Fosu-Monstah - The Timothy Fosu-Mensah Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Good in terms of international scheduling.

SyedZada repped this.
  2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tim & Ton

[​IMG]

3. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats are in order for the first Oranje call up.

Could do without the Lebron beard though

4. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sure hope this "bowl" haircut fad fades fast. There are very few for whom it is flattering. I remember when it was a common cut to ask someone, "What, did your mom put a bowl over your head to cut your hair?", implying that your recent hair cut was a poor one.

LA. MAN UNITED and SyedZada repped this.
  5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably very unlikely, but I'd like it if Timmy somehow had some playing time in midfield, even if it's 10-15mins at the end of a game for starters.
    Have a feeling his energy and aggressiveness would make him a hit in that position. Not to mention would give him the opportunity to showcase his ability with the ball at his feet.

6. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We probably won't see that in the remaining games considering the criticality of the games involved but that's certainly something that I would like to see happen a few times next season. Would agree with you that he definitely has the physical attributes to play in midfield.

7. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    TFM is right up Jose's alley. Hopefully he'll get some good minutes this season.

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    High energy, physical and powerful. Agreed, he ticks all the boxes of a Mourinho type player.

10. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TFM says all the right things for a young lad. Glad to hear he's listening to the experienced heads around him.

11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "A groin problem was causing me too much problems.I told the national team coach about it and also informed the doctor. I need to rest. If I do too much now, I will be sidelined during pre-season. We also have a trip to China coming up with Manchester United. I have to be fit for that. It's a long journey and we will be training hard.
    I will meet with my physio in two weeks' time and we will do everything to make sure I will be ready for the first training of the new season. The national team coach has ensured me that he is keeping a close eye on me. I am still only 18. My time will come. I am focused on United now. I was happy with the call-up for Netherlands and the coach will keep following me."

12. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Good head on his shoulders. Fresh of breath air.

13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the kid is still just 18: his maturity and ability to correctly assess the situation are a credit to him.

14. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    as i mentioned in the FA Cup Final/Winners thread, i was searching around for who got a medal.

sadly, it appears that Fosu-Monstah did not receive one. oddly enough, Andreas Pereira did though.

also odd was not giving out the medals on site. none of the photos have the players with a medal around the neck

15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are reports that Timmy will be the next youngster at the club to be rewarded with a new contract fairly soon.
    After Rashford and BoJack, it's a relief to see the club acting swiftly in giving those talented youngsters the contract they deserve.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  16. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....and pull those sagging pants up. You damn kids kid off my lawn! (shakes fist)

exref repped this.
  17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing how he apparently likes to shop, he surely is looking forward to that new contract.

[​IMG]

18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Timothy Fosu "Bane"sah

[​IMG]

19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had the exact same thoughts when I saw him. To think he's still just 18...

20. Gnome

Gnome Member+

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    I like how all the whities ignore the fact that TFM is very good on the ball, calm in possession, tactically aware and a very good positional player at 18, and only talk about the fact that he's big and strong. Racist ********s.

Futbol_Head, jeff070 and benni... repped this.
  21. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #46 Ashur, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    They'll learn soon enough that he's the whole package. He is a physical specimen though for someone so young. That is simply a fact and that is what most people have been exposed to in regards to him so far. Most people (and that includes many United fans) have little to no idea of how good a footballer he really is...

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    He is definitely not tactically aware or a very good positional player. Those are his major failings particularly when used at right-back. He is confident and wants to be involved but it results in him naively ball and man chasing at present.

incighte and Ashur repped this.
  23. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I haven't read any shitty comments about TFM. What little we saw of him last season suggested incredible potential, a boy in a man's body with a man's mind with an outstanding touch on the ball for a young player who's more defensive minded than an attacker.

We have every reason to be fired up about Rashford and even Borthwick-Jackson, but it's clear to me the real gem in our "youth" ranks of Timothy Fosu-Mensah. It's not at all going out on a limb to suggest he'll be world class in 3 years. tops. He's got all the tools, and from what we've seen so far gobs of maturity, to be one of the great footballers of his generation.

At what position I have no idea. But Timothy will be groomed to be either a CB or a defensive midfielder and will excel at either.

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Given his ability to carry the ball forward I would hope midfield.

Ashur repped this.
  25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed that those weaknesses can really be a liability, especially in defense. Which is precisely why I believe he'd be so effective in midfield as those faults listed above (especially the ball chasing/running around and boundless energy) will actually be seen more as virtues, rather than faults.
    Said it before and nothing I've seen so far has changed this, but for me while he can become an excellent defender (be it FB or CB), I still believe it a massive waste of his true capabilities if he'd end up stuck at the back. This guy has B2B written all over him, from his skill on the ball to his strength and especially, his stamina and energy. He just belongs in midfield and could massively influence games from there. I'm very confident that he can pretty much do what Renato Sanches can...
    Not to worried about his relative lack of tactical awareness as he is still very young and it's something that can be thought. A lot of natural attributes, on the other hand, simply can not.