French Division 1

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Sep 7, 2012.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    blissett, Slowpokeking and Lechus7 repped this.
  2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The fixture list has been published:

Will one team manage to overtake Lyon?
    Bordeaux are going for it, PSG are as messy as usual in their structure. Montpellier are rebuilding with a new manager and new players. PFC have lost many players.

Funnily enough only PSG and PFC have kept their manager. The other three teams have new ones. Vasseur OL, Mendy MHSC and Losa FCGB

sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    German wunderkind, Sarah Dabritz, hoping to make a splash at PSG, didn't quite get the attention of the Eifel Tower tourists though,,lol
    Facebook

hopefully there's streamed links to some of PSG games(as I definatly would like to see them)

blissett repped this.
  4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It was taken at the Place du Trocadero, so the Eiffel tower tourists clearly did not see her. :ROFLMAO:

5. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Eager to see how Bunny Shaw performs for Bordeaux. What sort of roster, otherwise, does it have?

blissett repped this.
  6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    she's b a a a a a ck!..........lovely model Laure Boulleau was spoted in an PSG uni scoring a goal in an pre season friendly for them. As some might recall. she was most famous for sporting Nike sports wear. Unfortunately her clothing line might of been as outdated back then(2013) as it's now(didn't the Annie Hall look die out in the 1970's?)
    Nike Sportswear Live for the Game - Laure Boulleau - YouTube
    looking at lineups of some of the teams, the French league is going to be more balanced than it gets credit for, Here's FC Paris roster. which after Thiney, includes several former, current or sometimes French NT members(off hand; Soyer, Bilbaut, Jaurena, Catala, Makansa, Estelle Cascarino to go with the Swiss, Aigbogun & Canada's Quinn
    France - Paris FC - Results, fixtures, squad, statistics, photos, videos and news - Women Soccerway

though some French players are leaving their home country, new signings this last week include; sometimes NT & Lyon NT, Gerard, signs with Real Betis(Spain) fwd Dali with West Ham
    they got several former, top French youth players, who though have had a tougher time trying to make the senior NT; Asseyi, Lavogez, Tarrieu, Karchouni, Gathrat. Of these, only Asseyi made the WC squad.
    and of those listed, Gathrat was my fav(hmm....I wonder why)
    gathratfiche1617.jpg

L'orange repped this.
  7. Ethan Frank

Ethan Frank Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Jun 11, 2019
    Any thoughts on how much of a factor Greenwood will be in Lyon's upcoming season?

8. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    She has a one plus one contract. My guess stopgap until Bacha has fully developed to be a starter.
    Great player Greenwood on set pieces and crosses. Technically good. Her association on the left side with Majri will be good. Same with Bronze Parris/Cascarino/Van De Sanden/Laurent

Ethan Frank repped this.
  9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Gathrat plays for FC Nantes these days.
    New era for FCGB, new coach and players.

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #3735 hotjam2, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    so what happens to Caro Simon?(as they go now three deep at LB). In the meantime, PSG signs Norwwau's Svaevik
    PSG Féminines on Twitter: " Le @PSG_Feminines est heureux d’annoncer l’arrivée de Karina Sævik. L'internationale norvégienne de 23 ans s’est engagée avec le club de la capitale jusqu’au 30 juin 2021 #ICICESTPARIS https://t.co/x6sF1NwqaK"

btw........PSG playing Bayern Munich in a friendly today

11. Ethan Frank

Ethan Frank Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Jun 11, 2019
    Yeah, Lyon have now got ridiculous depth at LB and RW, but I suppose that's a good problem for them to have.

12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I believe they will let a few players go, on loan or sold...

blissett repped this.
  13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    possibly to up the ante for next week's ICC vs possibly Riley's Courage? Anyways, the French are showing their the 'It' league with PSG win over Bayern Munich(2-1) & then shocking high score as Montpelier beats Chelsea(5-2)

could only find these rather shabby highlights, but as they say; beggars(woso fans) can't be choosers
    MHSC TV - Montpellier Hérault Sport Club - YouTube

PSG showing just how deep they are as their 2nd team looks stronger than their starting lineup(^ viceversa, it's the 2nd squad that won th game for them/as they were behind at h.t,/Huitema's socre the game winner)
    EBThmcCXUAASz2r.jpg

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Those are pre-season friendlies, they don't mean anything ...

15. Ethan Frank

Ethan Frank Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Jun 11, 2019
    Yeah, I don't follow PSG, but I think that starting lineup is notably comprised of players that will be second string during the season. A number of the subs (like Diani, Daebritz, Lawrence, and Glas and/or Paredes) will likely be starters when the season kicks off. I suspect Huitema isn't a consistent starter at this point, but full credit to her for getting the winner.

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  17. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The D1 Arkema starts this week-end, live on Canal + channels

Samedi 24 août - 14h30

Paris FC - Dijon (Foot+)
    Montpellier - Reims (Foot+)
    Bordeaux - Fleury (Foot+)
    Guingamp - Metz (Foot+)

Samedi 24 août - 15h30
    Lyon - Marseille (Canal + Sport)

Dimanche 25 août 2019 - 14h45
    PSG - Soyaux (Canal + Décalé)

18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    blissett repped this.
  19. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Lyon is almost comically big-footing everybody on the women's side of the sport. What, they don't have enough talent already?

20. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Lyon need all the help they can get - they're only in 3rd place, according to L'Équipe.

[​IMG]

...using the time-honoured tiebreaker, "alphabetical order".

[​IMG] [​IMG] Yesterday Lyon did beat Marseille 6-0 on day 1, which by the same logic puts Marseille 5th-from-bottom, i.e. not relegated yet.

Let's hope the World Cup helps to make the sport a lot more popular in France.
    - https://www.sofoot.com/d1-feminine-une-vague-a-prendre-473244.html

L'orange, flax and blissett repped this.
  21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    and one of them their trying hard to get is Megan Rapinoe(with her new found fame, lol) even though she was severly cirticized for not being a 'team player' during her short stint with Lyon back in 2013-14, (thus not getting much playing time like take her out after the 1st half)

but I do believe that French league is very underestimated. going at least 5 deep(NWSL worthy) with PSG giving Barca & Wolfsburg a run for their money for 2nd best club in Europe.

hopefully there's some streamlined games out there(for the French League), though I've asked this before from our half dozen BS regulars & got no reply

22. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think the WCL semi-final was a wake-up call last year, they were close to being eliminated. So they decided to put the budget up to stay ahead of the pack.

At the end of the day, nearly all the big men's team are starting to put the M€ in so Lyon have lost the competitive edge they used to have.

That's also why they sacked the coach who did the treble, becausd he was not good enough.

23. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Games are all live on Canal + channels available by subscription which means streams should be available

24. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Is there a live stream for the ongoing PSG match? Thank you in advance.

25. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France