Friendly: Italy-Spain 24 Mar. (R)

Discussion in 'Spain: National Teams' started by Pichi, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  2. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    De Gea; Juanfran, Piqué, Sergio Ramos, Azpilicueta; San José, Thiago Alcántara, Cesc Fábregas, Mata, Aduriz y Morata.

starting lineup

unclesox repped this.
  3. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The Italians are playing circles around us.

InsigneForBalonD'or repped this.
  4. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    seeing our lineup and how they are setup? that is not surprising

5. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    0-0 halftime, absolute crap from us. Italy should be leading if they had a decent forward

6. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #6 minuscapita, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    I don't care what anyone says.. Morata sucks, he will always suck and he goes perfect with that awful away kit. It looks like people have been throwing tomatoes at us.

7. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Morata isn't even the main problem for us today though.

Cesc and Mata (who is off now) are absolutely invisible. Our outside backs, especially Azpilicueta, have offered nothing in supporting the attack. And with Spain, our wide backs are the ones offering the width. Plus we have San Jose, who is a 2nd tier player at best, anchoring our midfield. I feel bit sorry for Aduriz because he has had nothing to deal with today.

minuscapita repped this.
  8. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We can't string 2 passes.. tis is so frustrating and our goal was a clear off side.
    None of the premier league players are any good.

9. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Silva coming in has been decent.

Cesc has been a disaster

10. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    1-1 final. Only drew because the linesman was blind

I'm struggling to find anything positive from this game. I guess De Gea looked pretty good?

11. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes De Gea was really good. Also the way you pressed us caused us quite a few problems. Despite us drawing 1-1 against you guys and losing 3-1 to Belgium back in November, seriously after watching both of these games you are a better team and caused us more problems. The loss to Belgium was due to wrong players being played, and sloppy give aways which we actually did to you guys as well but got away with it, but not nearly as much as we did against Belgium.

12. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    It's hard to really take anything from this game. Both teams will look very different in the summer.

Insigne looked very good for you though

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah it is hard to predict but seriously the important thing to me about this game as an Azzurri fan was to test our players that haven't played much yet so our best can earn the spot in Euro 2016. I already knew that Insigne was one of our best forwards and I was angry that he was snubbed in november. I think everything is fine now. Bernardeschi also impressed me as well.

14. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    no game thread vs Romania so just post my thoughts here

Mata, Pedro, Cesc, and San Jose are water carriers. They offer nothing. Cesc has the ability but he was just so lacking in these two games.

Bartra did pretty well, probably our best player along with Koke against Romania.

Aduriz just didn't get enough service in either game

Busquets is the most important player in our team, his absence really showed.

The search for a center forward continues. It would be nice if Aduriz could get some time with our "A" team though.

15. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Apologies for not putting up the thread but have been busy these past few days work wise and spring cleaning around the house. I was not impressed at all with today's match, yes it's a friendly but with the Euro16 only 3 months away not a good thing, La Furia Roja remind me of Luis Aragones's Spain team leading up to the 2008 Euro in early qualification when they had the majority of the possession but were unable to score and with a defense that left a lot to be desired. With only a few more matches left before Euro16 kicks off, my gut feeling is this team will move on to the KO stage but can't see them at this point getting into the semi's. Of course things could change but for now I am not holding my breath.

Aupa Espanha y La Furia Roja!

16. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Espanha CAGOU!!!!!

nice jerseys doe (y)

17. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This game might not have looked good, but don't underestimate your team or overestimate the others. I think you and Germany have the most talented squads coming into the tournament.

18. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    problem is that in these friendlies, a lot of players just don't care and it's unfair for someone like Aduriz, who is trying to win a spot, playing with those players that are going through the motions.

they don't care because they know that Del Bosque has pretty much chosen his team for the Euros no matter how well other players will do in these friendlies.

In other words, these games were a waste of time, at least for us it was.

19. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Portugal 0-1 Bulgaria

20. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club: