Forward Madison FC - Superthread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by WarrenWallace, Nov 26, 2018.

1. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
  2. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I don't know. I understand the logic behind Forward Madison and the logo, but, it doesn't generate excitement to me. I will drive up from Chicago to watch a match or two, but, I am very underwhelmed with the Forward Madison identity of the team. Pink flamingoes, really? I am thankful that the Chicago MLS team is not known as the Chicago Rhythm , but the pink flamingoes really seems like an inside joke rather than a team logo that will not stand the test of time. Chicago Fire, yes, pink flamingoes, not really. I am not from Madison, so the naming of the team might be spot on. As a big fan of Peter Wilt, I really hope that the team will be successful.

3. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have Yellow Submarines, so why not Pink Flamingos ??

4. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Madison partners with Minnesota United

Per the one-year partnership, Madison will have the ability to receive several players on loan from Minnesota United. The agreement also allows for shared scouting networks and technical resources between the two clubs, opportunities for closed-door scrimmages, and a possible exhibition match pending the release of the 2019 MLS schedule.

5. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
  6. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    FORWARD MADISON FC TO PLAY FAMED GERMAN SIDE HERTHA BERLIN

[​IMG]

7. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

If you had gone to UW in the late 70s, the logo and logic would be crystal clear. It is a brilliant play on Madison and UW history:

[​IMG]

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus, you know, identities are intended to excite locals who actually are supposed to embrace a club and not just randos from out of town.

9. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Home opener for Madison this Saturday night AND the forecast is for 1-3 inches of snow. Nevermind that it was about 80 this past weekend.

10. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Update:
    The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch for Saturday for southern Wisconsin, running from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the Madison area.

Widespread snow totals of 5 to 7 inches are expected, with a very narrow band of higher amounts possible, accompanied by winds gusting as high as 35 miles per hour, meaning “travel could be very difficult,” the Weather Service said.

Article

11. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently it was cold and a bit snowy and they still got 4400+ for the opener

12. Kevin Alexander

May 27, 2004
    America's Dairyland
    3800 ish for this past Saturday's game as well. I think Wilt has the perfect recipe for success in Madison;
    *A central stadium a LOT of the city/near-in suburbs can get to without driving-and one perfectly sized for this league.
    *A revitalized core of restaurants/bars nearby. Tons of options within walking distance.
    *Forward Madison has done a great job of getting buy in from local area youth clubs, and has made it really easy for them to have "club nights" as fundraisers.
    *At the same time, they recognize that relying solely on families is a poor strategy, and have also embraced supporter culture.
    *The season compliments UW sports instead of competing with them.

13. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus, Peter recognizes that ticket sales don't just happen to you, you make them happen. They don't sit back and wait for people to show up

14. Kevin Alexander

May 27, 2004
    America's Dairyland
    Exactly! He and his team have been doing a great job of building interest for about a year now.