Four Hurdles to the goal: WC2018

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    People complaining at sweden. France got a faulty offside goal in the first game when we outplayed them.

Imo france has been trash all qualifier and lucky to advance.

2. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Honestly guys, after the loss to Bulgaria, we only have to blame ourselves.

This is hopefully good news for Oranje. So we can compete for the UEFA Nations League first title, and will get to play against top teams. This is so good to build a young team, and get the young players exposed to a mildly competitive tournament on the international level.

3. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Don't you see the same football in Ajax and in the NT ? And wasn't De Ligt a starter with Ajax in that great european run ? I was also against him starting that game, but we can't put full responsability on him or on Blind. Bulgaria was a loss and people only look at that one, what about losing 5-0 to France while every other team in the group did better against them, including Luxembourg ? You can also look at it this way...

For me dutch football is a whole big problem. I see the same things in Feyenoord, Ajax, NT, -21, Vitesse...That same rigid 4-3-3 with players sticked to their positions, no movement, abuse of lateral and back passes...

Dutch clubs and NT can lose games and get beaten with 0-3 or 1-4 while having more ball possession than the opponent ? As matter of a fact, they almost always have more. Where else do you see this in football ? I'm failing to find other examples...

They just can't play football, and I'm also doubting about a qualification for 2020 considering the current team. Where is the future promising generation ? We will start the next qualification campaign with the same team we have now. There are still 10 european teams clearly above us and 15 more or less at the same level. We can thank God the Euro has got 24 places now, with 16 we would have to pray for easy group every campaign.

Rakim_22 repped this.
  4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You are missing the master plan. All the NT members will take up residence in Aruba and qualify through CONCACAF which is a rubbish federation and qualification should be automatic.

5. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    That's technically doable indeed :D

Van de Beek hasn't made any minute with the NT yet. Is he legit to play for Aruba or Curacao ?

6. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Very sad to see Robben go. Just an amazing player.

Brilliant Dutch and Rakim_22 repped this.
  7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And then Aruba will play in orange colours for the entire tournament.

Brilliant!!!

Rakim_22 repped this.
  8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I would also put Klose on that list of world class German players, not for his club performance (which was only average), but because he turned into a BEAST whenever his country demanded him.

Something a few Dutch players could learn from

Rakim_22 and Oranje98 repped this.
  9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I still havent come to terms with this yet.

I hope you guys are dealing with this better than I am.
    I dealt with this much better in 2002, but not right now! :(

Cheers!!

10. Maybe because in 2002 a bunch of class players were on "stand by" to take over.
    Let's see...who's standing by..:whistling:...oh dear:cry:

11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Time to jump the Germany bandwagon!

12. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    If KNVB appoiinted the right coach at the beginning (not appoint Hiddink then Blind), we will qualify. The players may not be talented enough but should make it. Dick won 4 out of 5. At least our players are not wasting their talents on things outside football as Chilean players did (https://sg.as.com/sg/2017/10/13/football/1507891292_231517.html?omnil=resnavnext). If we decide to go with a foreign coach, Sampaoli is on my list after WC 2018.

13. Simmer

Simmer Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Oct 23, 2009
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    To be honest, I was more devestated back in 2002. If you see how that World Cup went along, we could have won it because we still had some very good players. The qualification didn't went well because of some unlucky events in the two matches against Portugal and the dreadful away performance against Ireland did us in at the end. However, that doesn't mean we would have failed to perform in the actual tournament where a lot of big nations didn't show up for some reason. A shame!

With the team we have now I don't think we are good enough to compete anyway.

14. Simmer

Simmer Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Oct 23, 2009
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You are right in some way. Sweden did what it had to do in the end to qualify for the play-offs and they deserve all the credits but it is hard for us Dutchies to accept that a team who couldn't beat us over 2 matches and only manages to stay ahead thanks to goal difference goes through. The win against France turned out huge for Sweden. We have to thank Lloris for his blunder in the last minute. We also won't forget that the winning goal against Sweden by Bas Dost was wrongly disallowed. Small things which could make all the difference in the end. And yes, France was only impressive against us in their home game. They drawed Belarus and Luxembourg. But okay, they do have better players than us as their disposal. Anyway, good luck against Italy.

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You'll have to pry the orange flag from my dead, lifeless fingers first :p

Although if you and Brazil meet up in the final next year I'm supporting Ze Deutschers

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can't think of any team that I will support right now. Maybe Italy if they make it as they kits are good looking and they do the best job of singing their country's anthem of any team I've ever seen. I also like how Gianluigi Buffon is so excited to play matches. Of course they have to beat Sweden to qualify!

17. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It's time to close this thread @Orange14. Too bad bad memories and it's depressing:(

18. Yup, we didnot finish the track in a winning time. The Swedes beat us on the finish line.

19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Id be happy to see the Swedes getting "out-dragged down" by the Italians instead of my own team.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Right you are. All the crying over spilled milk is now over and it's time to move on to the future.