Football boot innovation Inverted Sole

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Tollo, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tollo

Tollo New Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Football players around the world have been looking for ways to increase traction during the game for many years.

Any thoughts from this new innovation?

2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Someone worked hard on this, so I don't want to come off like a jerk, but it will never work......What happens when the screw strips? Or on a hard plant the plate gets loose and you blow your knee from the shift and rotation?

rooster and Oli Coultas repped this.
  3. Tollo

Tollo New Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    It could cause some problems if the stud does not stay on its place, but that is the same think with
    replaceable studs and they work just fine. I also see that the stud that is in the middle is smaller than the other studs, maybe it might not take that much pressure.

4. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It is not really comparable to screw in's. Individual studs on screw in's become locked and fixed, making each stud an individual fixed construct - if one breaks the others stay in place. Also, if one fails it is unlikely that there will be a massive stability issue leading to injury. If a fixed construct (one screw) fails that supports the entire heel - say when planting to strike a ball or transitioning from forward to backwards - disaster happens.

I think this might be a good launching pad for ideas, but it needs a lot of work before it is safe for use.

5. Juneh

Juneh New Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Good idea