Football Manager 2005 Demo Out

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by profiled, Sep 23, 2004.

1. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two games doesn't make it your secondary position, in my opinion.

2. Brunsen

Brunsen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    In a far off land
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    appears that only some of the american and brazilians have their face pack in the game. where is everyone else? licenses? Do we have to wait until the release?

3. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they need to fix the "trasfer listed bug", i cant sell anyone.

is anyone else having the same problem?

the clubs need to have more money for transfers, liverpool had 500k in their transfer kit, while portsmouth had 5M.

im assuming they will fix this by the time the game is completely done.

4. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It REALLY hurts the gaming experience not to have the traditional squad view. I know it's a legal issue, and that you can't put it in the game, but is there a possibility that someone in the community can put it in the game?

I'm just asking if it would even be possible. For me, it hurts the game so much so that I don't even think I'm going to buy it. I deleted the demo(though, I never downloaded the gold one) and have just continued playing CM 03/04.

:(

5. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the new look. I like the soccerball instead of yellow dot and the retro scoreboard on top of the screen while watchign matches. It is a nice flashback from the past.

6. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm... I have downloaded the Gold demo(fully featured one) and I can confirm that I will definately buy this game. :)

There seem to be a way to view the squad similarly to the tradition view, but every time I use it, one player is missing from the list. I think it may be a bug, because every time I switch over the player left out is different. Still a great game though.

7. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I downloaded the gold edition but when I play it, it starts in Danish and I can't change it to English. I messed around enough and I found where the Language selector is but when I change it to English nothing happens. I can't tell if I need to click another button to say save changes or something like that after I change it to English. So it looks nice but since I don't read Danish I have no clue whats going on.

8. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same thing happened to me. If you were able to find the preferences menu to change it to English, you need to confirm your changes. There are three words in the bottom left panel of the screen. Click the first of the three to confirm it.

9. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i've had a talk with red over dmb and johnny o and had everything sorted out.

10. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

liverpool isnt a bug. they had just got done buying luis garcia, cisse, and xabi alonso. i guess 500k is all they had left after the owen sell and all of that.
    si has said they averaged in the summer transfers, but the following summer all would be right in the game.

11. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, people might find this hard to believe, but Damarcus isn't left footed. He can use his left foot very well, but he is naturally right footed.

12. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah I finally found it earlier today, thanks. The game rules too it looks really nice. I can't wait for the full game to come out.

13. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yes i have heard this before. he was naturally right footed, but then started using his left and now he is how he is. anyway, the point is he is better with his left and imo not deserving the 'either' for foot in the game.

i think i told red to make him left, not left only.

14. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just booted up the Norway quickstart in hopes to take Fredrikstad to the top and Wade Barrett isn't on the team!

IIRC, he was loaned 6-months from AGF to FFK and is looking to make the deal permanent.

Thanks, astabo0t.

15. flmls

flmls New Member

I'm enjoying the demo, good work. I may have to buy 2 manager games this year if i don't like the new TCM product. Making it hard on me, i'm in grad school and poor ! :) But seriously, good work, I can just imagine how nice the full version is.

16. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still imo the offsides call are sometimes just crap. Maybe it is just me but the offical really suck.

17. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally got a chance to try the gold demo. I didn't play the beta since it would not work with ME.

The game is better than CM4 but not by nearly as much as the hype over the last year led me to expect. The "improved" media is laughable. They don't even comment when I beat ManU by 7 goals despite being a man down for half the game. That score also points out another serious problem. It is quite easy to get insane scores on a regular basis. I've had 9-0, 7-0, and 5-0 scores with Arsenal (not sure why all the big scores are also shutouts).

There are a host of other bugs that I'm hoping they fix quickly ranging from serious problems with player stamina (Pires can't play more than 60 minutes no matter what you try), constant yellows for strikers diving (as many as 6 a game), errors in the database, inflation in player values that don't reflect real world (non-Chelsea) prices, and odd attributes scores.

Then there is the fact that they still don't have a release date for the US despite the fact that the game is already on sale in Italy and will soon be available throughout much of europe.

18. ClevelandFC

ClevelandFC Member

Aug 10, 2004
    So, obviously it's not up to your standards so either don't buy it or, better yet, build your own.

Perhaps it's the management, but Pires consistently goes 90 minutes for me, is very actively throughout and has scored 8 for me in the first 12 competitive matches. I think 3 or 4 of those goals were well after your mystical 60 minute barrier.

19. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok so I can't point out flaws in a game that I've been waiting over a year for unless I build my own? Ok. So how long have you worked for SI? :p

You might want to check SI's forums. There are many comments there just like mine and problems with Pires stamina have been mentioned by dozens of poster in different threads. Next time you might want to know what you are talking about, it makes these little discussion so much better.

BTW, since I posted other more serious bugs have been found including a host of bugs in the match engine (defenders can't mark, subs don't get into position for some set pieces, player instructions reset or are ignored, players rarely pass in the box, conversion rate are way off due to too many shots, etc), serious problems with attendence (esp. in lower leagues), financial problems that force many clubs into administration while giving others unrealistic cash additions, horrible regen attributes stats that cripple long games, scouts are useless (a problem for CM of the past), and many more.

I'm hoping that SI patches all of these problems because I still think they have the best chance of giving us a great football management sim.

20. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    I posted this in the release date thread
    Looks like I made a wise decision in holding off for a few weeks.

Known bugs from the SI site:

That being said, I still can't wait to play it.