French clubs in Europe 2013/2014

Discussion in 'France' started by Tsigalko, Jul 19, 2013.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i don't think it's a question of money, and the titles don't amount to a hill of beans between the four white lines. especially since only one player on the present squad (vercoutre) was on any of those title winners.

no, if juventus took OL lightly it's because we're only 5th in a league they might consider (wrongly imo) as a full step below the serie A, and because we were missing so many regulars.

2. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Let's just hope they continue underestimating OL for the second leg.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    even better, lets hope we get healthier. grenier is a long way away still, both fofana and gourcuff should be coming around soon, but the return match will be even sooner. and bedimo looks like he went down again against VAFC.
    on the good side, we'll have the first-choice back pair available, tollisso looked just enormous in valenciennes ( even against weak opposition you could smell the talent, he's a good one) and ferri almost as good. and malbranque is coming closer to the level that wowed us all beginning of last season.

if only we could get ONE of the players mentioned in the first paragraph back. arnold's OK but we have NO sub possibilities for the midfield.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    After the PSG debacle Im ready for another disapointment today especially since OL is mising too many important people (Gourcuff, Grenier, Fofana still out.) Im already ready for next year.

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    too soon.. man... to soon.

I'm not any more mad than I am disappointed in which the way PSG flubbed out last night. I really didn't think Ibra was that much more important than Cavani at this height of the CL.. I was clearly wrong, Cavani didn't do crap.. Emotionally I'm ready to sell this whiny piece of sh1t for around the same price PSG boughtem for, but then again whose going to replace him. I'm a forgiving person, so Cavani will have a massive chip on his back along with Ibra to take this ship back deep into the CL again next season, IF both are still around next season.

Blanc's season so far... BetterThanIExpected.gif

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  6. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    very well said

7. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    WATCH LYON BEAT JUVENTUS
    I HOPE LYON THEY KICK THERE A$$E$

ALLEZ LYON

8. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    any starting line ups /subs for Lyon vs Juventus tomorrow?

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Got to cheer for Lyon to beat PSG in the Coupe de la Ligue to get them back in the Europa League. Hope PSG is deflated from their Champions League exit and is disinterested.