Football Manager 2005 Demo Out

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by profiled, Sep 23, 2004.

1. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Get the 6 month BETA(that means it's a test version, not the final version you'll buy) Demo from www.sigames.com and gives us feedback and enjoy it.

2. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I can't get it to download.

3. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    It's downloading now...just verrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly.

Anyone have any mirror links?

4. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wooohooo, i may not go to school tomorrow! hahaha yes baby!

5. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you profiled. I've been waiting a long time for this.

6. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  7. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gamershell.com
    and thedugout.net have mirrors

8. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Argh....I need a new computer. I'm still using ME so its a no go for me. I knew I shouldn't have waited for the new boards to come out...

9. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    downloading.... cant wait to play it.

when will the game be available in the us?

10. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
  11. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

The full game will run on ME and 98, just at the time we had to ship the BETA demo off, we hadn't had time to fix it unfortuneately...

12. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I saw that. I was hoping to use the demo to help me decide between FM and CM. This also makes me worry about the likelihood that whatever does come out will be buggy as CM4. I'll probably give CM5 a try now since it will be availabe earlier. Own goal for SI in my opinion.

13. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm in the same boat with 98, but I believe there will be a gold demo that will be compatible with 98 and ME.

14. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Don't be so defeatist. Sure, CM4 was a joke but it's because Eidos wanted it out before it's done. SI won't make that mistake with FM as it would be a huge blow to their reputation because they have more control now.

15. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Where is a release date, a demo, anything for cm5 that you're basing this on? The release date in the stores?

You do realse FM is the game that cm4 and 03/04 is, and cm5 is compeletely different, meaning you know 0 about it, since they have released essentialy 0 information about it?

16. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If you're having trouble playing the game on 98 and me, send me a PM and i'll see if we can work something out!

17. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have 98 and installed started to play it but it won't let me exit.

18. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Demo says it's not compatible with 98. But good luck if you can get it to work, maybe someone on the SI Games forums can help.

CM4 was down to Eidos being under financial pressure and forcing SI to release it early, hence SI splittting with Eidos afterwards. Shame to lose the brand name, but after the damage Eidos had caused to it better to start again.

Champ Man 5 devs have already admitted they're going to make their game simple, they can't compete with the SI database, so it will be an interesting contrast between depth and ease of use.

Football manager is not the most striking name, but it is the license name of one of the first great football management computer games. I loved that game when I was a kid.

Played the Beta demo a bit and it is looking good. Definite big improvement over CM4. Only issue is that each game is much more of a tactical challenge, which is fine really. Let my assistant manager do all the difficult stuff :D

19. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There needs to be some tweaks with realism. Henry is too damned good. And Arsenal can't beat Chelsea 8-1 at Highbury. Pires won a header over Terry, which would never happen in real-life.

It is an overall improvement over CM4, and probably CM 03/04 as well.

20. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    Any Mac users having trouble downloading the demo? I've tried both sigames.com and some other sites and all I'm getting is a browser window filling up with random characters, as if the browser doesn't recognize that it's downloading a file and not opening a web page. I've tried with both Mozilla and Safari.

21. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I agree all around. I'm pleased with the beta in the little that I've played but I'm worried about overall game speed (not really a big complaint, it's a powerful game). I don't want to get too much into it until a full version comes out but I'm hopeful.

Honestly, my favorite version is still CM 01/02. I haven't enjoyed a version as much as that one but I'm really hopeful for FM or at least FM 05/06. :)

22. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Try to "save target as" with the right (command) click menu.

23. jaredm

jaredm New Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Philadelphia, PA
    Any word on whether FM will have an expansion draft and the two MLS expansion teams?

24. ramZ

ramZ New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    i cant download this anywhere si games says the demo doesnt exist 1 download i got downloaded ares? :confused: and all other links just down start downloading help please

25. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    I tryed the demo and i have to say i am a little disapointed, but its a beta so hoppefully a lot of improvements will be made.