FPL Draft League that ain't gone in 30 Seconds

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DrHeckle, Jul 17, 2018.

1. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Looks like Sand League is not going to work - so for those in Sand, or anywhere else for that matter, I will set up a FPL Draft League on the FPL site to keep us amused.

I will set the time between drafts to be as long as it can (I think 12 hrs?) to allow for different time zones and to stretch it out .. so you kinda get the All Rocks draft experience.. without the Google Docs :)

Anyone interested PM me anytime and we will see how many numbers we get .

:D

BalanceUT repped this.
  2. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Here is how I see the state of Play at the moment - all feel free to (constructively) amend:

1) Sand League as it is in All Rocks seems destined not to continue- 4 (5 most?) members as I see it
    2) I have set up a FPL Draft comp with the maximum 120 seconds time limit (best I can do :() . This could act as a pseudo Sand League ... a league where the not cool kids play .. whatever
    3) If one were to want a longer draft time.. then Fantrax may be the go, but given I know nothing of such site - maybe Muppet Boy is the one to set it up if all want to play that one?

I vote number 2 above as I would rather put up with a 2 minute draft to just have to use the FPL site all season, but others may differ.

And one good thing about the 120 second draft we can do it very close to Season Opener to allow maximum player movement...

Finally this Division could be the unofficial " Sand League" and a gentlemans agreement that whoever gets top spot (of the non SR /VSR players .. if they are needed to boost our numbers) ..gets dibs on VSR etc. but that point can be discussed another day .. lets just get this sorted ?

Thoughts y' all ?:)

BalanceUT repped this.
  3. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was rather hoping to get in on this but understand you want to give Sand League first dibs. Let me know if you need to fill out your league. I want to play for the experience but if that is a conflict I will stand aside.

DrHeckle repped this.
  4. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Count me in... getting a time that suits all will be hard so I am prepared to setup a watchlist. Anyway why make it easy ...

5. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    & here's their answer ....

"
    We appreciate your feedback regarding this matter, but unfortunately it isn't possible for the pick time during the draft to be increased any longer than the maximum 120 seconds.

This time period is not available in hours as you have suggested as we feel that the draft process itself is a fun, engaging opportunity for all the managers to come online at the same time and take part in the selection process.

If any manager in the league cannot be present for the draft process, then they are able to use their watchlist feature in the days/weeks before the draft to rank the picks they'd like to make:

If a manager is not available at the time of the draft, then the following criteria will be used to make an automatic pick:

1. Select the highest priority player from their watchlist who is both available and in a position they still require.

2. Select the highest ranked available player in the draft list in a position they still require.

Managers can add players to their watchlists via the 'Draft Room' page, before the draft takes place.

"

6. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think if people are willing to do an FPL draft we should offer it to create more divisions. The advantage would be that leagues could draft later and give us time to find managers.

DrHeckle repped this.
  7. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Agree.. if we get enough numbers for Sand - we could resurrect Dust . :)

Who knows, we might really get excited and good old Splinters League could be back :eek::confused:

8. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If you are looking at 2 leagues , get the time zones & have East v West ? Draft times would be easier to organize & overall winner is the highest from the 2 leagues ?

9. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Can you set a draft day and time? Not sure what you mean by overall winner. Can't we run these two leagues the same way as the slow draft leagues?

10. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Nahhh - i like the promotion / relegation system better .. but I think we will focus on getting 8 of us for now and getting a Sand league up and running :). Getting 16 is muppet in the sky stuff :p

11. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yes we can set date and time and will work out what suits all once we lock in 8 managers and their time zones etc

12. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If you post the league join code I can advertise it on some football sites.

13. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If going alone ..... why not have a new name to help distinguish it , others may see Rocks and just skip by .... New start = New name.

Maybe types/styles of boats/sailing ?
    Raft, Dinghy,Freighter, Cruise ?

bobfest and DrHeckle repped this.
  14. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Haha.. nice idea. How about this one:
    • The Meg League
    • Jaws League
    • Tuna League
    • Sardine League
    • Plankton League

15. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Like it maybe we will hook a few players .... I'm definitely aiming for 1st plaice.

I can my eldest to take part,he is getting into it more each year.

16. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Nice - he kicked my butt last year ... mind you so did everybody else :oops:

17. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    A blind 80 yr old lady with alzheimer's could do that, so no great achievement. (Nothing personal, need to keep his feet on the floor)

DrHeckle repped this.
  18. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But aren't these draft leagues still connected to All Rocks? The top two would be promoted to VSR, no?

19. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If I wanted to recruit people on other sites, what should I tell them to do?

20. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
  21. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Last thing. Are you doing the long draft with these leagues or the FPL Draft? I saw that you posted that the draft will take 4-5 days.

22. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Wow - Tarv is like the Pied Piper ! :)

Soooooo.... are we doing Sand/ Dust on the old Google Docs way, or the FPL site?

I had pretty much committed to abandoning the old way and set up "Sand" on FPL site using the Draft feature.. and would sort out a Dust if there was enough bodies. Given there are so many new players, and season is fast approaching .. I I think that is best as I feel the google docs set up may be an issue, especially as I am a bit time poor these days.

Maybe we do VSR & SR on old way, and Sand/ Maybe Dust the new way. The only thing that suffers really is the All Rocks League. I think we will recruit/ hold on to, more managers this way and it is a simple way to introduce new players. We could then all strive to get to SR / VSR so we can use Google Docs again :D:cool::p

If we all keep busy and update all leagues on BSoccer could be fun.

Thoughts all ?