Fox/Turner get Argentine League Rights

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by InterFan76, Jul 17, 2017.

1. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. They played in the final game of the Nacional B season (Argentinos had already clinched the title, and Chacarita was promoted on the final match day). The Nacional B season ran much longer than Primera, so I guess they're getting an extra break.

2. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tigre-Vélez is on TyC despite being unlisted. So I'm pretty confident that they'll show all non-River/Boca games.

BamBam11 repped this.
  3. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    What I don't understand is how TYC could leave out the two most popular clubs in Argentina. How are supporters of River and Boca supposed to watch their games then? Strange

4. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    In the USA there has been longer gaps with no River or Boca games than there have been years where a network purchased the rights to Boca or River. Fox had rights in the late 1990s and early 2000s. GolTV bought rights for 1/2 season a few years back, but probably since 2003 (best guess) there has not been a company willing to buy those rights. So the AFA is doing more harm than good since they are cutting off their biggest sides. But linking the AFA with intelligent business decisions is not something one could do very often. This has to be one of the dumbest FAs in the world.

Meanwhile TyC continues to send their local schedules for international TV instead of using the USA schedules so the on-screen guide on DTV is wrong about 90+% of the time.

5. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't leave them out. They don't have the rights. Boca and River rights are sold separately. I have heard both that no one has the rights in the USA and that Fox has the rights but doesn't show the games and doesn't sub license them. I don't know which is true (if either).

6. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    If that's the case why hasn't it been sorted out before the start of the new season? Just horrible business decisions all around.

7. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #32 daniloni, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    Before the beginning of the season? Have you not noticed that this has been the situation for several seasons now? Agree re the terrible business decisions.

EDIT: As far as I can piece together, the last time Boca and River were on TV in the USA was in the 2014 Torneo Final, when GolTV had the rights, picked the top game b/w Boca and River and sublicensed the other game to TyC. It appears that it wasn't renewed after June 2014. It wasn't a huge deal, because Futbol Para Todos would put all matched on YouTube without geographic restrictions. Then, during its brief period of glory (March '15-'16?), NGSN had the rights to stream all games in glorious HD and with both English and Spanish commentary. Last season, Boca and River games were easily found on pirated YouTube streams, although apparently they will start cracking down on that. So, yes, an unfortunate situation.

8. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Yeah I've noticed it's been a mess, or as we use to say in the Marines, a cluster********. What I don't understand is with the start of the new season, how the two most popular clubs in Argentina won't be seen by fans/supporters here in the US?

9. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    http://www.foxdeportes.com/tvschedule/

Saturday 9

9:00: Bungesliga
    1:00: Baseball
    4:00: College football
    8:00: UFC 215 prelims
    10:00: Golden Boy boxing

Sunday 10

11:00: Bungesliga
    3:30: Major League Soccer
    6:00: UEFA Super Cup (!!!)
    9:00: Major League Soccer

So no signs of Argentine soccer on Fox Deportes.

10. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    And no signs of Fútbol Argentino on TYC Sports this weekend either. Such a shame

11. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I stand corrected. Looks like they are showing games on TYC Sports. Though neither River or Boca games.

12. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yup All matches but no River and Boca. They also show all Copa Argentina matches too inclunding River and Boca matches. Don't understand why no River and Boca league matches.

13. BamBam11

BamBam11 New Member

Jul 26, 2006
    California
    Yes it's so dumb Boca-River league games aren't on TyC. Fortunately I can still watch the games in HD on genex.

14. agustin-gomez

agustin-gomez New Member

Universidad de Chile
    Chile
    Sep 26, 2017
    Fanatiz is a new streaming service with the rights to show the Superliga in the US. It is a legal service by the way. It will have all the Boca and River matches, live and in HD. The website is www.fanatiz.com

15. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is it free?

16. agustin-gomez

agustin-gomez New Member

Universidad de Chile
    Chile
    Sep 26, 2017
    It costs US$9.99 a month, with 14 days free trial. Argentina Superliga is shown everywhere except in South America. You can also watch the Chilean League and Mexican League so far.

17. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh ok nice

18. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Mexican is not available in the USA and it's just Argentina and Chile (leagues and cups) in the USA. Thanks for the info! Hoping that they develop an AppleTV or Roku app in the near future. $10 per month is a bit much especially given that I get everything except Boca and River league games on TyC and I already get Chilean league and cup on Poipes (also $10 per month)... of course I signed up anyway.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  19. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually it looks like the Chilean league is no longer on Poipes (maybe related to Fanatiz getting it). Poipes is now only Uruguayan and Ecuadorian.

20. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They wrote back that smart tv connected devices (appletv/roku/etc) are in the works but no launch date for now. For now, they have the website and iOS/Android apps.

21. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Mad props to Augustin for the 411 on this website. I gladly payed the $9.99 for it and watched the River vs Tucuman game today.

22. H-TownTiger

H-TownTiger Member

Liverpool FC
    Jun 3, 2009
    Houston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Has TyC sports rights changed? I'm watching Boca vs Huracan live right now on TyC Sports.

23. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Looks like TyC paid the rights to grab the Boca and River games

BocaFan, HomietheClown and InterFan76 repped this.
  24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I wish I would have known this prior to the weekend. I would have DVRed them on Sling TV.

25. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Can't speak for TyC since I don't subscribe to it, but for most stuff you can usually pull up anything aired the last 5-7 days on demand, just go the guide, select the channel at the far left and the programming from its last several days should show up at the top of the screen and then just scroll back to find it.