Former Battery Players

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mister Obvious, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a former player but former Charleston Battery coach, Chris Ramsey is the interim coach for EPL side Queen's Park Rangers a lead QPR to a 2-0 victory over Sunderland today

Getting good reviews as well!

goindownsouth repped this.
  2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris gets a 3 year deal with QPR....fans seem to be split, a lot of them wanted "someone with more experience". Fair enough, but why don't you get some better players, that's the real reason you dropped. Jesus Christ himself couldn't have kept their current squad in the EPL.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/chris-ramsey-appointed-qpr-head-coach-2018-2461411.aspx

Heard a brief rumor in the stands, when folks were chatting about WBA coming this summer that QPR was also. Maybe just a wish but wondered if anyone has heard anything....would make sense now that Chris is calling the shots.

goindownsouth and Mikey mouse repped this.
  4. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hadn't heard about QPR but it would be good to see Ramsey!

5. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't hear anything and I asked...

6. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was 1 of our Brit fans that said it....I asked him again on Wednesday and he said the TV announcers mentioned it during the Chelsea v QPR match. I watched that match and I didn't hear them say that. I think what happened is the announcers said something about Chris and Charleston in the same sentence and they somehow turned that into he was coming to Charleston this summer. Another alcohol related accident me thinks.....

Mikey mouse and Mister Obvious repped this.
  7. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ian Fuller was sitting up near us scouting the match last night for Orlando.

goindownsouth and Mikey mouse repped this.
  8. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw him getting his ticket from Will Call and spoke to him briefly. I have have Shea on my Fantasy team and gave him some grief about his Red Card last week and told him I was pissed. Said I wasn't the only one that was pissed!

9. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to finally put my unfounded rumor to bed, QPR is going to Italy for preseason.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-2015-pre-season-fixtures-2472822.aspx

10. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I asked again, just for good measure...

11. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am I in the minority here, casually following Sounders FC with Ozzie doing so well there? If only Union would be worth anything. Talk about a miserable club...

12. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mikey mouse and goindownsouth repped this.
  13. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And just like that, he has been sacked...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34728650

14. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That is a shame. One would have hoped they would have given him more time to stem the tide. Apparently not.

15. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their fans are typical of fans (and owners) everywhere....impatient. When he took over in February to try and keep them in the EPL, he inherited a train wreck of a squad both in quality and attitude. Jesus Christ and all his disciples couldn't have kept that bunch from dropping. He got rid of a lot of the high priced deadwood and everyone thought their star striker Charlie Austin and talented young midfielder Matty Phillips would be sold to other EPL teams but they couldn't get the money they wanted. They started this season scoring goals in buckets but also leaking them. Now, they've tightened up the defense but the offense has dried up. Yes, the manager owns performance but players still have to play and Chris still has mid-table Championship talent at best. If they get relegated with Austin and Phillips but have minimal upgrades elsewhere, they are not going to zoom straight back up to the EPL. Relegated teams rarely go straight back up the next season. I wouldn't surprised to see him go back to Tottenham in some capacity, he ran their academy before coming to QPR.

msilverstein47 and goindownsouth repped this.
  16. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lamar Neagle leaves Seattle and joins DCU for the 2016 season. Excellent signing with his versatility, speed, goal scoring ability and personality.

http://www.dcunited.com/post/2015/12/09/lamar-neagle-dc-uniteds-newest-signing
    http://www.soundersfc.com/post/2015/12/07/more-opportunities-open-lamar-neagle-move-dc-united

Mike Azira is also leaving Seattle and is now in Colorado via the re-entry draft process. Although not getting as much time as Neagle, he did fill in nicely for Ozzie during his (many) injury stints this year. And there were some rumblings after Seattle exited the playoffs that Ozzie's future at Seattle is not a foregone conclusion. His age and injury history might be catching up with him......and playing on that shit surface in Seattle hasn't helped any although I think I remember reading its due for replacement early in 2016.

http://www.soundersfc.com/post/2015...idfielder-micheal-azira-lands-colorado-rapids

17. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, here's a link that tracks off-season MLS transactions...if anything happens with any of our 2015 players who might be on trial, we'll probably see it here first. I haven't seen/heard anything about the 3 who recently trialed with Houston.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/transactions/2016

18. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I wondered if Dos Santos would bring some of his Ottawa Fury ex-Battery players to KC, maybe no to that wonder but they probably gave Dos Santos the low down on Kelly. Damn those Chatty-Cathy ex-players :(

Mikey mouse repped this.
  20. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    was thinking the same thing!

Also saw Ian Fuller was fired yesterday pretty expectantly from Orlando City FC.

21. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mikey mouse repped this.
  22. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had the job right but not the club.....QPR appoints Ramsey the head of their academy. Probably makes sense to put him to work for you since you had to pay him the remainder of his terminated manager contract anyway.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/chris-ramsey-appointed-technical-director-2885015.aspx

24. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston