Formations Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Umar, May 10, 2010.

1. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Hah, I didnt mean any specific game tbh, I meant a lame ass performance like the one we put out against Sporting last season away, that was painful to watch. Mourinho likes tossing his CB's upfront for the last couple of minutes if he needs a result, and more than not he does get his result, so I guess there wont be any bore draws this season.

2. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    The same Marca that said there's a good possibility Gago would be sold in the next couple of days? :D

3. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yep we are letting go of 3 DMF's according to Marca.

4. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMHO Arbeloa is pretty damn good as a RB.

5. Breakfast

Breakfast Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree with you. He may not be as aggressive going forward but he's very capable when defending.

6. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I second that.

7. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    He would start for a lot of good teams at that position... Liverpool's biggest mistake was selling him back to us for a penance (we ended up spending less than 2 million Euros net to get him back) and then spending a fortune on Glen Johnson who is at best on par with Arbeloa. I would have no issue with Arbeloa starting the entire season at RB, he played really well there last season and even scored some nifty goals.

8. Realmadrid43v3r

Jul 20, 2009
    Virginia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I just hope Arbeloa will get some LB playing time once the defenders are back.

9. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    My only question is whether Ronaldo stays on the left and Ozil goes on the right or vice versa.

Some posters including myself had already pointed out that Ozil could end up playing in the front 3 and may not even compete with VDV/Canales for the deeper AM position

10. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Apparently Mou used the same lineup today with two changes: Lass in for Arbeloa at right back and Khedira in for Gago alongside Xabi Alonso.

The right back position is a question because of the injuries to central defenders. But it looks like he is still no sold on a pairing in the midfield.

11. Joten

Joten New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    What formation would we be using if Drogba came? Who would sit and who would play along side him? I know it may not be likely, but I just can't see what's going through Mourinho's mind when we already have Higuain and a decent striker in Benzema.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Higuain on the pitch, Benzema first substitution, Drogba on the congas and steel drums. A disgrace really.

13. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Bumped since @WhiteBlood couldn't be bothered to make a formations thread this season (or the last).

@janos audron has suggested this:
    [​IMG]
    I'd like to see it.

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You know shit has hit the fan when this thread gets bumped up mid season.

I'm not a fan of Isco and James in the same team. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Replace him with Modric of Kovacic, and I'm game for it.

Ahmadi8, Anon. and CR7PT repped this.
  15. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    How bout that Silva ha? Doesn't he miss Spain and all? :D Aaaaaaaaaaaah, the good 'ol days.

temesgen, natenate101 and libertao repped this.