up a nice wall with the serb attacks

4. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I could watch Matuidi's second goal all day. I think the search for the new Zidane is over. :D

soji22 and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  5. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Kondogbia looked good
    Pogba was ehhh
    Trémoulinas sucks
    Valbuena looking amazing wow

6. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    giroud i'm not worried he will have a good euro

nice chances with his heads and tight spaces

7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think my expectations for the Euro are not in line with DD's expectations. I feel like he thinks a nice run to the semifinal would be good enough, but I think that's unacceptable considering all the talent we have and the fact that it'll be at home.

I don't think anyone should be too happy about two narrow victories against one average side and one poor side. Based on the players we have, we should be doing a lot better. The commentators seemed to think we were dominating against Germany or something.

8. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Right but only because Griezmann came off. The starting lineup would be better with Martial than Benzema. Giroud at least had chances to score.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  9. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Well if we had scored another goal in the first half and then played better in the second I would have been excited. As it stands I'm left a bit frustrated.

StarrMatthieu and Pandore repped this.
  10. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Serbia isn't a walk in the park nice win Serbia has great youth German style players Italian defense too compact match could have been a better match happy labor day

11. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It was a great goal!

Pandore repped this.
  12. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Given the way the match started, I think most France fans expected a rout. Like you said, Serbia are a decent team with players plying their trade at some of the biggest clubs in England and elsewhere.

lefutur repped this.
  13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what? tremoulinas was very good first half but faded. I thought kondogbia sucked balls. lost practically everything he touched and got all tangled up with benzema in a spot he never should have been. one really good intervention near the end but not enough to save his match. giroud was a great magnet, really did everything right... except score! got TONS of service and chewed it ALL up like a silly puppy. no excuse for not scoring AT LEAST once. and for a striker of his style, unlike a gomis, if you don't score you're not doing anything else either. btw, think bafé might get a call?

after matuidi who was walking on water the best came from griezemann and valbuena.

worst of the the match was that portuguese ref. what made me howl the worst was how that first and only big save from lloris got started: a serbian plays an FK quickly 20m forward from where the foul was committed and even though he put his hand on it I swear the ball never stopped rolling. amateur hour.

14. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Didnt think Kondogbia was that poor. I dont remember him losing many balls at all in fact, compared to Benzema for example. Which is why I think we need to start steering away from both Benz and Giroud for the Euro. They just arent reliable and I dont expect them to get any better. Now is the time for a plan B or C. Lacazette is out of form but may still come good now that his back problems, hopefully, are in the past. Martial and Gomis can also be options. I thought Martial showed good promise despite his youth. The goals will still mostly come from other players but he has the speed, strength and skill to keep defenders occupied. Gomis is exellent with hold up play and could be a more effective target man than Giroud. Benzema to me is just a place holder out there. He's not really raising the level of the team at all, whether he's on the field or off, its the same difference.

Another option is to use Griezmann as the striker and find someone else to play on the left.

15. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    seeing how martial scored today by taking on three defenders ... he might be whats needed to open defenses

soji22 repped this.
  16. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Anthony Martial marks Man United debut with late goal vs. Liverpool
    [​IMG]
    in all fairness

17. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    ohhh.......YESSSSSSSS

guignol repped this.
  18. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Well DD did say he would explode into a new galaxy or whatever.

zizouForlife and soji22 repped this.
  19. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Quite the celebrity already, Wwow.