For the day that's in it.

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Ash II, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    It would appear to me that you spend waaaaay too much time worrying about what other fans do or don't do.

Still waiting for the Rule Book, by the way......

2. NY Hoop

NY Hoop Member

Shamrock Rovers
    Jun 3, 2003
    Dublin
    Club:
    Shamrock Rovers
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Keep waiting. Just pointing out the truth. Its not the case in many countries by the way.

KOH

3. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So you support no one?

4. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Strange the things that keep some people awake at night.

So you spend endless hours pissing and moaning about people you've never met, whose behavior you can't change while providing no solutions except more pissing and moaning? (All from a barstool, I would presume). :rolleyes:

As I say, strange the things that keep some people awake at night.

5. Ash II

Ash II New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    In a madhouse
    Ahem, anyway, are we all in agreement that 6 June 1988 was a great day.

6. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If you cheered on that goal you are a traitor as Ray Houghton played in a foreign league.

7. Ash II

Ash II New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    In a madhouse
    And Scottish born on top of that.

8. NY Hoop

NY Hoop Member

Shamrock Rovers
    Jun 3, 2003
    Dublin
    Club:
    Shamrock Rovers
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    12 June 1988 was indeed a great day.

Last few comments are childish rubbish which take away from a potential reasonable debate.

KOH

9. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    LOL!!!!!!!!

Will you be in Dalyer next week cheering on the representatives of THE only league that matters in the CL?

10. NY Hoop

NY Hoop Member

Shamrock Rovers
    Jun 3, 2003
    Dublin
    Club:
    Shamrock Rovers
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    No but it is our league and it matters to us real fans here.

KOH

11. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Tell me, when you go about hanging yourself from the cross in your fabulous martyrdom for Barstoolers United, how do you manage to insert that 3rd and last nail?

I can understand the first one, that's easy. One foot over the other and bang away. That's one. The second is a little tougher when you have to hammer in across your body. But anyway right hand hammers in the nail on the left hand. That's two. Now how do you manage to get the 3rd one in? Do other members of Barstoolers United, sitting at the foot of your cross in awe of your sacrifice get a ladder? It's always the 3rd nail isn't it? Always the 3rd.

'It matters to us real fans here'?

Because everyone else is not a real fan because you've decided who is and isn't. Did it ever occur to you that fans like you and elitist, exclusionary attitudes like yours are a huge part of the problem?

I've been to nearly every LOI ground, might have missed a few here and there, and hit just about every international home and away for almost 30+ years - missed a few recently, and I have to say that attitudes and barstoolers like this are an absolute blight on the Irish game. Complete.

Nothing's ever good enough. If you've been to Finn Harps' last 12 away games, then you're only a bandwaggoner because you weren't at the 13th. If you go to Portugal for a qualifier, you're only a poseur and bandwaggoner because you didn't go to the arse end of Latvia for the friendly in early June. Nothing is ever good enough for these self-appointed arbiters of fandom.

It's all about scoring points and excluding those who don't live up to their anorak standards. I've heard barstoolers not accept weddings, funerals and hospital as reasons for absences. As if a real fan must prove himself by going to every game and the minute you miss one, then you're automatically a bandwaggoner and poseur.

And I do take delight in calling these 'fans' barstoolers, because that's what they call those who don't match up to their standards. And this pissing, whining and moaning is always done sitting on a barstool surrounded by sometimes hundreds of fans who are all obviously bandwaggoners and poseurs. It's all they can do to drive away everyone who is not them. That's their sole raison d'etre. Exclude, marginalize and exclude, exclude, exclude.

As I say, a complete fucking blight on the game.

12. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Post of the decade!!!

I'm a season ticket holder at DUFC. I've been to every home int since 1980. I've been to a few away games but they are expensive and I only choose ones were I know I'll have a good time (switzerland excepted). And yet I get grief for supporting Liverpool? :confused:

13. NY Hoop

NY Hoop Member

Shamrock Rovers
    Jun 3, 2003
    Dublin
    Club:
    Shamrock Rovers
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Jeez girls calm down. As long as you support an Irish club first you can support rangers as your second club for all I care.

Obviously you 2 loons are real fans:D

KOH

14. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    And what does all of this have to do with Razor's goal?

15. Ash II

Ash II New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    In a madhouse
    I've been wondering that for the last few weeks!

16. NY Hoop

NY Hoop Member

Shamrock Rovers
    Jun 3, 2003
    Dublin
    Club:
    Shamrock Rovers
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Same here!:D

KOH