foreign players in K league

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by Kor_Ita_21, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Kor_Ita_21

Kor_Ita_21 Member

Aug 17, 2004
    First allow me to confess that I'm not familiar with the K league.

I'm just wondering, do the coaches in K-league play the absolute best 11 every time, or is there a preference to start Korean players over foreign players for whatever reasons (desire to nurture Korean players, nationalism, etc...). I'm only asking because i've always wondered why Jeonbuk, in last years FIFA club tournament didn't start that brazilian guy who seemed to be one of the better players in the team agains Club America.

2. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm pretty sure that's not the case - maybe that Brazillan guy was injured or something for that match, but the clubs bring in foreign players to bolster their squad, and there's no reason to just waste them on the bench for any other reason. If they wanted to do that they could've just not bring any foreign players at first place.

3. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.

not sure if your talking about botti? maybe cause he was gonna go to a vissel in j-league?

4. Kor_Ita_21

Kor_Ita_21 Member

Aug 17, 2004
    I forget now. I think either him or ze carlos. But as soon as they were substituted in they made a tremendous impact on offense. That's why i was confused.

5. inobino

inobino Red Card

Mar 13, 2007
    Behind You
    Ya that Ze Carlo dude won the AFC Champions League for Jeonbuk Last Year lmao