Forward Partnership?

Discussion in 'Middlesbrough' started by cronaldo71728, Mar 25, 2008.

1. cronaldo71728

cronaldo71728 New Member

Mar 19, 2007
    NY
    Which duo would you like to see as the two forwards up top?
    My choice would be keep it the way it is. Aliadiere up top and Tuncay supporting striker.

2. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Aliadiere and Alves with Tuncay behind the front two.

3. TransferSwoop

TransferSwoop New Member

Apr 2, 2008
    I think Alves is just itching to breakout in the Premiership, I think once he does there will be no looking back, the guys ridiculously talented...

4. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    Is Nathan Porritt going to get a run out this year? If so, is he a striker or a winger?

5. TonyM

TonyM New Member

May 7, 2007
    UK
    A bit late as usual - as I don't seem to check this site very often.

Porritt is a winger - not sure what the plans are for him this season after he surprisingly signed a new contract. I think he has probably fallen behind a few younger players such as Owens and Franks who have been pushing on in the reserves.

With him being predominately left-sided, he has Downing, Johnson, possibly Tuncay and Emnes ahead of him in the first-team. With an increase in the number of subs this season, he might find himself on the bench on a few occasions.

You were asking about him in the past if I remember correctly. Any particular reason for the interest in him?

6. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    I just remebered all the BBC tapping-up scandal involving him and wondered when I'm going to get to see what all the fuss was about.