Former YNT "Catching up..." Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes current YNT players are also former YNT players:

2. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a Carlos Martinez is listed on the roster of the Ventura County Fusion. I can't confirm that it's the same guy as the YNT / Cottbus / Sac Republic guy, but he's listed with the exact same height/weight as his Sac Republic profile.

Eder Arreola is also on the team.

Werdman89 and mike4066 repped this.
  3. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Yes, same guy.

4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    As has been talked about in the college forum in the past months...........................Andrew Oliver, once described as "next Landon Donovan," has fallen off of the map. [He has for a while, but now he's not even playing NCAA ball.]

http://www.elkharttruth.com/sports/...7/Soccer-Hoosiers-springing-back-to-life.html

The options are more plentiful on offense, where forward remains a question mark, especially in the absence of Andrew Oliver, who is not currently enrolled at IU.

“He’s not in school right now,” Yeagley said. “He’s taking care of some academic items. His future is still to be determined at this point in regards to IU with school and soccer.

“Andrew knows what he needs to do to be a part of the program again, and we’ll put a plan in place. We’re going to try and help him. Bottom line, we’re trying to help him get his degree and that’s what he came here to do. We’ll be behind him 100 percent to do that.”

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    My favorite example is Jordan Stone. Pretty good player.

http://www.idcmckinney.com/staff/jordan-stone/

Jordan played for us at the 2003 U20 World Cup, and within a year and a half had retired to become a student minister. He retired when he was 20...........................

6. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
  7. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Lletget's goal last night against Columbus was a thing of beauty.

8. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just surprised that he exists.

9. Peter Bonetti

Peter Bonetti Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    1970 WC Quarterfinal
    USvsIRELAND repped this.
  10. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oveki8 repped this.
  11. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gale Agbossoumonde and Freddy Adu both came off the bench for Tampa Bay last night. Word is that David Arvizu and Felix Garcia were unavailable.

JG and mike4066 repped this.
  12. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    At halftime, did they honor hometown hero Gus Kartes?

HartwickFan and JG repped this.
  13. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    They were all off partying with Bryce Wegerle.

HartwickFan and Hararea repped this.
  14. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  15. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marco Delgado, Paul Arriola inserting themselves into the line-ups of their respective clubs (great) post u20 WC 2015

Tommy T not doing so well, @ussoccer97531 you mind doing an updated list at all?

16. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Those guys are still YNT-eligible! Let's not put them out to pasture, I mean into this thread, just yet. ;)

Here's Steve Purdy, who is helping coach a JuCo team:

Professional soccer player Steve Purdy, who has played with Chivas USA and the El Salvador national team, has taken the defensive coaching reigns and Espinoza says Purdy has already made a drastic impact.

Gavilan held an inter-squad scrimmage on Monday and pitted its defense against the offense. At one point there were only six defenders guarding nine offensive players and even with the lopsided squads, the defense didn’t allow a goal.​

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/sport...cle_8a6a31ea-42ca-11e5-a03b-93e2f892a041.html

17. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Updated list of what? I'd make it though, just don't know what list I am making.

18. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of an update of all u20 WC members status post WC, I think you made it in another thread??

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  19. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Oh, that. Yeah, I can make it.

20. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He made the team!

21. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I don't know if he's match-fit, but it would be hard to argue that Nate Jaqua hasn't kept fit:

[​IMG]

Professional soccer is not the usual formula for success in the world of ultrarunning.For Portlander Nate Jaqua, however, it proved to be just right for winning the 6th annual Pine To Palm 100-mile race yesterday.Pine To Palm begins in Williams and ends 100.5 miles later in Ashland. In between, the course covers 20,000 feet each of climbing and descending, including the summits of Dutchman Peak and Wagner Butte.
    http://www.dailytidings.com/article/20150914/NEWS/150919929/101065/SPORTS

Winoman and Hararea repped this.
  22. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    #97 Dave Marino-Nachison, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    Fafa Picault ('91 with one callup during his U20 cycle, and a senior callup but no minutes for Haiti) got his first league appearance, and assist, for St. Pauli in the B2. The 91/92 U20 group currently has what I think are 10 total guys, including guys playing up, with MNT caps, though I wouldn't be surprised to see a few others join that list soon. Maybe Fafa sneaks into the conversation if he keeps playing.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Winoman and mike4066 repped this.
  24. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never heard of him

soccersubjectively and deejay repped this.
  25. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Johann Smith! After signing with Edmonton of the NASL, had a productive season (22 starts, 2 goals, 4 assists) while listed as a defender on a competitive team. He has a contract with the Eddies for next year.

http://www.fcedmonton.com/roster/johann-smith

[​IMG]

Where is home for you in the offseason?

JS: This off-season I will be staying in Los Angles, and might travel to one or two other places.

You re-signed a contract to stay in Edmonton, what were some factors in that decision?

JS: I'm happy to have re-signed here in Edmonton. One of factors involved in the decision was the detail of stability and security. I have settled into the city, club, and league. Now it's time to build on that.

Another huge factor was the group of players we have here at the club. These are not only my teammates but my good friends. That goes a long way in making a team in any sport successful.
    http://www.fcedmonton.com/news/2015/11/04/final-thoughts-with-johann-smith

USvsIRELAND and mike4066 repped this.