Friendly: Italy - Ivory Coast (August 10th, 2010) [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Henchag, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I agree that it has to be a collaborative effort. But we need players that take charge and make something of this team. We needs performances like that shown my Quagliarella in his 45 minutes against Slovakia. There are guys that are going to be role players and some who are going to be protagonists. Right now, we just have a bunch of role players. And that is not enough.

2. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, and Lippi lost his first game to Iceland. Your point again? I don't see how that means anything.

It's 1 game. Yet it's all doom and gloom:rolleyes:

Remember when all you Juventini where screaming at everyone to have patience and that Lippi would sort it out, you know, two days before the world cup? How times change. Prandelli's already a failure:eek: Hahaha. Sure, buddy :rolleyes: We'll win both of our qualifying games, even Lippi couldn't F this up.

I already see a new Nazionale, players that are there on merit( yeah yeah Amauri, but that was a political decision I think) and skill level as opposed to the color of their jersey and their loyalty to a headcase who cost us 2 years.

I ain't saying we are going to start rolling over Spain anytime soon, but I see Prandelli's selection as the new boss as an extremely positive one. There's hope.

3. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Your everlasting mission to troll Lippi, Juve and Juve supporters has you either mischaracterizing or misunderstanding what the majority (Juve supporters and anti-Juve fans) have stated alike. I didn't read anyone say that Prandelli was a failure after one match. Most of us remain open-minded toward the effect that Prandelli can have. He certainly isn't the polarizing figure that Lippi was to Italy supporters.

However, the insertion of Prandelli doesn't mask the problems that Italy still have and which you have chosen to ignore in your frankly, stupid, position that all of Italy's woes are attributable to Lippi. Anyone who's actually paid attention to Italian football recognizes that this is a low point in terms of the depth of our talent and this isn't something a manager fixes. Occassionally, a manager can do well with lesser talent; however, you generally need star players to win at the international level, and there is no denying Prandelli currently faces this problem just as Lippi did before him.

I would love to see what would happen in the event that Prandelli struggled with this side, even though I love the national team and would never want this to occur. I'm sure you and the rest of the anti-Juve trolls would still attempt to tie it in some manner back to Lippi or Juve.:rolleyes:

4. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's an internet forum. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Let's be friends?:rolleyes:

From what Falc has written, it would appear to me that he thought more should have come from our FIRST game under Prandelli.

Yeah, I'm stupid. I'd like to go back to all the preWC threads and see what came out of your mouth concerning the National team. And what came out of other so-called experts on this forum. Who was proven wrong again?

I give credit to Juve for their willingness to take a chance on italian products. Something that other top clubs haven't done.

However, you ain't gonna hear the end of my Lippi rants. That squad was crap from the start, crap at the confeds, crap during qualify, and we all know what happened at the WC. His stupidity cost some of our players that should've been on that team experience which could be helping us now. He was the major factor for our humiliation of the world stage. There's no other excuses. We could have easily made it out of that group.

:p

5. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The world cup is over. Lippi is gone. When will your Lippi rants end? Any discussion of Lippi and/or the '10 WC contributes little now, no?

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I didn't call you stupid. I said attributing all of Italy's problems to Lippi is stupid. In the same vein, would you give Lippi all of the credit for the 2006 World Cup? By your last post, you appear to be backing away from pinning all our failure on Lippi labeling him a "major factor" hopefully in your realization that your prior position was absurd.

And, I'll do you a favor rather than having to research my pre-World Cup Italy posts. I was happy when Lippi was re-appointed after Donadoni did nothing during his tenure. I was critical of Lippi when it was clear that our attack was lacking in creativity and effectiveness in his inability to at least try to fix it by calling up Cassano. However, I never thought nor do I think that Cassano would be some sort of Messiah for this team. Frankly, he isn't that good.

I understood the exclusion of Balotelli because he has always acted as a petulant child. And I always questioned the inclusion of players who I thought were past it or just not good enough and (surprise, surprise) that included juventini.

However, I have ALWAYS maintained that the depth pool of the players at Lippi's disposition was VERY lacking.

Concededly, Lippi did far worse than I thought he would; however, I don't think other managers would have done much better.

There. I did the research for you. That was my position and it still hasn't changed.

Now, you can continue to moan about Lippi and Juve in your every post but you should realize it gets very old and boring and frankly makes me want to ignore every one of your posts, even those that may be of substance.

7. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Apparently Aquilani is going to Juve on loan this season, which could potentially bode well for the Azzurri. Back in Italy he'll surely gain more of Prandelli's attention, and actually have a legitimate shot at seeing starting minutes (if he stays healthy of course).

Then again, it irritates the hell out of me knowing that a beloved Roma youth product is not gonna be wearing the stripes of Juve merda :(

8. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Haha. Sure. We agree that he ain't the Messiah. But he has more skill and technique than the majority of the Juve block (that occupied a space on that team without doing anything to merit it) combined.

Hmmm, would you rather have him or Pepe? But whatever floats your boat :rolleyes:

I think a 13yo from Rimini could've have picked a better team than Lippi :eek:

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We're not exactly elated at the thought of having ex-Roma walking crippled either. Hopefully he can play more than three full games for us and it works out.

10. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Unfortunately, Cassano is more talented than most Italian players; not just the Juve players. That's the problem. That said, I wasn't in love with Lippi's selection, but apart from Cassano, I didn't see any player that was left home that I was convinced could have made a big difference. Again, Balotelli would potentially be the other guy, but his lack of inclusion was understandable in my view because of his own behavior. The guy managed to alienate himself from his own team by throwing the Inter jersey away in disgust during his exit from the game.

But do you never get tired of the Lippi talk?

11. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Watch, when Aquilani starts getting called up by Prandelli, people like asbari will say it's because of his Juve connection. :rolleyes:

12. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I'd only look at the "Juve connection" when their truly undeserving players are inexplicably continuously getting called up (Legro and Iaquinta). Someone like Aquilani is an exception though. When healthy he's easily one of the most talented midfielders we have, and was already a regular call up during Donadoni's tenure as well. I hate Juve with a passion, but I for one would be happy to see Alberto finally get his career back on track. It would truly be a shame to see yet another one of our bright talents completely fall off the map...

13. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Don't kid yourself. A healthy Aquilani is blessed with more natural talent than just about everyone on your current squad that's not named "Del Piero". You can quote me on that at your leisure as well, becuase I'm pretty adamant about it.

14. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I don't dispute that he is talented; but what good is the talent from the tribuna? When is the last time if ever that Aquilani played a whole season?

That said, I like the move because we got him on loan. I would never make it a permanent move.

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Barese - Just to let you know, I am half Foggiano. You can be one cuccione. I am sure you think the same about me. Must be that Pugliese thing.

If you read my posts earlier in this thread, you will see that my expectations were low for this friendly. I was not one who got all excited about Prandelli's call ups. I stated that there was a lot of inexperience. But the Lippi haters were in heaven. In fact, most of you acted like the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz singing ding-dong the witch is dead. Sorry Dorothy but the problem is further than just Lippi. We need players to step up and as I have repeated, it has to happen with their clubs. I hope that Acquilani does become another Juve success story. Would be good for gli Azzurri and Prandelli.

As for this first friendly, if Lippi was still in charge and called the same players that Prandelli did, most of you would be ripping his head off. I have not done so but considering what some of you were expecting, this match was a failure. As for my comments concerning Cassano, neither Sampdoria or gli Azzurri can wait until late September or mid-October for him to find his form. It needed to happen last Wednesday. So let's hope that the magic appears next week in that second leg and then translates to a good start in the qualifiers. Otherwise, Cesare will be doing the same thing that Marcello went through in trying to find a good combination that works.

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just a heads up, we have a set up a friendly with you guys for next year in early June :D. Should be a good one.

17. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hahaha:rolleyes:

You Juventini can try to pressure people into forgetting things, but I get your joke. You think any other coach would have called that crap from Juve which occupied underserving spots in la Nazionale just beacause 'well, there aint any other options.' Keep telling yourself that. Your continuing blind faith in that headcase who cost us 2 years and made calcio and Serie A easy prey just shows your ignorance.

That's the point. He didn't call any of the players who the majority felt warranted a call up. Biondini or Candreva, what did they do to warrant a call up over Cassano, Miccoli, Balotelli, or Motta? NIENTE!!!

18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Argentina?

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, seems that it will be on June 1st(No specific location yet).

20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Motta did not feature for Roma last season. He sat on the bench. Miccoli injured his knee at the end of the season. Even so, still did not merit a call. Balotelli is not ready. He could not dominate at the U21 side. You expect him to do so at the senior level? So Cassano was not called. He would not have made a difference anyway. And I am still waiting to see him make a difference now. As for the players Prandelli called for this friendly, what did they do? And who is this majority? Since when has the NT become the fantasy league?

21. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    So basically what you're saying is that we're essentially screwed no matter who we call up?

Well...I'm convinced :)

22. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thiago not Marco ;)

and hehe, sure bro:rolleyes:

23. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Doubt it, we play a Euro qualifier 2 days later.

24. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My point is.... WHO CARES ANYMORE!??!?!

WC 10 is over and Lipp is gone. Wanna keep talking about how Lippi screwed the pooch? Then feel free, but you're wasting your breath now.

25. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Isn't there an ignore button?

Use it if you want, the Lippi lovers won't hear the last of it from me :p