Frickson Erazo: "El Elegante" - Flamengo [R]

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Mengão86, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    What is going on there? 18 World Cup qualifying matches and I can't remember him committing PK's or making many important errors, against guys like Luis Suarez, Edison Cavani, Alexis Sanchez, Radamel Falcao, etc. Now in Brazil he's suddenly terrible?! This is a big surprise to me.

2. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    i guess the pressure got to him hes hating it over their the Brazilian media and fans are going hard on him. he is a good defender so i doubt they will give up on him this season although it might be some time before they consider playing him again

3. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What's up with Erazo? Where is he going to play? I heard some rumors linking him to the Italian Serie A but nothing has come of that.

4. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I think he needs to go to a higher quality league, like Mexico or Costa Rica.

5. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mexico or Costa Rica?? That's small potatoes. He needs to go to Guatemala.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He's still on our squad and he will receive some chances. We just switched to a 3 CB setup that we will debut on Wednesday. He'll get another chance sooner rather than later.

The Machine repped this.
  7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Erazo is having a nightmare in Brazil. He was loaned to Gremio at the start of the year and has committed countless mistakes. The most recent was an ugly own goal:

For your sake, it would probably be best if he moved to another league, such as Mexico. It seems like his poor performances haven't reflected on the national team (at least they didn't at the WC). However, I'm not sure how much longer that'll hold true if his play continues to be poor.

8. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm surprised they haven't sent him packing already. Erazo's career in Brazil consists of either being benched, not even being called up to games, being a nightmare on defense and maybe a solid games once in a blue moon

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Erazo has finally seem to have adapted and has put in a number of good performances recently. The media has been praising him and Gremio are beginning to look at their options for retaining him.

10. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Erazo I no longer going to continue in Gremio. They couldnt afford to keep him and he did not want to stay either. He chose a bad time to do so he was finally getting playing time and they qualified to Libertadores.

He said he wanted to get out of Brazil any one know what teams are following him other than Barcelona ?

11. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Pretty sure other teams in Brazil might take him, hes most likely coming back to Barcelona

12. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    He said he wanted to leave Brazil and that he had offers from other countries but I havent seen anything yet chances are he will go back to Barcelona it sucks cause he wont play Libertadores and he left a team that was.

I really want him to play international cups so he can develop more as a club player (we all know the number of bad performances he had at club level in Brazil) and move on to Europe which he needs to do and would have been his best option to do so. He hasnt proven anything in Brazil I dont know why he wanted to leave so bad.

13. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It seems Portugal is his destination.
    http://www.futbolecuador.com/site/n...-gremio-y-tiene-precontrato-en-portugal/61878

I have always wanted our players to try leagues such as Portugal, Greece, France and Netherlands more.