Former Rapids - where are they now? (part 2)

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by chilistrider, Jan 14, 2008.

1. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heart issues strike another one of our favorites. Moor is such a class act. I hope the doctors can figure out the issue and he can be back on the pitch soon. Scary situation that you just have to take one day at a time.

fortcollins, COMtnGuy, jayd8888 and 3 others repped this.
  2. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Former Rapid Mike Petke starts out his coaching career at RSL with back to back wins, although the second one was against a USL level team ...

3. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steward Ceus is playing for the NASL San Francisco Deltas. (Colorado native Todd Dunivant is their Director of Soccer Operations.)

kucsdat, Stuart95 and JasonMa repped this.
  4. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    jayd8888 repped this.
  5. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Soaker888 repped this.
  6. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Cone sighting with Fox Sports coverage of the featured (Fox Network) Bundesliga match today where Hollywood FC (Munich) clinched the hubcap (league trophy) -- not at all surprised that he just sat there in one spot. Actually did okay with a little commentary on the match. No (further) spoiler but the scoreline may have predictive of the match I'm now watching.

7. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In better news from last night, Koz was back in Colorado: 1.jpg

COMtnGuy, JasonMa, Totoro and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kucsdat, JasonMa and jayd8888 repped this.
  9. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shane O'Neill captained his NAC Breda side to a 2-2 draw in the 1st leg of Dutch promotion playoffs at FC Volendam. Two big road goals for NAC. Hopefully, that plays into their hands going back to Breda. The winner moves on the next round which sees the winner promoted to the Eredivisie. The Dutch playoffs are a little weird in how they are constructed but nonetheless NAC has a legit chance at promotion. Most people would love to see NAC knock out FC Volendam. FCV has some a very nasty, vocal, and sometime violent ultra group so many are happy to see them stay out of the Eredisivie.

kucsdat, Stuart95, Rod1916 and 3 others repped this.
  10. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Wow exciting. Good for Shane.

11. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shane was captain again as NAC knocked off FC Volendam 2-0 (4-2 aggregate) in the Promotion Playoffs yesterday. Shane as usual went the full 90 and picked up a 58th minute yellow --- which does not carry over to the final round. NAC will now face NEC and the winner will back in the Eredivisie next season. Great matchup of two clubs that have historically been mid-table Eredivisie clubs.

Shane is still on loan to NAC so one has to figure promotion or not he has earned himself a full transfer to NAC. He has been outstanding from all accounts and has really been the boss of the strong NAC defense.

SccrDon, kucsdat, COMtnGuy and 2 others repped this.
  12. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shane and his boys rolled out a tough 1-0 win Thursday at home over Eredivisie side NEC in first leg of the playoffs with the winner staying or promoted to the Eredivisie. NEC had a NAC on their heels all night long and somehow Shane and his back line stood tall. From all reports Shane was phenomenal. NAC were really outplayed and quite lucky in that VAR was used to overturn a red card. Nonetheless NAC travel to NEC on Sunday in a winner takes all match. This is a huge huge huge amounts for Shane. It's a match that could determine his future with NAC

jayd8888, JasonMa and Stuart95 repped this.
  13. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.bndestem.nl/nac/roadtrip-op-het-oude-continent-met-breda-als-tussenstop~a112211a/

Rough translation:
    Road trip on the old continent with Breda as a stopover
    BREDA - American Irish Shane O'Neill is one of the pillars in the defense of NAC. The club hopes to promote tomorrow to the honors division.

Relaxing, easy going. Stress does not know Shane O'Neill, 23. Half an hour before the final, he strikes something for five with a backpack along the main entrance of the stadium. "Today is the day." He points to the sun, "perfect." And then ask if everything is okay. O'Neill not only looks relaxed, he is. "For this I came to Europe to play such kinds of matches in such an ambiance. I am ready, yes I am. "

Three days earlier, monday afternoon. An unknown benefactor earns national fame when playing with a cheerful car for sinterklaas at the training complex in Zundert. O'Neill likes it and, unlike many of his teammates, has little eye for the Lamborghini. Rather, he talks about NAC's steady rise. "Dessers is high level (high level) and Agyepong has best kept last. The midfield is good and the back is strong. The way we dictated the duel with Volendam confirms the good feeling. Everything is at the right time together. Let NEC come. Yeah man ... "

Peace and love
    The defender is showing wars of appearance. Short pants just over the knees, a slobber shirt that hangs around his body. Give O'Neill a backpack, put him on some sunglasses and you could hit him in the most remote places in the world. Born in Ireland, raised in the United States. Fifty fifty. "My whole family, uncle, aunts, grandpa and grandmother, lives in Ireland. Only my parents and brother live in Colorado. "A progressive state where the use of cannabis was legalized in 2014." We have coffee shops, just like here in The Netherlands. But I've never smoked a joint, no, joh ... Ben I also do not plan. That would never be my mother, I'm out of a sporting family. I used to fight football, football just came later. "

President Donald Trump should not have anything in Colorado, appeared during last year's US elections. Three days before NAC - NEC he falls back steadily when Trump comes across. ,, It was a big shock. I was surprised, still actually. "His eyes grow bigger, the eyebrows go up and the frown on the forehead becomes visible." As a child I lived in a bubble. I'm from Boulder, a small town. Everybody knows Peace and love, a hippie community. " The tough defender, in the absence of Robbie Haemhouts, even leader, can hardly understand the choice of the people for a right-hand rider like Trump. ,, Trump? Pfff ... Crazy man, that's it for us. "

Crying out
    On the other side of the world, where it's six o'clock earlier, its parents go through a stream on the internet as well as it's possible to perform their crooks. "Europe was always a dream for me. That's why I went to Limassol in 2015. "The Cypriots, where he has a contract until mid 2018, lent him out of Mouscron and Cambridge for a third time. Whether he is playing Breda next season, he does not know. ,,No idea. I would like to stay, but have a one year commitment in Cyprus. Everything is possible in life, so I see. First beat NEC. Eredivisie with NAC? Why not."

Thursday evening half past nine, just after the 1-0 win at NEC. O'Neill, with the strap firmly around the arm, enters the catacombs and passes the gathered press to the dressing room. "One more game guys." Another game, another match, he screams for the troops. A popular saying of an American backpacker who takes life as it happens. At NAC he lives his European Dream with a backpack on that During his road trip on the old continent becomes increasingly full.

kucsdat, Stuart95 and Totoro repped this.
  14. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Thanks for the article! I'm glad he's finally playing and enjoying himself. Being in the promotion playoffs is icing on the cake.

15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NAC went on the road and won 4-1 today, to win the series and promotion by a score of 5-1.

jayd8888, kucsdat, Totoro and 4 others repped this.
  16. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Wow! Congratulations to them and Shane. I can't wait for @m vann 's report.

17. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone need their Koz fix?
    869003767328292864 is not a valid tweet id

unkiemark, m vann, fortcollins and 2 others repped this.
  18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UxSxAxfooty and kucsdat repped this.
  20. kucsdat

kucsdat Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Who can forget Zizi's corner kicks ...

21. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zach Pfeffer has officially retired

kucsdat, fortcollins and COMtnGuy repped this.
  22. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well he only cost us the 2nd pick in the 2016 draft, another shrewd RFO move ;)

22SteveD, JasonMa and UxSxAxfooty repped this.
  23. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On that note, Solignac popped in his 3rd goal of the year this weekend to go along with 3 assists.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  24. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We did get allocation money, which we presumably spent on one or more of Howard, Gashi, or JJ but yeah. Not a great move. Not when we could have Brandon Vincent starting instead of Williams/Miller.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  25. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hunter Freeman playing for Miami FC in their Open Cup game against Orlando FC

fortcollins repped this.