Fox Sports Stupidity Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Schapes, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Watching Juve Real Madrid on Fox Sports 2.

They have a crawl on the bottom giving scores of other Champion League games.

Really?

2. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Now they are dropping goals from the other games from the masthead with the current game score and time?

WTF.

3. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Another goal from the masthead.

They are making the champions League unwatchable.

4. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So now we have an entire thread created so you can talk to yourself regarding the same old spoiler complaints you have been making for ages. Do you have a problem with the constant tickers/updates that every network uses for every major sport in this country? Or is it just your precious soccer that dare not be spoiled?

Face it: FOX treats the CL as a major property. All major properties have constant live scoring updates for other games/matches being played simultaneously.

Cry as much as you want, but you are an annoying Luddite.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  5. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    Maybe now he will stop crying about NBC showing scores during their coverage of the premier league.

6. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not this sh!t again...

7. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Then explain how they expect ANYONE to watch the replays on FoxSports2?

Or, do they care?

8. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I don't like that either.

I video all the games and want to watch all the games.

If they spoil - what is the point?

9. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Can't the morons who want to know every score instantly do so on their mobile devices?

Which I am sure they are on during games.

When did America become ADD?

10. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    It's funny you use the term luddite, because it's really the luddites who are the ones that need/want these stupid things. People that aren't luddites just use the internet to keep track of simultaneous games, heck some are even simultaneously watching them on their tablets. TV broadcasters need to get with the modern era. Heck they could even make apps that work for secondary viewing with the game you're watching that will show you all the stats you want to see, the ability to do your own instant replay any time, scores of other games (if you want), etc. The possibilities are endless.

11. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    TJ Nash?

12. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    They don't care because the majority of the people watching are not going to go out of their way to watch replays on a channel that many people do not even have the ability to watch.

Redbullsnation2012 and TJNash repped this.
  13. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TV execs don't program their channels exclusively to meet the needs of one note shut-ins living in a cabin in some place deprived of ESPN3. In reality, FOX does not care about spoiling the ratings of a replay on FS2 because no one is watching it, anyway.

Or, what TarheelJTK said directly above.

14. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I can re bear when ESPN had the games and Fox as well.

People were mad because they were following the games on their mobile device (stupid)- these people were mad because Fox and ESPN were a minute or two late in terms of kickoff.

What a bunch of morons.

Put your damn mobile device down and watch the game.

Or, turn the game off and follow on your mobile device.

Again, when did America become ADD?

15. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Then why not get rid of the useless channel then?

16. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I watch.

That is a nice Customer Service attitude.

17. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As has been explained to you countless times, TV programmers do not exist solely to please you.

18. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I am not saying they should (show me where I said that), there must be other people otherwise why televise games they have spoiled with giving scores?

19. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Generally speaking, meaning for the majority of people, since you have a hard time with statements with multiple meanings there are two types of people who watch replays. People who are fans of a specific team who want to see how their team or their favorite player did and therefore want more than the score. And people who like a sport and watch it when they happen across it on a television station. These people are unlikely to have watched any of the other games live so won't know a score that was shown on a bug that people miss sometimes even when they are watching.
    As an aside I honestly don't know if Fox gives a damn about FS2 right now I think they may be just using it as overflow when their college contracts kick in for basketball.

20. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem they want to cater to the hardcore fan who wants to watch every game.

21. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nope I made the mistake the third group of people who watch replays are the hardcore fans who don't care whether they know the score or not. You are missing out on a lot in soccer as a sport especially if the score ruins everything for you. Seeing how a team plays lets you know what to expect when you get to see a live game. a 1-0 score can be dominated by either team or it can be an even game lost or won with a piece of great skill or horrid luck or terrible officiating. Soccer is nuanced.

22. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    Schapes is not.

reillyduke repped this.
  23. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Do you read the first page of a book and then the last page?

Watch the first few minutes of a movie then go to the end?

24. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I am nuanced.

That is what I like about football.

Broadcast television shouldn't be though.

25. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    First off i have to agree with the posters in another thread you suck at trolling. That said you tried but you have the absolute wrong metaphor. I watch movies I have already seen and enjoyed plenty of times. Ask my family they hate the Shawshank Redemption. I don't have to see everything brand new. I can enjoy things more than once. As an example from sports I watched the Red Sox win the world series live every pitch but DVR'd all the games. I went back and watched the finale last Friday night and you know it was awesome to watch the game and not have the stress of living and dying with every pitch. As for broadcast TV not being nuanced it is not possible for one person to be this stupid. Broadcast sports in the USA is a multi billion dollar a year industry. All industries with that much money at stake are by their nature nuanced.