Four Hurdles to the goal: WC2018

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Our ladies know how to win trophies. They dont mess around!!!!

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Buffalo made it to four straight Super Bowls (I think they are the only team to do that) and lost each one.

3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How on earth can a country with only 300K peeps go on an ass-kicking tour like that??

It shouldnt be happening!!!!!!!!! :eek:

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  6. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    TL;DR ... LMAO

PS there are you happy now? ... I don't enjoy short posts ... I'd like to apologise in advance because I'm about to make this post a bit longer: u mad, bro? ... lol ... so much salt ... and more of that sort of nonsense ... honestly, it does nothing for me.

PPS my friend ... you're a bit rude!

7. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    This won't be a short post ... in before TL;DR LMAO

That's right ... plenty of Belgians played for Dutch clubs ... I know, it's a great feeling to be a supporter then ... glad to hear that you were able to share in that wonderful experience.

Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Dembele, Nainggolan, et al. trained at Beerschot well before they moved to other clubs ... sure, in the very short timeframe Beerschot was on financial drip from Ajax some of the Beerschot talents were given a start in Ajax's first team ... yet I can't recall any players from Ajax (at the club before turning 16yo) that went on to become household names since Sneijder and VDV came through in what feels like a century ago. Beerschot's chairman at the time complained that the "talents" Ajax were sending over were worse than what remained at the club. That was even after Ajax had taken all of the Beerschot talents that were at least half decent (5 players every year and scouts at Beerschot also covered a much much smaller area). Despite their limited resources Beerschot were doing a hell of a job before declaring bankruptcy ... "De Toekomst", OTOH, didn't look too bright. Ajax prized away, U.Haesaert, Beerschot's top scout as well ... while at Ajax, he pitched moves for the likes of Hazard, Dembele and De Bruyne but Ajax didn't listen ... he then left for Anderlecht to head up their youth development, helped create the Purple Talents project, had many successes with the youth teams, etc. ... it's very much an understatement to claim that the list of talents detected by U.Haesaert is really impressive. Imagine Ajax had listened to U.Haesaert ... imagine those talents, who were very good at a very young age, playing for Ajax ... e.g. at Lille Hazard won a shitload of trophies, for his club and individual honours, as the main contributor to a side that before him hadn't won anything since just after WWII ... Hazard was filling the air with electricity virtually all the time back in Ligue 1 ... you were expecting something to happen every time he received the ball ... hard to tell if he could have turned out better had he joined Ajax instead (still he turned out just fine). Not only did Ajax fail to spot talents, the likes of Nainggolan and Dembele, that were at Beerschot (back when they had a deal with the club) ... they eventually cut ties with Beerschot and also ignored their scouts in Belgium ... if Ajax had shown more of an interest in Belgium they could have done a lot better ... while the likes of De Bruyne and Hazard developed very well without ever moving to the Eredivisie.

Holland is still the top destination for Belgian kiddies that try their luck abroad ... even though leaving your own country at a young age tends to harm their development (dutchies leaving Holland provides plenty of examples of that sort of thing as well). Now when I have a look at where Belgium's most promising talents that moved abroad train ... Holland is very much underrepresented (PSV, basically Belgium anyway, have a couple and they've recently made a deal with Beerschot) ... ATM Belgian talents abroad mainly show up in France, Germany, Italy, etc. ... since those early days, when players first started looking beyond their country's borders, there have been Belgians in Eredivisie clubs ... however in recent times the Belgian talents that moved to Holland aren't the most promising ones ... far from it ... they no longer view Eredivisie clubs as a step forward in their careers (maybe you've seen some of the interviews of the ones linked to Eredivisie clubs). Also, youth development in Belgium isn't exactly lagging behind ... at the very least Belgian NT players were brought through it and most of them started their careers in Belgium ... including top quality players like De Bruyne, Courtois, Kompany, Lukaku, et al. Belgian clubs are doing quite a decent job these days but of course have woes as well.

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    TL;DR

Fu_ck off and go to your own effing forum (wherever that is).

A$$hole!!!!!

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yadda........yadda..........yadda........did anyone read all that shit???!!!!!!

10. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Reported :D

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Does Blondo honestly think we're gonna read all that shit??!!!

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Stop coming in our forum for fooking sakes

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Take a deep breath and go to bed. Don't post any more tonight. You are getting very close to crossing my line which is pretty lenient. One more outburst and you will be penalized!!! You have been warned.

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm innocent!!!!!!! :D

All the evidence thats against me wont hold up in a court of law

16. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Tottenham tried to force Janssen out: No Future for Dutchman at the club

The striker was left out of Tottenham’s Champions League squad on Monday and today De Telegraaf have released information on Janssen’s situation at the Premier League club.

According to the report, Janssen no longer has a future under coach Maurico Pochettino, who has decided the Dutchman doesn’t have what it takes to lead the line for the club. That is why Fernando Llorente was signed on deadline day.

Chairman Daniel Levy tried his hardest to force Janssen out on deadline day, but the former AZ star turned down the chance to join West Brom on a permanent deal and then Brighton on loan. De Telegraaf state that Tottenham put so much pressure on him to leave, that Janssen could not have been in the right state of mind heading in to the 4-0 defeat to France, which took place on deadline day.

The next six months look bleak for Janssen, who seems to have no chance of first team football and will need to wait until the January transfer window opens to find a new club. This should also put him out of contention for Netherlands final two World Cup qualifiers with Belarus and Sweden.

http://www.football-oranje.com/tottenham-tried-force-janssen-no-future-dutchman-club/

17. Parel

Parel Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    NAC Breda
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I agree with your points about talent. Yes we need a new generation to come through, but nonetheless our squad was still easily good enough to have been able to claim a top 3 spot in the last qualifying campaign, and was certainly good enough to finish at least second in the current campaign. That we failed to make it to Euro 2016 and are on the verge of failing to make it to the next World Cup has mainly to do with mismanagement on an epic scale, and some bad luck along the way.

Our win against Bulgaria is pretty much our first competitive victory against a semi-decent team (i.e. that to some degree challenges for qualification spots) since 2014! Certainly a step in the right direction but, frustratingly, probably too late. The fact that Blind was still in charge during the Sofia game proved to be disastrous to our hopes. And Advocaat isn't exactly inspiring confidence with his choices either. Having Janssen start ahead of say Dost is already very questionable, but to then not even sub in Dost at all during the game (when it was clear that due to the situation in Belarus we needed more goals) was just shocking.

By the way, about our WC Finals loss, indeed when Robben failed to score on that breakaway I really sensed that our best chance had gone. But surely the best ever chance was hitting the post in injury time of the 1978 final. Thank goodness I wasn't born yet since I can imagine that would have been extremely traumatic...

18. Neeskens78

Neeskens78 New Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Even Rensenbrink himself said that even hitting the post in '78 was the best he could reaonsonably do as the angle etc made the opening he had then incredibly small.

When I saw Robben running through in 2010 I thought we were about to score. It was a nice ball to connect up with a good run to make a huge chance....which we then missed. The chance was so good I don't even know if you can justifiably call it a save by Casillas, rather it was a miss by Robben.

Janssen isn't good enough to be in the international team. To me he looks like an English league championship player. Why the hell Spurs bought him I don't know. Why Advocaat used him is beyond me. What the hell Gullit is doing with the international setup is beyond me as well.

I remember Simon Kuper's book 'Football Against the Enemy" had an interesting chapter about the rivalry between the Dutch and Germany national teams. The book came out in '94 I think so it was published around the time the national team was transitioning from that great generation of talent of Van Basten etc to the next......and Kuper said something like "Well once Gullit etc are gone Holland will go back to being an average team and Germany will be much better" - turns out Kuper was wrong as we then had that great era of Bergkamp, Davids, Kluivert etc and one of our greatest teams - the one at 1998 World Cup.

BUT now I think Kuper's warning about us becoming an ordinary side is coming true and we have a long period of supporting an average European team ahead of us. I hope I am wrong because I have loved this team for so long.

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Holland will have another great generation coming up, but we just have to be patient

20. Uhmmm, ...no...I watched the bombardment by the Orange squad of the German goalie in 1970, I watched the pole strike in 1978, I watched the toe of Cassillas in 2010, I watched the missed penalty for the Final place in 2014....I waited 18 years for a Feyenoord title....Yet I'm a happy peppy.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Don't you mean 1974???

22. Donot mock me for being old and on statins;)

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    statins can cause memory loss issues!!!!

24. I knew there was something with those pills, but I forgot what:p

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    My wife takes them also and cannot remember my name!