Foreign Offices of Juventus

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by EvanJ, Mar 28, 2018.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in a suburb of New York City. In a shopping center 4 miles away from me, there is a place that says Juventus but is closed. I don't know what was in it when it was open. Does anybody know what it was and how many of these Juventus has around the world?

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it affiliated with the club? Does it have official club badge/font/etc used? I've never heard of anything like that. I know that they've thought about opening an office to spearhead efforts into North America, etc. They were looking at some office space in Manhattan.

I know that Juve has an academy set up in NJ, from there they do outreach clinics and camps in the Metro-NY area including out on Long Island.

http://www.juventusacademy.us/training_centers/sparta/

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if it was affiliated, but it did use the official badge. It did not use the same J as in what you linked to. Hypothetically, somebody not affiliated could have tried to get away with illegally using the badge and hoping Juventus wouldn't find out what happened so far away from Italy.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The new logo is used on everything official so if it's the older one it's probably something that's not officially related to the club.

I've seen restaurants/pizzeria's in other countries call themselves Juventus with the logo, colors, etc. Not sure how well it would fly in the US, but I do remember a restaurant in Queens (near Queens Blvd.) that fancied itself Boca Juniors and they used Boca's logo as well.

I don't know if you're on the Island or not, but apparently there's a Juventus Pizza in Deer Park.

5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When did the logo change? The place I saw could have closed before the logo changed. I'm on Long Island, but not near Deer Park.

6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Could be a supporters club. Group that gets together for games. Make sure it is not Mafia related.

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The new logo went into effect this season. Being out on the Island, I highly doubt that it's related to Juve.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would be an un-official one. There's an official NYC Supporters club, but they meet in Manhattan.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You know how Italians can be. The official moniker is not important. As long as they have a place to play scopa, tressette or briscola.

10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's closed.

11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I passed it again. It says "Juventus soccer club." There are club names used in many countries, but I don't know what laws there are about logos. It's possible this club was illegally using Juventus's old logo without a connection.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like it was just someone using the Juve name/logo. Juve's official name is Juventus Football Club SpA.