Former Barca Players II - from Assulin to Zambrotta

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, May 21, 2012.

1. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly Onana put the kibosh on following in Jasper Cillessen's footsteps and going from Ajax #1 to Barca #2, so we may have to look elsewhere if in fact we do let Jasper go in the summer (and can get some nice cash if we do so). Jasper can't go anywhere this season as we need insurance in case of ter Stegen injury and we are not going to buy it in January unless someone offers at least twice what we paid for Jasper (but in the summer we can let him go for just 150% I think).

2. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

Translation: I have found this memory of which was one of the most beautiful stages of my life. Two incredible years in the farmhouse with companions who shared the same dream #PasionPorElDeporte. How many players do you recognize? #vintageBarça - Puyol (the real one)

ShortyMac repped this.
  3. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi in the middle, Xavi to Puyol's right? couple others look somewhat familiar...

4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i think that's Luis Garcia in the black, white and orange stripes.

unclesox repped this.
  5. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    not official yet, but looks like Fabregas will be joining Henry at Monaco in their attempts to avoid relegation. Monaco are currently second last in Ligue-1!

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Cesc said goodbye to the Chelsea players and fans today ...

I'd have him back here ahead of Rabiot ( and the Croatian I'm not allowed to mention)

7. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    going to quote a couple of people from the comments :

"This is not racist. It’s tradition. Go google king Balthazar. If there wasn’t someone dressed up as, posing as or impersonating King Balthazar who was black by the way... you’d be instead saying ‘he’s racist whys he keeping the black man out of it’ - too much time on your hands to be throwing the racism card around & commenting on something you’re uneducated on. Facts."

"educate yourself mate. This is a part of Spanish tradition and something very big in Spain. There were 2 white kings and 1 black. The black face isn’t an attempt of being racist or disrespectful. It’s about accurately representing the historic and biblical tradition which is done by millions of Spanish."

I understand that you are from the US and people from there like shouting racism on anything involving black people but please don't be that disrespectful towards Iniesta , calling him stupid is just ...

9. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    growing up in Peru I even recall xmas carol with the line...

Llegaron ya los reyes y eran 3
    Melchor gaspar y el negro baltazar
    Arropa y miel le llevaran
    Y un poncho blanco de alpaca real

El negro Baltazar is something i grew up with and I gather that tradition is even stronger in Spain. While there is undoubtedly racism everywhere I do think this is not the intention but rather an interpretation of the 3 kings...

10. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Munir leaving no later than June 30th, here's a summary of many of the La Masia forwards we've tried to integrate into the first team, actually it ignores Jeffren and possibly others, as well as some who never even got more than a cameo appearance with the first team (like Dongou and Adama Traore and Jonathan Soriano). https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2019/01/08/5c34edc046163f7b5b8b4635.html

I also found this, similar article but covering all positions, where are the best La Masia talents now is the theme: https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2018/09/18/5ba0c5ff22601d192c8b4623.html

unclesox repped this.
  11. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    ShortyMac repped this.
  12. [​IMG]
    © BSR/SOCCRATES , BSR Agency
    ‘Ik zei tegen de jongens: lever een wedstrijd af waar ze nog jaren over praten’

I told the boys: deliver a match they will talk about for many years coming

[​IMG]
    Robin Van Persie met de 3-2. © Getty Images
    upload_2019-1-28_0-45-19.png

evil_allan repped this.
  13. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Titi Henry sacked after a very brief time in charge of Monaco. Seemed fast by Monaco, but maybe Titi not ready to coach a struggling team, and surely Monaco needs to right the boat before they cruise to relegation. Still weird though.

14. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Disgraceful debut from Barca's Denis Suarez . He came on as a second half sub but after losing possession about three times in two minutes he showed no desire to press the ball or even try and get the ball back . He was jogging around when all his teammates were sweating blood . Don't see him starting for quite a while after this showing

15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014

16. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Former Barca player cluster f#$k, LA Galaxy had to waive Gio dos Santos (while still owing him $6M / season) as they have Zlatan, Jonathan dos Santos, and another designated player, and 3 is the limit.

ShortyMac repped this.
  17. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate when we loan players we want to sell and there is no mandatory buy, or no enforceable mandatory buy. Weird thing is that we will do best in Gomes situation (no buy out at all) instead of Rafinha (Inter supposed to buy him once they made CL) or Denis (Arsenal paid his wages plus a fee to loan him but buy is for 20M and they won't exercise...

18. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

ShortyMac repped this.
  19. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ShortyMac repped this.
  20. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And in both cases we are considering spending big to replace the departed Paco (with Jovic 50-65M or Maxi Gomez 25M IF relegated, or...) and Digne (maybe a Bosman signing given that Alba is the man, but also mentions of Lyon's Ferland Mendy or Leicester's Ben Chilwell who would both cost well over 30M).

That said, we are a club which generally let's back ups who long for a transfer go, and we did at least make money on Digne, though we lost money on Paco.

22. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    sweet finish from Deulofeu in the FA cup semi-final vs Watford!

23. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the first one, the spin is great; now he has scored a 2nd in extra time

24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Watford went through to the final 3:2 after being 2:0 down with 11 minutes left to play !

He scored the crucial first goal AND the winner ..

ShortyMac repped this.
  25. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done, Deulofeu. Best of luck in the final.

Gilmango repped this.