French Division 1

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Sep 7, 2012.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think Montpellier wants to fight for the Top 2 places and they want a proven goalscorer who will score those important goals against teams from the big 4. I am sure they have been scouting at the Euros.

2. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Really...loool.....see how bad the forwards were during this euro (apart Schelin , Boquete and Hegerberg ) I don't think they will find better than what they already have , seriously talking all european strikers needs to work on their shooting accuracy....

3. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Complete hullaballo and open crisis at Yzeure !!

Last year, Yzeure's coach Patrice Degironde left the club in the middle of the season for big personal divergences with the President Paul Sirot. A new coach was named, Xavier Aubert. The majority of the players claimed their support to Degironde and decided to take action, led by five of them : Laura Bouillot (one of the best scorers in D1 and the only one not belonging to one of the Big 4 teams), Emilie Gonssollin, Caroline Dolo, Stéphanie Maître, and Faustine Roux. In addition to this problem of coach, the players complained about the drastically lowering of bonuses aimed, according to the president, to compensate the coach's leaving costs. The bonus should be lowered from 200 € to 30 or 50 € per game.

The consequences of the disagreements between the players and the president are simple ... The five leading players are sacked ! Their licences have been taken back, and they are now without any club ! The president declared that "Going down to D2 is not a problem, I prefer to get rid of them (the players)".

FF Yzeure finished last season at a very good 5th position, behind Lyon, PSG, Juvisy and MHSC.

guignol repped this.
  4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Really bizzare and sad.

5. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This story is more complicated that what it seems , but you have to know french women football deeply and the mentality of his actors to understand it....But one thing you have to know all the others players were happy to start the preparation for the upcoming season which started today for Yzeure .

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i saw the same story and was going to translate... thanks for saving me the work debz!

7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Why is D1 more about drama and less about football than any other league?

8. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Because we are French :p

guignol and Katreus repped this.
  9. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    At least they will be best in class if they ever have a Drama Cup

blissett repped this.
  10. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    So in other words, Yzeure hired the wrong guy to coach, and because of it the players will be getting 25% pay. That would work out so well in men's football.

11. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    It's not for paying the new coach, it's for paying the redundancy payement to the former who was sacked (and supported by the players).

12. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Well if someone cut my salary to be able to afford sacking a boss I liked I would have been more than a bit angry to.

blissett repped this.
  13. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    And they are indeed !

14. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yzeure problem is not about drama, don't get confused by the dishonest who are deliberately lying (what is her purpose ?) , the only mistake president Paul Sirot is trying to pay Degironde's indemnity with the money of the fired players.....but rumours said there is another version of this which include Anne Sirot , Paul's daughter and ex Yzeure players , a kind of revenge because she was "forced" to leave the club by the fired people.....it's just a rumor , so I don't really pay attention to it but it could explain Paul Sirot 's drastic actions because I really don't think he get mad without a reason .
    Anyway , as I told , and some people are still lying about it .(what even talk if you don't know a lot about a story ?)...the other players just want to play , they were really happy to start the new season yesterday and they were questioned a lot about this but they don't seem to be worried at all .
    ps: note that the fuss emerged only know by it happened three weeks ago .

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Gromit06 repped this.
  16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i was wondering about the anne sirot situation, and how she was handling being overshadowed by bouillot.

17. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't know all the story but I think Anne left Yzeure for private reason , which involved her ex teammates not because of Bouillot taking her spot .....but it's just a feeling . Meanwhile two goalkepers jsut left France , Iryna Zvarich joins Fortuna Hjorring in Denmark where she wil play with ex-MHSC Luna Gevitz and Libby Stout signs for Cloppenburg in Germany .
    Did you know what Laura Agard is planning to do for next season ?

18. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    This is somewhat off topic, but over the next month I'm planning on covering all of the D1 teams on my blog. Sort of a who will Lyon be facing thing. Mostly because I think it's interesting, but also because I think a lot of people aren't really aware of who their opponents actually are, what type of clubs they are, which changes they have made for the new season, etc. Anyway, if any of you have any useful information about any of the clubs that you would like to share, I would love to hear it :)

I also have a quick question about this Yzeure ordeal. Gromit, you say Degironde left mid-season last year, but he wasn't replaced by Aubert until June if I'm not completely mistaken. Who coached Yzeure in the meantime? Also, have Yzeure signed players to make up for all those that have been fired and left? I've only heard of one, and with pre-season beginning that's a little concerning.

debzy and Gromit06 repped this.
  19. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Oh yes, you're right, I didn't notice my mistake, I'm deeply sorry. I wrote middle of the season while thinking middle of the year (june) :eek::D
    Thank you very much for noticing it. :thumbsup:
    Apparently, for the moment, nothing happened yet about the replacement of the fired players. The two articles quoted above (footofeminin and une-deux.net who are both serious sites) haven't said more but seem to agree in what to should be understood in this crisis. Someone (not French) wondered her why such things happen in France only, I read the same remarks on WSU. That's sad for the image of French Football and, even more, whatever the causes are and the truth is, for Yzeure's supporters and the club itself.

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i thought libby was headed to arsenal. cloppenburg? hardly seems like a step up but the pay may be better (she was on a contrat federal so the match bonus problem at yzeure affected her less). laura agard? no idea. but she should have no problem getting a spot in D1 if that's what she wants. i was sorry to see her leave.

21. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Thanks for clearing that up :)

It will be interesting to see what Yzeure come up with. I hope for the other players' sake that they find some good replacements, but it's getting pretty late already. Even if they find some great players, they obviously won't be able to play well together immediately.

22. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    BV Cloppenburg were promoted last season and will now play in the Bundesliga, so I would say it's a step up for Stout. Especially with the chaos at Yzeure, but even without that... the Bundesliga is quite a lot better in general than Division 1, isn't it?

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, i don't think this happens only in france... it seems to me that the situation at duisburg was far from wholesome and they're former european champions.

and a lot of the troubles going on right now can be considered growing pains: the difficulty of morphing from a former all-amateur system to one that is resolutely pro. so even if the brouhaha isn't a good thing in itself, it's a symptom of an underlying good thing.

debzy repped this.
  24. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Guignol , I don't know who you are but you have all my respect and admiration as a man and as a true lover of women football , you say it all from head to toe . Bravo et Merci from the bottom of my heart .
    It's a shame that some people are so ignorant about female clubs situation around the world but are convinced that drama happened only in France...shame on the americans because they deliberately ignored the "Magicjack fuss" , don't you remember the Masar , Wambach , Kai , Borislow drama gringos ? ....and for who is not americans well ignorance is bottomless but it can be saved if you educated yourself on female football 's culture .
    Lieri , Yzeure's problem happened three weeks ago , but it emerged only now because the players were officialy fired last week . However , they already recruited six new players three from Le Mans , the ex club of Yzeure new coach .
    For D1 , I was also planning to do a presentation of each team , players ,staff , formation , starters , stars , revelations etc...but I will do it at mid august because many transfers still have to happen ....the Yzeure players fired specially Bouillot , Agard , other players who could leave/join Montpellier , Benameur or Pons leaving PSG ?....The mercato is far from being over .

25. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Good to hear that they have recruited some new players, thanks Debzy.
    The mercato closes on August 31st, same as for the men, right? But as we all know the season begins the next day, so I thought I would get a bit of a head start and start with the teams that have already made a lot of changes, such as Yzeure and Juvisy.