Football Manager 08(WES 08)

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by chief232, Mar 30, 2008.

1. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Anyone have this?

Currently in my second season with Hannover, also the manager of Nigeria, not the best preseason so far but last season we had 77 goals in 34 games...fantastic attacking football! :p

Though we conceded alot, we finished in third place, and I'm hoping to push for the Bundesliga title before moving on. Too bad my players are a bunch of prima donnas and all the best ones want to leave to other clubs, even ones that are smaller. Feck.

P.S. : Allez inspired me to make this thread. Thank you Allez.

2. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am Chelsea in the game. Fourth season and I've won the league all three of my previous years. I have also won two FA Cups and the League Cup. I won the trebel last year. Petr Cech got tired of playing for us and left on a free transfer to Barca during the summer. :eek: But I now can develop Bouzanis in goal and am bringing in Coupet to rotate. My backline consists of Ashley Cole, Micah Richards, JT, and Daniel Alves. I have Rajkovic, Breno, Filipenko as backups and a brilliant youngster/regen named Kevin Stamp in my U-18 squad who can play everywhere but striker and goalkeeper too. In the midfield, I've got Menez, Joe Cole, Chris Kirk (American regen), and Kalou. I have Lamps, Ballack, Adrien, Makelele, Essien, and Miguel Veloso in CM. I have Drogba, Sheva :eek:, Sahar, and Aguero as strikers. I pair up Drogba and Aguero and they score loads. I've got by far the deepest squad in Europe and I think I can win the CL this year. There's probably a few players I forgot though too.

3. Joel Goodson

Joel Goodson Member

Jan 10, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I managed Fulham for 3 seasons fighting off relegation before being fired after Al-Fayed sold to an italian consortium. After 3 months of gardening leave, I was hired by QPR and staved off relegation to league 2 with a run of 7 straight wins. I am retooling the squad in season 2 hoping to get to the play-offs.

Man, my wife hates this game.

4. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    Are you on about the SEGA Football Manager 08 game?

5. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Yeah, the one and only, the location where half of our posters get their transfer ideas from :D;)

Kidding, of course

6. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I gots it. I played it. I went back to my PS3.

7. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    I played it for a while... About 15 matches and the top of the league was this:

1.Chelsea
    2.Tottenham
    3.Wigan
    4.Man Utd

11. Liverscum
    17. Arsenal

At one point Derby beat Man Utd 4-0.

8. mikebarr

mikebarr New Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been playing forever, in various forms. I buy the new version every year. Got a good game going with Chelsea now. Its addicting.