Fox Footy in North America

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by mcpish, Jun 27, 2004.

1. mcpish

mcpish New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    Is there ANY way to get Fox Footy in North America, particularily in Canada?

2. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is extremely unlikely to be available anywhere else outside of Australia. You may want to consider subscribing to the afl.com.au video subscription, if you have the interest. Agreed, it's not the same thing. But that's the best you can get right now, I think.

3. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Available only in Australia, I am 99.99999999999 per cent certain of that. Not up on any common satellite or DSS to the USA, as far as I know.

It's a shame, because it's a great service for footy fans everywhere.

But at least I can keep reporting what I see on that channel in this forum, in the context of my news reports. :)

4. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    as chandu has said, i think the best way to watch is if you have a high speed conection to the internet, and go through afl.com.au

other than that, you have the weekly game and highlights on FSW.

5. mcpish

mcpish New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    Yeah I usually can just watch the "Toyota's Aussie Rules" 2 hour match show and 1 hour highlights show each week on FSWC. I just don't like how they edit the matches down so that they fit within 1 1/2 hours with 30 min of the hightlights of the rest of the matches. I'm a purist and want to see the matches from start to finish. The only match I get to see all the way through is the Grand Final which is broadcast live in it's entirety here in Canada.

I don't understand why Aussie Rules isn't more popular in Canada. It's just the sort of hard hitting contact sport that Canadians love.