Fox Soccer TV (FSC) Month Trial is a Scam

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by aphex, Feb 26, 2012.

1. aphex

aphex Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I just wanted to help you all beware of the Fox Soccer TV monthly trial. I paid $20 for a month trial, and when that month was up, I cancelled exactly on the day my month expired.

The next day I get a message from PayPal saying that Fox Soccer has just charged me $170 for rolling annual subscription!

I emailed (the only way to contact them) FSC and they said that I could only cancel the subscription 5 FULL DAYS before expiration, and that I could not get a refund.

Its evident that FSC TV lures customers into a month trial period, and then charge them $170 for the year knowing that they are not going to read the fine print. I canceled the day of expiration, and its not that they can't refund, its because they simply won't.

I'm really surprised that Fox Soccer is looking to capture only short term profits, when my family has long been a subscriber of FSC network on Time Warner Cable. Will definitely cancel this weekend.

To put the icing on the cake, I currently have no access to any of their live of On-Demand video. What a scam.

Beware, my football-mad colleagues, beware!

2. spottedeagle

spottedeagle New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I did a free trial month subscription sometime last year... I cancelled after only a week because I was not happy with the quality, but it took them about a week to finally get back to me about my request to cancel my subscription. Luckily I cancelled with plenty of time to spare, but not refunding you is a new low blow...

On a side note though... has there been any improved quality of the web streaming software and video quality since I last used it about a year and a half ago or is it still fairly dissapointing? How does it compare to ESPN3.com streaming quality?

3. Vanderbilt80

Vanderbilt80 New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    [​IMG]I paid $20 for a month trial, and when that month was up, I cancelled exactly on the day my month expired.