Forlan verdict so far?

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by foxfang, Sep 18, 2011.

1. foxfang

foxfang Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Now Toronto
    Hi guys, I just wanted to throw my 2 cents.
    I personally am floored at how well and quickly Diego has adapted to Serie A. Except for Sneijder's inspired end to the game, Diego was on the mark all of the time.

Exceptional passing, vision. The way he creates space for his own shot or key pass is magnificent too. He seems to be gelling better with Milito as the games go on.

I shouldn't be surprised. I mean, he's basically an all time legend now for having won the Best Player of the FIFA World Cup award (with a Maradona like performance), but it's amazing considering Diego struggled last year with Atletico and had an ok Copa America. He's at the top of his game.

Your thoughts?

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Top of his game? Forlan has been average at best since arriving at Inter. Its a shame really cause i love the guy, but its clear he's on the decline. There were some bad decisions made by Inter this summer, so far this is looking to be one as well

3. foxfang

foxfang Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Now Toronto
    Oh I really disagree man. He was the best player on the pitch yesterday other than Sneijder's last 10 mins. Created 4 chances on his own and was in general making the team (which is very mediocre btw) play much better than they should have been playing .

4. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Excellent player in a mediocre team that's why you don't see him too much...

5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Inter has a good team, they just have a bad coach

6. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Awful purchase in my opinion. Inter was so smart in how they transitioned and profited in switching from Ibra to Et'o. I had expected them to cash out and execute a similar maneuver, but it seems they are sleeping and not really planning as well. The void left by Mourinho's departure simply isn't filled and seems to affect everything from players to transfer strategies. Forlan is a late bloomer who's at the end of his career. Why the heck did they buy him? They won't even be able to sell him in a few years and make a profit. And like all players that come from Spain to Italy you will see him score significantly less goals in Serie A than in the Liga.

7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    looks like everyone disagrees with you...

8. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    More than anything, they have a bad managment, Moratti is loaded but is an idiot, if you throw mud to the coach you have chosen after only one game and make him change tactic, you're an idiot.
    Gasperini has coached all his life with a 3-4-3, Inter has played these last years with a 4-4-2, so either you don't get this coach or the team has to adapt, the coach is not going to give you any result if he has to make the team play in a way he doesn't believe.

9. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    P.s. I don't believe Etoo left only for money for a second, I think he saw the tsunami of s**t coming too...

10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    oh i know that too

11. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too early for a verdict, his only played 2 games
    heck I remember when folks gave a negative verdict on Eto'o after only 10 games(in which he showed very little) only to be sadly mistaken

Forlan is a quality player, I don't expect him to replace Eto'o because they're different players but I still expect him to improve as he gets acquainted with the team
    same with Zarate, Poli

now the whole money-transfers issue, obviously some folks here don't read up on the Financial Fair Play
    even though it's implementation is not until 2013, the 2 preceding seasons are monitoring periods in which clubs have to report
    Yes Moratti has invested heavily in this club since his taking over but with the new rules there has been and will be restructuring of contracts, wages, transfer spending etc.to get rid of losses
    since owners use to be able to absorb all of the debt, soon owners will only be able to absorb 45 mill, then 30 mill and so on
    basically the club has to break even and invest wisely(Eto' for 25+, Forlan for 5+, 20 mill spread) and on youth(Poli(loan), Kucka(rights),Castaignos,Obi, Primavera side, Frog, Zarate(loan))
    Moratti along with other top club owners don't want to absorb the debt anymore

12. foxfang

foxfang Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Now Toronto
    lol, you mean 2 guys on a forum? I love coming to forums to check out different opinions. This is the first forum in 5 (including the official italian forum) where there is some negativity about him. Check them out yourselves, the general verdict is that he's killing it , and even more amazingly in such short time. Even Ibra had to settle in for many games, Cavani for years.

:D

13. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sure you can say that he played well in the last 2 games, but to say he has adapted or that his killing it based on 2 games is too much and rather pointless

come back before mid season then judge him

14. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hasn't everyone seen this coming since Mourinho left? Like Moggi wisely said...Inter will need a new Calciopoli to win again.

15. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bingo! :cool: This post sums it up. It's too early to judge any of the signings, specially Forlán.

16. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    He's killing it? C'mon man... No one's said that. Too early to give him a fair verdict at this point but he definitely isn't "killing it."

17. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Well against Novara he was used out wide left where he was isolated, so it was I think, as it is for the rest of the team, unfair to judge him on games under Gasperini.

Today he was a lot more central playing a little behind Pazzini as the second forward.. and he excelled for the most part. He showed a couple of good turns which led to good opportunities. I think he will do good here, at least there are early signs, but let's wait a bit before we judge if he is a good fit or not.

Forza Nerazurri!!

18. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    monte, before any juve start coming and replying, those type of post are better off ignored in order to not derail the thread
    yes its really easy to make a snappy comeback but often things get out of hand, if what they said really bothered you then there are threads to discuss such topics and or personal messages
    in extreme cases just report it

19. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and they are rightfully put in place and from now on penalized if not warned

20. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you guys should request a mod we did that and we got a nice moderator that keeps things from going astray.

21. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we dont get that much traffic here and we usually can deal with folks on our own, if we get tons of numbers over here though we might need one but I dont see that happening in the near future

btw forlan, not so great today
    I really want to see him click towards the start of Nov since he is one of the few who will not be fatigued from playing every 3-4 days starting up on Oct 15

22. daveFC

daveFC Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Audubon New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kinda thought Samora was ( The Mod )???:D

23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Forlan has been crap. worst purchase for Inter after Ricky Alvarez

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he should request it i dont think its that hard "il capo Samora"

25. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can tell you've been around, some old folks display their scoots in an annual show down here,
    Hopefully thats what you're referring too:eek:
    Ranieri after the game:
    "I expected more from Alvarez. He's good, he has quality but he still plays an Argentine game; he gets the ball and he goes backwards, while we have to go forward. He has to take on the responsibility to do it. He can still put plenty of work into it because he's an intelligent lad. Is Forlan too timid for our football? I still have to get to know all of them well. Perhaps he wanted to do a lot and do it well, but I don't believe there's room for discussion; he's an incredible champion."
    xD
    rep