Alert: Football Manager 2013 Announced

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by profiled, Sep 6, 2012.

1. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Press Release

2. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So now that the demo is out (and the beta for those who pre-ordered) what do people think?

3. zivziv

zivziv New Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Will be released in 5 days! but Im a FIFA Manager fan! It might be less realistic but in overall I think its better

4. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Haven't tried FIFA manager in a long time, what do you feel makes it a better game?

5. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I just switched from Fifa Manager to FM 2013

The part of actually dealing with tactics, and being a manager is more realistic for sure! but the game also revolves around that.

Fifa Manager gives you the Option of owning a team, which means the financial aspect of the game is a lot more in depth, instead of just dealing with budgets. In FM you actually take a more realistic approach to the game, and as a manager you don't care what happens to the team's finances since the objective is to keep growing in your career and moving up on the club rankings, until you get to a super club where money is not an issue.

While in Fifa Manager with the option to own the club you get to experience the selling and buying of players and the allocating of that money in order to make your club grow! Also you deal with sponsorships, selling of shirts, tickets, hotdogs, gameday programs etc.

So more realistic as a Football Manager I think FM by far
    But more options to play.. and for real fanatics which want to see their team grow and become a world class team, Fifa Manager

Lastly... The realism in FM (competition wise) is better than Fifa Manager, which ignores the Copa Sudamericana, and regional Championships in Brazil.

plus roster are more accurate

profiled repped this.
  6. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    but both have a shitty view on S.American players (and I play the S.American leagues), they have it as all players from the continent just want to leave regardless of the team that's offering them a job. I don't think most players would be extremely excited if a portuguese division II team came and offered them a contract... On both games that happens.

7. calin

calin Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti