Francesco Totti: C'è Solo un Capitano

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, May 27, 2017.

1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Hustle and Flow and muptonfish repped this.
  2. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember a few days ago...“dumbass Totti wanted Mihi” :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Totti said a Serie A team contacted him this monring. I have a feeling it was Massimo Ferrero from Sampdoria who wants him to work for them.....

4. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    1140683982197133314 is not a valid tweet id

5. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I remember our website was something straight out of 2001

6. muptonfish

muptonfish Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  7. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Take the Test Frank!

8. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Unpopular opinion: Totti had to earn influence as a director just like he did on the pitch, 2 years in management is nothing and he wanted too much power too soon. The club is right to point out that they offered him one of the most senior roles and he thought it wasn’t enough. Most retired players are picking up training cones at kids training 2 years from retirement. Like him or not, Baldini has been a football executive for 2 decades and has a Roma scudetto to his name, its normal that Pallotta will lean towards him.

That doesn’t take away from many of his criticisms toward the management, many of which are true.

And to finish my point, I think Baldini is a little bitch. He wants to run Roma without showing his face. He should man up, pack his bags and show up at Trigoria and do his work in view of everyone and suffer the pressure that comes with it.

DOctore13, ErPupone, Haakon24 and 7 others repped this.
  9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I read this as desperation at damage control. Before this Palotta did his best to convince everyone that Totti had a valuable role and a lot of input, but now that he's dropped some bombs they're changing direction and going with a personal attack back. They're losing this battle at the moment.

Keep dropping bombs Franky!!! I fully appreciate your efforts. He'll always be the King of Rome...he earned it with loyalty when he could have jumped ship and maybe won some Euro titles and even a poy award by extension.

Some of yous are forgetting this. He's pissed cuz James is trying change the culture. It might work. It might not, but the show has been fantastic so far.

La Magica and Hustle and Flow repped this.
  10. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    lmao, love it.

shiboboo repped this.
  11. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    lol, I'm glad you find this circus amusing.

A wise person would've just said nothing about Totti's comments, or some cliche-riddled blah blah blah .... but not our Jim. Nope, not Jimmy.

12. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to post this earlier. Pallotta has a lot to be blamed for but him leaning on Baldini is not one of them. JP knew nothing of the game, the movers-and-shakers in the game, how the transfer market worked. Baldini knew all of that and was successful at Roma and the Spurs.

I can't imagine how f'd up the last 10 years would have been without Baldini.

edit. Could not agree more.. Baldini should either put up or shut up at this point. Also, JP should have been more involved by now so he doesn't need Baldini.

13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's fantastic, and why not? My club has provided it's fair share of episodes. It's time some other club steps up too.

I'm at a nearby watering hole...cafe actually, where I sometimes come to get a bit of work done. My littlest guy is with me "was so funny papa?" And the best part is the password for the wifi is

Americano

Thoughts @LordNelson ?

:)

porreca, L'immortale, La Magica and 3 others repped this.
  14. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Totti has, in retirement, officially lost the plot.

L'immortale, r0adrunner and Java65 repped this.
  15. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea the response was stupid and just adds fuel to the fire.

16. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Loved the conference. The only thing I'm not sure about is his claim he wasn't involved at all in decisions, when he was the one who chose Ranieri.

All in all, it was probably a mistake not taking a few years off and enjoying retirement. He still has way too many friends in the team and I'm sure still has some salt towards certain people at the club who forced his retirement. He should learn from Maldini.

wm72, shiboboo, Oban14 and 3 others repped this.
  17. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Maldini was offered a fake-role by owners who he thought were shit. He came back once the ownership had changed and they respected his insight.

Dunno if a vacation away from Roma is all Totti needs to come back.

18. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    King of Rome v Jimmy from Boston. Jimmy might have to back track eventually and take Totti back with his suggestions on board or else this could sink him. Fans won't show up. Totti has taken down managers and players. Can he take down a president? Lol yes I think so.

Calcio Pauly, porreca, shiboboo and 2 others repped this.
  19. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JP isn't going to simply walk away he's got way too much invested. Unfortunately the fans are probably going to pay the biggest price because of these 2.

20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Since @Calcio Pauly is enjoying himself so much at this moment seeing and as Maldini has been brought up. Remember his last game at Milan and a section of the fans disgracefully booed him. Classy Milan fans.

21. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He won't walk away but this could make him buckle to the pressure. There will be no attendance next year apart from a few tourists if this isn't sorted out quickly. And that could continue into seasons ahead as Romans will side with Totti. If he doesn't fix this relationship then he's sunk. Even with a new stadium fans wouldn't come such is the power of Totti.

wm72, shiboboo and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  22. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Me every time I read a damage control letter from Jim this offseason:

oh-look-another-5a9793.jpg

La Magica repped this.
  23. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    As classy as the Totti haters? I guess every club has their fanbase...

Are we bonding now ?

[​IMG]

:D

L'immortale and La Magica repped this.
  24. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

This may be the case but I have to say Totti's statement (especially in Italian) comes across as much more frustration with the Kafka-esque picture he paints of management.

There is definitely some degree of "no one listened to me" and I would probably add that the "cleaning out the Romans" may have a bit to do with his friends/associates being more out of the loop.

However, if what Totti says is even 1/2 true, the response and focus of Pallotta / Baldini and all the other ill-defined vice-presidents and directors should be 100% on addressing Totti's statements with what they are going to do to improve communication and clear chains of command/decision making.

And that begins with what you say about Baldini either being the man to stand up and be the figurehead of management or Pallotta hiring someone who can.

It's why, in my post on the previous page, I said Sabatini was so important when he was here. Even though he was just DS, he had such an air of being in charge (even if he made errors) that I think it did a lot toward dispelling this notion of absent leadership. Seems that not just we fans noticed this. I believe Totti about it filtering down to the players.

porreca, shiboboo, Oban14 and 4 others repped this.
  25. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    This is probably a good point, actually. And one I hadn't considered.

That crazy chain-smoker drove me crazy with his transfer decisions, but he did have some serious swag.

wm72, Java65 and La Magica repped this.