Fox Deportes - Copa Libertadores 2017

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Willito, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Willito

Willito Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    So, is Fox Deportes not broadcasting the Copa Libertadores this year? is it because there will be no mexican teams? if so, what a f....ng shame. Catering only to mexicans in the US. Someone please confirm this.

2. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's lame.

3. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know about Fox Deportes or Fox Soccer Plus (which showed games in Spanish last season), but Fox Soccer 2 Go does list games.

4. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Just out of curiosity, why do you think Fox Deportes won't show Copa Liberatadores this year?? I'm kind of out of the loop on if they are showing the preliminary qualifiers or not, but from what I recall their coverage of those have always been spotty.

5. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I was just logging in to check on this. The first stage, leg 1 happened on Monday with return legs this Friday. Fox Deportes did not show any of the 3 games. And none of the 3 games are listed for Friday. Last year was so amazing for this tournament but it looks like Fox is going to screw it up. Part of the problem will be that the Libertadores is now a 12 month tournament (more or less) and there's no way Fox will avoid showing multiple repeats of CL games. But right now the CL isn't in action. This Friday Fox is showing Bundesliga live, FA Cup delayed, Bundesliga again (delayed). The waste of space that is Fox Soccer Plus for most days of the week could be used for these games because nothing will be live on FS+ but they aren't showing any Libertadores yet.

When it comes to sports, I am a total pessimist. The pessimist in me says that Libertadores will follow Copa Sudamericana: Fox2Go only.

6. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got a $1 trial for a month of FoxSoccer2Go. If it was normally around $10/ month I'd probably have done it by now but $20? For what? I purposely waited until today so that I get 2 rounds of Europa league games in Feb, these return legs for the Copa Libertadores and a handful of Hearts and Rangers games to scout out our Yanks Abroad. I'll probably cancel on my last day of the trial.

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    There's going to be a lot of angry Colombians in New York, New Jersey and Miami if Fox does not show Nacional, Millos, Medellin, Santa Fe & Junior.
    I expect most of those games to be at least on delay.

Other than that maybe River Plate will be the focus now that Mexicanos are not on the docket.

8. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    I wonder if GolTV or BeIn will grab the Conmebol television rights.

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    #9 BocaFan, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Christ! That's way too much for a freakin' streaming service. Just difficult to justify paying that when ESPN3 is free and literally has 100 times more content compared to FOXSoccer2Go.

Part of me is still hoping they will show the Libertadores on fs1 or fs2. Maybe they didn't show this preliminary round because its not on the usual Tuesdays-Thursdays? Plus its a qualifying round (we don't get any coverage of the early UCL qualifying rounds either)

10. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would be awesome if FS2 showed a few of the Libertadores games that, at least, feature Boca, Flamengo, Penarol...some of the iconic, classic South American clubs. We shall see!!

11. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    We are into the second qualifying round with much bigger sides starting now and it's still only FSGo. Meanwhile Deportes and FS+ show re-runs of other games. While I understand that there is some production cost involved with showing something new versus a rerun, those costs could be minimized if Fox would dump the local hosts for pre-game, half-time, and post-game and go with Fox feeds from Colombia, Chile, and Argentina. FS+ rarely has anything more than barebones productions anyway: game with music beds under CL highlights from 5 years ago.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I still have hope they'll show the group stage though. Maybe I'm naive but the CCL's coverage has been steadily improving over the past 15 years. Just seems weird that we would witness a total 180 all of a sudden. Also there aren't that many conflicts with UCL so the CCL could really help FoxD and FS+ fill some dead time with quality football.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #13 HomietheClown, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    With my Dish Network Hopper 3 Receiver YouTube application I was able to watch the Junior match on my television via one of the bootleg streams they do in the live sections. (IT was a BEIN Sports international feed with some Spaniard doing the commentary.)
    I am sure others who do not have Dish Network can find streams on YouTube using Chromecast or Xbox One.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And for those wondering the picture quality was pretty darn good. Obviously not as good as Fox Deportes HD but for a stream it was good. And the convenience of having YouTube built into my Dish Hopper receiver can't be beat.

15. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This sucks looks like no Libertadores on FoxDeportes. Saw one match is on FoxSoccer 2Go on this coming Tuesday. I loved watching Libertadores at night after afternoon CL matches. Also anyone know when Argentine league will be back and if River and Boca rights were picked up?

16. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    The big test of whether Fox Deportes will be showing Copa Libertadores starts March 7th with the kickoff of the group Stage. The fact they did not show any matches during the qualifying stage says little about what their plans truly are. I think its a 50-50 chance since LigaMX teams are not involved.

As for Argentina, they are just sorting out the TV rights deals down there. I can't anything regarding the Int'l rights. The tournament resumes March 3rd...

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

InterFan76 repped this.
  17. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok thanks

18. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.foxsoccer2go.com/upcoming doesn't list any Copa Libertadores games. https://areyouwatchingthis.com/tv/stations/fxdep-fox-deportes doesn't list the Copa Libertadores either.

19. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unclesox repped this.
  20. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sudamericana matches are now listed on the fox soccer app.

21. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Doesn't look good for Copa Libertadores on Fox Deportes. Group stage starts Tuesday and I was hoping to see matches listed. Instead, Fox Deportes has 2 showings of Napoli vs Real Madrid in Primetime (which they are showing live in the afternoon) over any Copa Libertadores.

At least for now, looks like Copa Libertadores is a FoxSoccer2Go product only. Fox sucks!

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

BocaFan repped this.
  22. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah Univision Deportes or GolTV which needs the programming should try for the rites. I loved when FoxDeportes became HD for Libertadores. Without Libertadores it's a useless channel for me now.

NaBUru38 and unclesox repped this.
  23. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    These idiots are showing Real-Napoli three (!!!!!!) times on Tuesday. The production costs for this repetition should be the same as Libertadores if they would move away from a model where they insist on using local announcers and move to what they did on FS+ last season: take the feed from Argentina or Chile or Colombia.

InterFan76 repped this.
  24. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly can't believe no more matches on TV. I think CL diehards would hate seeing matches replayed 3 times.

25. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Damn it I have to say it again FoxDeportes has officially become a useless channel for me!!!!