Four Hurdles to the goal: WC2018

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There are 4 hurdles to jump towards qualification:

31 aug. - 20:45
    upload_2017-6-12_0-19-25.png Frankrijk - Nederland upload_2017-6-12_0-19-25.png

3 sep. - Eerste ronde WK kwalificatie 18:00
    upload_2017-6-12_0-19-25.png Nederland - Bulgarije upload_2017-6-12_0-19-25.png

7 okt. - 20:45
    upload_2017-6-12_0-19-25.png Wit-Rusland - Nederland upload_2017-6-12_0-19-25.png

10 okt. - 20:45
    [​IMG]Nederland - Zweden[​IMG]

2. Something overlooked in the comments on the matches:

"Bondscoaches Dick Advocaat en Ruud Gullit kunnen aan de bak. Het duo heeft werk aan de winkel aan het bewaken van de eenheid en hiërarchie binnen de selectie van het Nederlands elftal. Met het laatste hebben sommige internationals enige moeite, bleek zondag in de kleedkamer na afloop van Nederland - Ivoorkust (5-0).

Aanvoerder Arjen Robben zette daar ten overstaan van alle internationals Memphis Depay op z’n plaats vanwege diens gedrag in het veld. Saillant detail: Advocaat en Gullit waren daar niet bij en Fred Grim was de hoogst aanwezige verantwoordelijke bij het Nederlands elftal.

De boosheid van Robben betrof het verongelijkte bij Depay, nadat die de bal niet had ontvangen zoals hij wilde. De aanvoerder dacht Depay diep te sturen, maar die stopte op een gegeven moment met lopen. Om vervolgens met armgebaren duidelijk te maken hoe het in zijn ogen wél had gemoeten."

Robben niet gediend van gedrag Depay: 'Aanvoerder zette Memphis ...

Good for Robben. We donot need diva behaviour from players that havenot shown yet to be the difference makers on the pitch for Oranje. He did it in Turkey against van Persie and now with Robben. If he doesnot get what his place is in the pecking order he better stay away. In the old days players like Israel, van Hanegem and Neeskens simply would kick the shit out of him on the training ground to put him in his place. We have 4 do or die events and donot need shitheads playing out of tune.
    If necesary dump him for Promes.

3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Agreed on Promes

4. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes totally agree

5. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Yeah but Robben was having the same problems when he was at Depay's age. Remember WC2006 the clashes with Van Persie.

Depay might have a bad character, he is far from being selfish on the pitch, unlike Robben was when he was young.

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #6 Brilliant Dutch, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    I predict a draw against France, and 3 wins in the other games. So a total of 10 points, which I'm not sure will be enough to grab 2nd place, but we shall see.

Also keep in mind 2nd place isnt guaranteed a playoff spot anymore

7. Probably, but what matters is what he delivers and this is what van Hanegem says about that:
    "Depay is de volgende speler waar ik zwaar teleurgesteld in was. Bondscoach Dick Advocaat is de zoveelste trainer die Depay wel even denkt te kunnen raken.

Maar ik zag het weer niet bij Depay en dat was helaas niet voor het eerst. Ja, als er een vrije trap is, komt hij even heel parmantig naast Robben en Sneijder staan. Waarom hij dat telkens weer doet, is mij een raadsel. Hij neemt die bal toch niet? Maar een geslaagde actie, ik heb het niet gezien. Niet tegen Marokko, niet tegen Ivoorkust en niet tegen Luxemburg. Al die trainers stoppen maar al hun energie in Depay, maar de speler geeft ze maar zelden iets tastbaars terug."

"Depay is the next player I was very disappointed in. Coach Dick Advocaat is the umptiest coach who thinks he can touch Depay.

But again I did not see it with Depay and that was unfortunately not the first time. Yes, if there's a free kick, he'll stand perky next to Robben and Sneijder. Why does he do that repeatedly is a mystery to me. He isnot going to take that ball? But a successful action, I did not see it. Not against Morocco, not against Côte d'Ivoire and not Luxembourg. All those trainers put all their energy in Depay, but the player rarely returns them something tangible."

And when that's the case there is no room for getting cocky towards anyone on the pitch.

The match against Ivoorkust and Luxemburg werenot that great anyway, but Dick has a whole month to prep them for France. Especially Strootman has to step up, as I saw too many failed passes, but that could be a false observation. Wonder if there is a statistic break down of the match player by player.

8. History: It has been 81 years ago since we beat France away in Paris, on januari the 12th 1936 to be precise.

9. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Arjen Robben is one of the best players of his generation, a football legend & one of the best Dutch players since Cryuff. Players like Ronaldo can sometimes be selfish & it is accepted but not if you are Martial or Rashford. There is a massive gulf in quality so I see no reason why Depay should be allowed the same freedom to bit*h.

But anyways this is not a big deal, talented players are sometimes difficult characters to handle & it is upto the coach to do his best & manage them !

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I watched the France/England friendly yesterday. France was down to 10 men with a sending off of Varane on a foul in box. Apparently the video official called it a red as the match official only had the Yellow card out. It was a wrong decision but France recovered. England are really a poor team aside from Harry Kane and Delli Alli who are both top flight. Kane scored both goals, one on a PK.

France, as we know, are just loaded with talent in the MF and up front. I'm unconvinced by their defense and Lloris has to get over his howler against Sweden. I think Oranje can score against this team the real question is whether they can contain the French attack. Mbappe is really good but was caught offsides a little too much. If I had to call a result right now, I think getting a draw in Paris would be an excellent result.

11. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I watched this match too and agree that French have lots of quality on attack and MF but their Defense is not all that.
    Simply put Dickie will have to get the tactics spot on.
    Condense the pitch when French have the ball and don't allow the running in midfield or turn our defenders.
    Blind at LB is scary with his lack of pace.
    I want to see high pressure, pressing, energetic play.
    Think we can do it.
    Question is who will start?
    Will Van Dijk be ready?

Sybe Pals repped this.
  12. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    The only hope is Robben, otherwise we will have a remake of the last France-Netherlands games.

I would like to see a different midfield to play against Pogba. I've seen Clasie, Strootman, Klaassen, Wijnaldum and Vilhena against him and they were all dominated.

We need a player that can really do an individual marking on Pogba. Like El Ahmadi did. If you contain Pogba, you don't allow the french passing forward.

Unfortunetaly I don't see any dutch midfielder able to do it now. Maybe Nigel if he finds some good playing time in august before the game, he could help us for this one.

13. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm sure there are players there who can do it but unfortunately they don't have much time at NT level.

st juste, Luckassen,Menash, Ake.

also I don't know what form is Schaars in now after that lengthy injury spell at heerenveen. he had good start to last season though.

14. How about my suggestion Karsdorp? He was chosen to be the best midfielder of the Dutch youth, before Feyenoord turned him into a defender, so his passing capability is undeniable plus he has the energy to go from box to box 90 minutes plus he can add defensive actions to the midfield.

15. Did someone summon me

[​IMG]

Rakim_22 repped this.
  16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  17. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
  18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And not a moment too soon

19. ???

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why are you ?????? with the questions marks?????????

Its easy enough. vBreukelen needs to f__ck of and vGaal needs to come in.

Eazy peazy

21. The post stated LvG replaced him, but I couldnot find any confirmation of it.

22. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Wim Jonk would be perfect for this job. But I read that Fred Rutten is the big favorite to succeed Van Breukelen.

23. Wim Jonk would be the worst for the job, as he has the sensitivity for delicate mutual relationships of a rhinoceros. It isnot bout knowledge of technical affairs, but about managing relationships, getting common ground about technical affairs etc. WJ didnot exactly excel at that at Ajax.

24. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So I'm not sure where else to discuss this, but since we're talking about potentially qualifying for the WC I thought about our players, where our strengths lie, and what we need to be doing in order to field a competitive team not only for qualifying but also if we want to be a dark horse team if we do actually make it.

As far as I'm concerned the 3-4-3 (or 3-5-2) suits our team best of any formation, and our players that we have available fit it perfectly.

Cillessen
    de Vrij - van Dijk - Hoedt
    Karsdorp - Wijnaldum - Strootman - Blind
    Robben - Promes
    Janssen​

There's so much potential in this line-up and I would be confident against almost any other team. Robben and Promes both given freedom to roam and do their thing which they excel at. Janssen is very good at holding up the ball and is strong to play the other two in on runs and such (plus can be a good poacher in follow up chances). Karsdorp and Blind are both adept at providing angled crosses and through balls into the middle while Strootman and Wijnaldum both have the energy and intelligence to cover the middle of the field with support from a VERY strong back 3 who are also all comfortable on the ball. It's too forward thinking and innovative I think especially for Dick but eh. It also has the players for depth...BMI, Veltman, Janmaat, Willems, Vilhena, Propper, Memphis and even Dost can provide a 'plan B' for when they are having trouble breaking other teams down.

bunbohue repped this.