Football Manager 2008

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by PoznaniakPS, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    LLM is where the challenge is. I'm currently playing with Redditch United.

2. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm..wither FM 2009 Demo?

3. raydenvm

raydenvm New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I want to share my best tactics for Premier League! I gained the real success with it managing Southampton. I managed to get the 2nd position of Premier Championship overtaking Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. And that's when my club had had media prediction of 12th position!

My tactical approach consists of the two distinct variants: for Home matches and for Away matches.

Home: Team Instructions

It's home attacking variant with maximal Closing Down, Short Passing and Tight Marking. Actually, these three components are used in the away tactical instructions as well. Tempo is quite low here that allows to loose the ball rarely and have a good ball control. Average value of Defensive Line increases the intention of attacking force in this case. It give effect of closing an opponent on its side of a pitch. Time Wasting has the lowest value because I don't like to waste the time :). Normally I change it if there is need to hold up ball in the end of a game.

Away: Team Instructions

Actually the difference between home and away tactics is concluded in the team instructions. For away matches I have the following differences:

- normal Mentality (not attacking)
    - more low Tempo
    - Defensive Line is more close to goalkeeper
    - Target Man usage. Striker is set as Target Man. Target Mans Supply=To Feet.
    - Counter Attacks!

These 5 features make Away tactics very distinct from its Home prototype. Away tactics can be used for Home matches against very strong teams but I haven't been do it in such way during the last championship. Just because Home variant allows to score more goals and provide offensive style of playing.

The both Home and Away tactics can be downloaded here: Football Manager 2008 Tactics - The Best I Created!

4. Bartio88

Bartio88 New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Why an even lower tempo away from home? Who needs to control them? The tempo should be on quick and direct play, players laying deep on their half of the field indeed, Without a target man and thus two quick forwards on the counter. When do ever see slow counter attacks working?

5. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Can I post a download link for this tactic I'm using?

I downloaded it a few months ago and it's doing wonders to my team. It's a bizarre 4-2-2-2 that when in possession turns into 4-2-4. It's so offensively diabolic that there's no way to fight back.

An idea:

Coentrão--> ^ ^ < --- Torje
    | |
    Doudin-----Lulinha

^ ^
    | |
    | |
    | Banega-----Bolzoni |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    Salik--------Cabral------Musacchio-----Dalmat

This tactic has the wingers has main target. Allows the team to counter-attack in style...with the opposite defense busy with 4 men it's easy for the side defenders to cross at ease.
    However this only works efficiently with fast paced men and good in "one touch". This is not good for minnows though.

I won 3 CL in a row and lost the last one in the final. I was even able to defeat the likes of United by 5 or Arsenal by 4 away. I only have 2 defeats in the last 50 games and as you see some of my players aren't even that great but have the characteristics needed for this.

P.S.: No idea how to do put the tactic in the right way...but i guess u can picture it.

6. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    LLM is pretty fun - I've had some good times trying to get Real Oviedo back to their former glory.

Although, there is something to be said for using one of the new transfer patches and then just going wild with Citeh's budget. :D

7. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That's pretty damn impressive for Boavista.

8. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    [​IMG]

this tactic I invented owns..

No wingers ,just fast full backs..
    you can have 3 DM to boss the midfield .
    I totally overwhelm teams through the middle of the park and work loads of passing triangles.

9. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    That's almost exactly how i play :)

Only difference being that i play the LB and RB a little further up as Wing backs and i don't tell me CM to stay back as a DM. Apart from that, everything is the same. And yes, it works :D

10. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    The CM drops back to cover opposition players in the AM role.
    If the opposition team has a playermaker in the hole I set the CM to man-mark.

11. marlew

marlew New Member

Oct 31, 2008
    I have tried the full version of Football Manager 2008 and I must say I am impressed.

I actually prefer to play as an individual player, rather than managing the whole team.

Has anyone played this online football game, not sure when the official release date is.

12. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah pretty late bump, but whatev... anyone have a db update that includes seattle and san jose?