French Abroad

Discussion in 'France' started by soccer krazy, Jul 7, 2007.

1. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think Schneiderlin could be a success there, as he was being tracked by both Arsenal and Chelsea, especially Arsenal where Wenger was very close to signing him a season ago, actually. While it's more prestigious to join a top EPL team, Schneiderlin will likely get his opportunity immediately at Southampton, whereas with a top EPL team, he would likely have to work his way up from the reserves to the senior team, which, given the depth of top squads in the EPL these days, could have taken a lot of work. Though it can happen, such as the case of Gaël Kakuta at Chelsea. Kakuta was a star in the reserves there the previous season.

2. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    N'Gog is doing really well so far at Liverpool.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He still has too many guys on their pecking order ahead of him.

4. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sami Nasri puts in a man of the match performance in his competitive debut with the Arsenal. He scored the only goal of the match. This kid is gonna be something special for this club and for France.

5. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Imagine if Wenger actually coached France?

[/dream]

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    How many man of the match performances did Nasri have with OM ? I cant remember too many.

7. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I couldn't tell ya man. What are you getting at though?

Oh and in other French Abroad news, Diarra looked like shit against Chelsea this weekend.

8. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Are we talking about the same Laurent Robert that couldn't get into a mediocre Toronto FC side?? Maybe he should just retire.

9. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Apparently France captain and all time goal scorer Thierry Henry was dropped from Barcelona's squad this past weekend. That's pretty disgraceful, and if Henry can be counted to on enough to be on his team's bench, what's that gonna say for his confidence for France. He might as well not even be called up.

10. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Relax buddy, Henry played in the Champions League a couple of days after against Sporting and according to what I've been reading, he did considerably well.

11. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    According to "AS", he is suffering from a pharyngitis.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    is that the spanish equivalent of gastro-enterite, otherwise known as "i'm washing my hair"?

13. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Anybody been watching menez with Roma? I saw the first half that he played against Reggina, and he doesn't appear to have found his feet yet. Missed a couple of good chances. It's only been three games, but I hope he can get one in soon before he gets dropped.

14. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I believe this weekend would be the only occasion where he has played as a starter with Roma, thus, I'm not that worried. Additionally, the way that Roma play, where other than Totti, few get into double digits in terms of goals (they don't have a routine goalscorer like a Trezeguet), and I think Jérémy is expected to be more of a winger, anyway, even though there are thoughts of him taking on the second striker role.

After watching the two, I am starting to think I like Obertan a bit better than Ménez anyway. Of course, he has to get some action too, even if he's appeared in almost every game this season, albeit it'd be off the bench.

We have a U-21 encounter against Germany in about a month, and technically, we would be able to field this team, even if it's doubtful that Benzema/Ben Arfa/Nasri would be too willing to be on Espoirs again.

Benzema
    Ménez - Ben Arfa - Nasri - Obertan
    Matuidi
    Armand Traoré/N'Zogbia - Sakho/Nestor/Kaboul - Bellaïd - Dabo
    Lloris/Rémy Riou/Ruffier (I don't believe Mandanda would be eligible, he's 23)

Subs: Rémy, Diaby, Gouffran, Payet

15. Padi

Padi New Member

Mar 28, 2008
    England
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Convenient that his Dad just happens to be working in London!

16. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Samir Nasri scored a brace to propel Arsenal to 2-1 victory over Manchester United today. It was a gutwreching match, which featured 6 frenchmen in the Arsenal starting XI!! Nasri has made a smooth transition into the Arsenal setup, and is quickly becoming a fan favorite.

17. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

NASRI NASRI NASRI !!!