Fox Soccer Channel in HD -- on the way?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by tambo, Jan 16, 2008.

1. BigSalmon

BigSalmon Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    rookie question.. but can anyone tell me what channel is fox soccer in New York?? with Time Warner cable???

2. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's 124.

3. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any news on other cable providers getting this in HD? I thought maybe with the whole fox/cablevision dispute that we would have received it but still shit out of luck

4. JerseyFKY

JerseyFKY New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Finally... Fox Soccer HD has come to cablevision. A year after its inception, it has arrived. No need to go to satellite tv for me now.

5. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Man, I wish FIOS would get their s##t together and pick up FSC and FS+ in HD. It's been too long.

6. JerseyFKY

JerseyFKY New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    edit: Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus HD both on Cablevision. 797 - 798
    Was worth the wait. Sory fios guy! Come to the dark side.

7. ACSOCCER

ACSOCCER New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    NJ
    Fox Deportes (HD FD coming very soon!), FSC, FSC +, GOL TV, Telemundo, UEFA 8 channel soccer channel, MLS ticket, EPL etc. all in HD ONLY on Directv.

I just switched from Dish and also saved a lot of money so please look into it and list me as your referral so we can both save $100 -especially in this economy. If you love soccer like me you MUST get Directv!

(if you do not give my acct. # at the time of order neither of us will get the additional $100 off)

Kevin Directv Acct.#: 062212111

For more info on the referral program & $100 credit:

http://www.directv.com or call Directv referral dept. 1-800-507-4045

8. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Question guys, What package do I have to get to get access to the Champions League channels? I recently had to downgrade cause of financial issues, and 'lo mas' the hispanic package doesnt have access to it or so says the operators. :(

What do Ihave to get in order to get access to those channels?

9. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    DirecTV CHOICE or above.

DirecTV Mas Optimo Ultra or above.

10. DCExile

DCExile Member

Jan 3, 2008
    It appears FSC HD has been bumped again on FioS. It was supposedly next in line before officially being bumbed to 2nd in line behind BET HD. Now it's fallen further back as TruTV has leapfrogged both FSC and BET to be next in line.

But it's FioS anyway, with their lack of HD capacity being bumped means going from 12th of Never til 13th of Never.

11. sfdanryan

sfdanryan Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Could be worse. You could have Comcast and have zero hope of ever getting it. At least FIOS has it in the works

12. SlowFox

SlowFox Member

Aug 16, 1999
    I understand what you're saying, but there's absolutely no evidence that FSC-HD was "bumped"; i.e. no evidence that it was ever going to be added. I suppose FSC-HD and others will be, eventually, but the specific channels to be added and the timing are known (if at all) only by people who don't post on public forums. But I do have to say, FIOS marketing has kept subscribers fooled for this long, so it's not going to stop now.

If you want FSC-HD, GOLTV-HD, et al in the foreseeable future then, if you can, switch to a provider that has them. You can always switch back to FIOS later.

13. 7spencer7

7spencer7 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Outside Boston
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Member

Apr 9, 2005
    This shows how useless ranking are for adding new HD channels if none are added. Does the company have an ETA on when capacity will be expanded?

15. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fios sucks the big one i can saty this for about one year now all People ask for on the fios boards is FSC HD and they say that it is coming so and so and then they say some thing else. That is not how you run a business if you make a promise to customs then you have to keep that promise.

Shame on you fios i guss after diner i will be sending a email to fios.

16. HandsomeVoice

HandsomeVoice Member

Feb 7, 2010
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why's that?

17. sfdanryan

sfdanryan Member

Jun 5, 2009
    You must not be a Comcast customer if you're asking asking that. Either that or you're unaware of all the different footie channels especially the HD feeds that are offered on most other carriers (DirecTV for one). Comcast only offers GolTV and FSC in the Bay Area and neither is available in HD even though they have been available for about a year now (FSC HD for a year, GolTV HD has been available since August).

18. SlowFox

SlowFox Member

Aug 16, 1999
    That depends on what you mean (or I mean) by "official Verizon spokesperson". If the Twitter posts are official announcements then Verizon has more problems than even I thought they had: i.e. they have no idea what they're going to be doing.

Twitter is marketing, it isn't an official Verizon press release. The information released by that "spokesperson" has had no more accuracy than guesses made on Verizon forums by posters completely unaffiliated with FIOS. That's a fact.

There are basically two possibilities: either the Twitter posts are pure marketing, meant to keep FIOS subscribers where they are until new HD capacity comes on line later this year, or the people from whom the Twitter poster gets his ideas are trying to make a fool of him by giving him false information; they then laugh their a**es off when he posts it.

Either way, you will most likely have to get your FSC-HD fix somewhere else for now.

19. Demolition Man

Nov 5, 2009
    Twin Cities, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comcast is adding FSC HD along with GolTV HD on April 12th in the Philly market. Makes you wonder how soon before other markets will at least get FSC HD.

20. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TruTV HD has been getting the push this month because of March Madness.

21. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comcast was the provider that dumped FSC approximately ten years ago because "it competed" with Versus.

If you want soccer, but don't want satellite, there are better options than Comcast.

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Dish Network subscriber here.

I finally get FSC HD (!!!!!!).

I don't get FS+ HD. Does Dish offer FS+ in HD?

Huhe? Anyone?

Thanks in advance for any info.

23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try channel 406.

24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I have: it's in standard def. :)

So, does anybody know?

25. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have Dish and can only get FSC+ in SD. It sucks, but it probably actually doesn't cause I still have some semblance of a life....if I had FSC+ in HD too, I might just melt into the couch and gain 100 pounds.