Friendlies Thread

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by AlexJ17, Nov 22, 2014.

1. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #876 MiLLeNNiuM, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Oberdorf for Germany is a good, young, up-and-coming player.

2. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Japanese GK Hirao with some cat-like reflexes; nice shot stop at the end of the first half. I like her, she's definitely a keeper (no pun intended).

blissett repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, although I am a little worried by her aerial game (she tends to ball-watch crosses in the box) and by her tendency to take unnecessary risks (as when she decided to dribble a German player in the box... it could have ended as with Schult on the opposite side!)

4. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #879 MiLLeNNiuM, Apr 9, 2019
    Yeah, you may be right. I think I spoke too soon. How old is she?

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    She's one of our young options: she's 22.

6. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Tonight Netherlands will use VAR for the 1st time in WoSo in their friendly against Chile.

sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  7. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  8. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    #883 Bauser, Apr 9, 2019
    France 4 - 0 Denmark
    Cascarino 31, 47, M'bock 54, Gauvin 66

Netherlands 7 - 0 Chile
    Vd Donk 2, 21, 27, 84, Martens 9, Miedema 40, Vd Sanden 45

Norway 0 - 1 New Zealand
    White 5

Germany 2 - 2 Japan
    Popp 53, Huth 72 - Hasegawa 35, Yokoyama 69

blissett and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  9. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang, France is on a roll; they look like the hottest team heading into the WWC.

10. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Mexico vs PSV

Video??

11. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    The Netherlands came out with some purpose today and belted a bad Chile team, winning 7-0. The Dutch, who've been a bit out of sorts for while, showed their quality in attack, turning a variety of deft passes into 6 first-half goals. Danielle Van de Donk, with four goals, was the player of the match. She's a joy to watch. Miedema, who had two beautiful assists in the first half, also had a goal, as did Martens and Van de Sanden.

Van Dongen started at centerback in place of Dekker, and was fine, though she and partner Bloodworth were hardly tested by the Chileans. I think the Dutch coaches are worried about Dekker and may want to see if Van Dongen can handle the centerback position. It's hard to say if she can at this point. We'll see if she or Dekker starts the next and last pre-World Cup match against an Australian team that will be a lot better than Chile. The Dutch back four need a good test before the WC, and Sam Kerr and her Aussie teammates should provide just that. I've come to appreciate the quality of the Dutch outside backs, Van Es and Van Lunteren. They are mainstays on this Dutch squad and very solid players--not flashy, to be sure, but dependable. Van Es is very skilled at delivering accurate balls into the box, and can do it with either foot. Finally, I thought Groenen looked good today in the midfield--covered a lot of ground and won a lot of challenges.

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And yet, everytime they entered a tournament with that kind of "hotness" in the last decade, they ended up 4th or worse...

I guess they showed along the years that they are the best "pre-tournament" team on earth! :x3:

13. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's true, they do have a history of chocking.
    However, they're playing at home throughout, which can be both good and bad. Depending on how they handle that pressure. I'm sure most countries would love to be playing in front of ardent supporters in all their matches.

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah. But as you rightly history shows that we don't score goals in the games that matters. And our forwards are ok but not lethal.

blissett repped this.
  15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the French always looked great in the past(in friendlies) due in part that they would play something like 8-9 starters from their Lyon club, so the chemistry was all ready indebted(as compared to other NT's who would only come together for a weekend worth of training before a friendly). But this time their leaning less on Lyon, for example; all 3 goals vs the US were scored by PSG players & only 5 Lyon players started in their recent games

This time too, they seemingly found a new superstar in Diani, as well as Cascarino, who could be the best right side-winger around(though I'm sure Tobin Heath fans might dispute that). And then I do believe they got currently got the best 3-some CB"s in the world(so 1 in reserve in case if injuries) in Renard, Tounkara & M'Bock/or at least, so good in booting the ball out of the danger zone(the weakness of most woso teams) & thus reducing Jill Ellis's strongest weapon , the high intensity, high press to smithereens.

on the con side; not sure how well coach, the Deacon, is liked by her players? She can be heavy handed at times, sending league leading scorer, Katoto to the gallows(otherwise known as the B team) as well her public dispute with Renard last year when she stripped her captain's badge off her(though, that was last year).So will they respond for her when obviously it will become more pressuredfilled in the WC? remains the question

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The difference, indeed, could be made by the fact that, for a change, this particular incarnation of Équipe de France seems to have several options of decent-to-good goal-scorers, some of them even showing a significal physical presence.

For instance, I am not sure if Valérie Gauvin is considered a potential starter at WWC or a reserve player, but she looks like an imposing player. Ok, even too much: in the action of 4th goal vs Denmark from two days ago, calling a foul on the DF by her woudn't have been out of the realm of reality, but anyway she look like a tough athlete and a quite consistent scorer.

17. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the current French squad has the pieces to win it all, and should be the favorite. However, my only knock on them has always been their stamina and physicality. They're extremely creative (as a team) in the first half or so of every match, then they drop off. I noticed the same thing during long tournaments. Is their roster deep enough to rotate the starters during the group stage to keep them fresh throughout the tourney?

18. dyzio03

dyzio03 New Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Nov 17, 2018
    Highlights:

Got Jukes? and Lechus7 repped this.
  19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "stamina"
    can't find a full game replay, but they extremely strong in the 2nd half of their recent Japan(as well as the US game)

"physical"
    they've definitely changed since the Necib days. Diani pretty much toyed with the J team, much like she did vs Fox & company previously. They got now two very physical center/fwds in Gauvin & Katato. Renard, all 6 ft 2 of her, for her size, most athletic woso player in the planet(I'm sure would of gone to basketball instead if she was growing up in the states) and then backed up by two other CB's almost as agile in Tounkara & M'Bock(in a way, I'm surprised they don't go to a 3 back, but at least they got one in reserve then)

the Deacon is the fourth coach in 6 years, so hopefully she's got better conditioning methods than the previous managers. She;
    's coached a men's pro soccer team before & she looks like finally recipient of a very strong youth program this decade that won the u17 WC in 2012 & proceeded to make it to the semi finals in all 3 of the last u20 WC's(I think only country to do so)

but they've flopped in their last 4 major tourneys(if bowing out usually in the quarters is a flop) and if everything goes accordingly, they'l meet the US in the quarters. They got now a 2 wins 1 tie record in their last 3 games vs Jill Ellis.

But the one other team that looked impressive this last weekend was the US, especially with their 6-0 whooping of Belgium(who were previously unbeaten for a full year)

now wait for poster, Lechus, to reply....that game could of been easily 6-6!:p

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the full game replay between Italy vs Poland. Even though it's not a sell out, it's nice to see host Poland playing in a major stadium & getting a decent crowd even though they didn't make it to the WC. In comparison, #2 Germany usually plays it's home games in a 2nd tier stadiums with a smallish crowd that only averages around 3-6K

MiLLeNNiuM and blissett repped this.
  21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the full replay between England/Spain. Neville makes 8 starting changes from the previous game I believe the huge changes in lineups will be England's biggest strategy for the WC as their hoping their fresh legs will get them through for the 7 games. But one flaw is apparent in this game is that it does take a bit of chemistry for them to jell as Spain's in control for the first 25 min.
    As for Spain' they play with a lot of discipline & team work. But its like nobody particular stands out. My pick as their best players, Patri Gujarro, hasn't been see in months(take it that she's injured, but if/when we'll she ever be back?)

L'orange and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  22. Páll Guðmundsson

Valur FC
    Iceland
    Sep 14, 2018
    Reykjavík
    Nat'l Team:
    Iceland
    13.6.2019 Finland - Iceland 0-0
    17.6.2019 Finland - Iceland 0-2

Two friendlies between the nordic countries held in Finland. In the first match, both teams seemed evenly matched. Finland though had more chances, but Icelandic goalkeeper Sandra Sigurðardóttir looked in good shape and had them covered. The most dangerous chance of the game came to the Icelandic forward Elín Metta Jensen who's shot hit the crossbar early in the match. For the second match Iceland had the better chances converting two of them. 18 year old Hlín Eiríksdóttir scored a great goal from the edge of the box and the second was scored by veteran Dagný Brynjarsdóttir after having chested down a freekick and put the ball past the keeper. Her first goal for Iceland since giving birth to her son late last year. Linda Sällström looked especially dangerous for the finnish team and there is not much between the two teams. Iceland were though more clinical with their chances.

JanBalk, sbahnhof, flax and 2 others repped this.
  23. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  24. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Belgium 3 - 3 England
    Telford 38(og), Van Kerkhoven 45+2, 55 - Taylor 22, Mead 26, Parris 75(p)

France 2 - 0 Spain
    Le Sommer 27, Cascarino 76

blissett repped this.
  25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bauser@, a lot of English fans think Neville will be sacked if he looses to Norway this Tuesday(as once again his coachingvs BEL was atrociously terrible). But you need two to tango, do you know if Norway's best are going to be there for the match?

and please provide us a streamed link to the game