Friendly: Colombia vs. South Korea (Tuesday 3/26/19)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Furnaccio, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bomb8 repped this.
  2. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The team is seriously lacking depth in some positions. There are no good replacements for Arias and Uribe and that's a serious problem.

Barrios-Uribe is the best midfield but I'd like too see more of Lerma. Lerma-Uribe against Korea please. I also want to see more of Diaz, I hadn't seen him play before and it seems he is talented. Morelos should also be given tons of minutes. Something tells me he is a bit nervous. He didn't do anything wrong against Japan, it just shows in his body language.

crzdcolombian and Furnaccio repped this.
  3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Uribe-Cuéllar or Uribe-Lerma would be two interesting duos worth testing out.

Totally agree about Diaz. Would like to see Duvan start against Korea. Morelos should have came in a bit before the 87th minute. Maybe have all subs by 75th minute.

Outside of injuries, a sub appearance in the 87th minute of a friendly is pointless.

4. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I forgot about Cuellar, he should definitely be concidered.

I think Queiroz made the subs very late because he is under pressure, he probably wanted to win his first match. I'm sure he is a bit more relaxed right now.

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope it was first game jitters because the game was very very bad. Especially the last 5 minutes

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Korea barely beat Bolivia today so that makes me feel better going into this game.
    That said, they missed many chances and we struggled against Bolivia last couple matches too.

Let's see how it shapes up.
    I am looking forward to seeing what changes are made..

7. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Similar to how the players busted out a Quintero jersey today after the goal....

Would it be considered poor taste if they pulled out a #8 Cardona jersey after a goal against Korea?

8. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I want a two striker formation, I don't care if he decides to play demolition bro's. If we are going to play physical then I want us to bully the opponent, we have the physical power for that too.

------Arboleda

Orejuela---Mina---Sanchez---Borja

---------Lerma--------Cuellar

James--------------------Muriel

---Zapata--------Morelos

Azucarero and Furnaccio repped this.
  9. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am going to be unable to see this game because I am going to be traveling at this time...sucks because I wanted to see our new coach managing this team some more before the next few games.

10. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I worry that Falcao's captaincy means he's going to be starting every match. And I don't mind that he's still our go-to guy, but it'll entirely prevent us from finding out what exactly we have to work with with our other attackers.

Villa must stay on the bench for this one, both because I thought he was stuffed out against Japan AND because I want to see him against a tired defense.

But without him, nobody on the roster thrives on the right wing. James will do his best, but without a competent, pacey RB like Arias behind him he's going to struggle.

Basically, we're going to be relying on Duvan giving us width and pace from the right, which is fine, but essentially it'll become a 433. In that way, one of Cuellar or Lerma is going look awful trying to overcompensate for what ain't there...effective wing backs.

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Maybe Orejuela could be the guy who gives us the speed and crosses from the RB spot but I am not sure he is ready to play at this level.

(Only one way to find out.)

Azucarero repped this.
  12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It was his very first start in an unfamiliar environment. I would give him a pass and start him until Cuadrado is healthy.

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I like Villa but starting him while benching Zapata or Diaz is insane just to give Villa who did badly more minutes and to not hurt Falcaos feelings

Why not a 4-3-1-2

Or if we we have to play the formation like last game Diaz for Muriel and Zapata for Villa. Tho I think Falcao should work more for Zapata.

For me Falcao can stay a starter if he plays the Teo role from 2012.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It is not insane when he is the only natural right winger we have on the squad.

Diaz or Zapata in my opinion are suited to play for Muriel and Falcao, which I would not mind seeing mind you.
    But if Quieroz is using these matches as preparatory for the Copa America he may not make too many drastic changes in game two so that the team can build chemistry and tactical synergy.

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Benching 2 better players becaue you are hard headed isn’t what we want from
    A coach and again if he was Colombian people would be going ape shit.

Best formation is a 4-2-2-2 when we get Cuadrado and the wingbacks back. Tho obviously we do not have the players for that In this friendly roster.

Villa was erased from Boca a month ago and now getting a bit more love don’t see why he can’t be benched. When the best player in our league is on the bench and Zapata is eating bench.

I agree wingers shouldn’t work next game because we lack 4 players to play how he wants to play. But then again he picked his team and didn’t bring extra. So that is on him.

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #16 HomietheClown, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    You are having problems reading my posts and interpreting what I am saying Crzd .
    I am not saying Villa should not be benched at all. I am also not saying that changes won't be made.

I am just saying I would not bench Villa based on the Japan match and (going by what I have heard about Queiroz and what my gut tells me) I think what he will do the next match is not too many changes at all

If it was up to me I would go with a 4-2-2-2 or 4-4-2 but I am not the manager.

I am also not a guy who can predict the future so if he does change things up I will be pleasantly surprised and happy I am wrong.

pepinointer and Furnaccio repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You keep on saying this mantra.
    He is the manager and it does not matter if he is Colombian or from the moon. The Federation trusts him and his decisions. Bringing up Colombian coaches is irrelevant and should never be focused upon by you in any more arguments.

pepinointer, J-Mezzy and Azucarero repped this.
  18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Changing gears a bit...
    .... I bet Colombia is happy they are not playing the game in Korea today. It is currently 38 degrees F.

Tuesday should warm up a bit to the 50s or 60s.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #19 pepinointer, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    People in colombia are agressive by nature, and they bitch the coach depsite he is colombiand and foreigner.....as they bitch pekerman and as they bitch queirzo with a session training.

In Bigsoccer we prefer to analyze, look the tramit, the play and find factors........yeah you like to bitch like people does in twitter without a rigorous analysis............just repeat ideas without verifying if what you say actually happens.........by that reason even here we have patience with lara and bolillo in their first matches......actually i liked a lot of the coaching of bolillo in copa america 2011

Like the poor argument thta falcao and zapata worked bad in lima....becuase colombia didnt won by a hilarous goal of ospina not complying with the rules.

J-Mezzy and Azucarero repped this.
  20. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Line up vs Korea

-----------Arboleda

Orejuela---Mina---Sanchez---Borja

------Uribe-----Cuellar

Villa--------------------Diaz

---Zapata-------Morelos

kifrão repped this.
  21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Only players repeating are Mina, Sanchez and Villa that is super interesting

But I prefer this formation

No James playing is interesting. So who is captain? Sanchez?

22. kifrão

kifrão Member

Angers SCO
    Colombia
    Aug 19, 2008
    La Rochelle, Francia
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Uribe

23. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well... It seems Queiroz and I have similar concepts.

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin