//\ Fohlenelf 2017 Ruckrunde //\

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jan 24, 2017.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So even tho we have played one game to start the season...but we officially open the season this weekend against Schmidt's high tempo and monster pressing 11 at Bay Arena....id be even happy with a draw because most likely they will shred us to pieces no-problemo:confused::sick::unsure::speechless:o_O:mad::whistling::cautious:

2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back to back road games is a challenge.

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And taking into account...we havent gained much since Schubert was ousted ...the challenge you speak of can be a much more of a mountain to climb.Only positive so far is Hofmann and the new young blood that was Sub'd for Raffa " Simakala".And whats up with Kramer??? Is it the pairing with Mo thats not working or???

One thing is for sure...the old Buli fox "Hecking" will throw everything he has to show in that bag of tricks of his against B04 because its no secret that man to man at the moment we are inferior to them...and the only thing that can save us is a Solid 110% world class team work in order to not sink to the bottom of the ocean floor at the Bayer Arena...i think Kolo will most likley be in the starting elf as well...maybe we should give Benes a chance in midfield???
    Also Raffa has not been the same after his injury...his trying not to show it but boy he has lost a lot of class compared to the guy last year and just before his injury during the Hinndrunde:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::whistling::whistling::unsure::unsure::eek::mad::confused:

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You know a huge defeat will leave a HUGE void in our frail squad...more than just giving up points..mentally speaking it will pretty much bring off all 4 wheels and leave us with a situation that these boys havent been exposed to nor can they deal with it...they are broken even now let alone finding themselves in a relegation battle! Except for Tony & Herrmann.....rest of the old guard all are gone,those guys where not as shiny and polished and cool as our new guys but boy they sure had the grit and attitude to survive a relegation battle:devilish::alien::devilish:

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For some reason i would have felt less fear going up against Hollywood at AA tonight vs Neverkusen!!!:confused:
    I like to say EAY WIN...but id be happy even with an EASY DRAW:speechless::thumbsdown::cool:

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching now on FS1

7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazing game....

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  8. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Huge win for morale. Coming back from 0-2 against Leverkusen has to boost the club's confidence...hope you can build on this momentum in the next match.

Set piece defending has to be better.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and Dage repped this.
  9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just want to thank the players for not packing it in. The willingness to compete mattered more to me than the result. I still believe they might be about to start over come next year, but we'll see what the new coach can accomplish in limited time.

Mo was immense from pillar to post. You could tell he really wanted this. You can also see why Klopp has demanded he be turned over to him. The set piece defending remains abysmal. I see Hecking has given some young attackers room on his bench with which to ease in.....surely he can do the same with some younger defenders? "same ol'-same ol'" really has about run its course.

Kudos to Stindl and Rafael for stepping up, although his speed is needed right now Hazard can't finish a sentence-which makes him near a waste. Nice to see Hofmann get a good run out in the absence of Herrmann and Ibra. This club needs an infusion of speed in several areas, and a proper CF to attack with, but otherwise its chief problems have stemmed from 2 years of awful health and a lack of organization and confidence. Maybe ol' Dieter just gave them a booster injection of the latter-because he seriously outcoached Schmidt in the second half. He will soon learn, if he hasn't already that success for these colts lies in keeping their games on the front hooves.........

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And where is Dage in all this...must be still looking for a 6 pack on his way home:eek::D:D:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::geek:

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #11 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    What a surprise by our colt's eh??? A loss at the pill pushers would have really been the beginning of the end for us in the Ruckrunde.When we went down 2-0 in less than 3 minutes or so from corner kicks...i couldnt even get mad i just accepted that hey for whatever reason this team no matter who is coaching it lacks the genetics in a few departments to get it together and i was just laughing ....it wasent even a sarcastic laugh.Vestergaard getting beat in the air by an inferior J Tah..and a minute after the Mexican kid smash mouthing us on the goal line as if he was playing against a bunch of kids ...it was something u couldnt even get upset over anymore.
    Then things changed.Finally what ive been saying all along ....it all comes down to how bad u want it compared to man that's playing against you...Stindl , Mo & Kramer started to show signs of life...and they where a playing like a lighter version of our very own Effe...they remembered they have to mentally and physically get in Neverkusens face and actually FIGHT..and at least lay down 11-12 km of running and scarping each by the time the clock hit's the 90th min!!!:devilish::devilish::alien::devilish::devilish::ninja:
    But ive been surprised pleasantly the most by Hofmann...his the type u dont feel or see much during a game but he is all over the pitch and despite his physique the guy is pretty solid and physical..and he has great ball skills...with some more playing time he can be a game changer for us...he also plays very smart and knows where to be at the right time.He could have even scored a sweet one...wish he did cause he certainly deserves it...if hecking continues to give him playing time am sure we will see his name on the score board.Am glad our scouts nailed him & Eberl signed him indeed :D:thumbsup:he can move the ball in very tight spaces and his hold up game and distribution is pretty fine and can only get better;)
    Anyway these 3 points will show their true value if and only IF we compliment it with another 3 at home against a tough opponent next Saturday.We are masters of performing at the highest quality against tough opponents then screwing it up against teams that are well within our power to win against.We are at home this Saturday and we have managed to shake off the monkey and we beat a very organized well coached team after going down 2-0 on the road...IF ALL this isnt enough to win at home this saturday....then am not sure what this team is made out of...not even toilet paper i must say...and finally Mr.Thor Hazard...what the fack is this kid about????? He just cant find any rhythm ...his been at BMG long enough and he has had enough playing time...i personally like him...but if he was to take it to the next level and mature into a better more reliable striker...it should have happened by now...you never know with him what can happen even when he only has to beat the goalie from close range.
    :thumbsdown::whistling::unsure:o_O:sneaky::speechless:

12. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 points if I might:

Point 1: Tah is anything but inferior. The guy is wanted all over Europe. Better athlete than Westy, he got front side before Jannik could recover and isn't going to lose a test of strength against many from that position.

Point 2: Hofmann- might just be another example of a new set of eyes opening playing possibilities. Sometimes, the way coaches "see the game" makes all the difference. One man's trash is another man's treasure and all that. The old fall out of favor, while the new find it.

Point 3: Hazard- Just looking at the way he plays......if anybody on this team would stand to benefit from playing off a proper CF.........I think he loses confidence in his shot so easily because he struggles with his role from game to game there. The system doesn't really suit him. Is he wide? Is he central? Is it consistent? Damn shame Drmic' can't move well enough to fit BMG as constructed........

13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we could have a good game vs Freiburg. They are -6 on goal difference and have given up more goals than we have. Definitely vulnerable. And we are at home. That will help. Doubt we'll be on TV in NA though, as Bayern plays at the same time.

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am sorry i dont think much of Tah and of his footballing skills..to me its more Hype than anything and a few other non footballing related issues that has contributed to all the noise thats been generated around him....his a good player but thats about it ( in my eyes )...and lucky to get called by Jogi..just like how many players much superior than him never get called up by Jogi..and yes he may be in demand in Europe...but i dont think his got anything above Vestergaard....only reason he got beat was a split second of late positioning and Mr.Tah was also a bit too lucky b/c he couldnt replicate that goal if his life depended on it thats why for a few seconds he didnt even notice that he had actually scored....this is the same Tah that Raffa ran circles around him on the 3rd goal..and he almost tripped over his own legs getting twisted like a giraffe ...anywayz just not my cup of tea and dont see him as all that...maybe i need to grow older and wiser to see him sooooo superior and its more my lack of footballing knowledge...anyway not gonna argue with Herr Oberst Luckystricker :)

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes Drmic is another mystery....somehow seems like he has completely forgotten how to play the game....i was really optimistic with him recovering from injury we will find great depth and options up front...he used to be a strong physical stricker...but he seems much to far away from those days....and almost like something is holding him back.As for Hofmann...i picked up on him even during his shorts stints under Schubert...never knew why he couldnt get more playing time b/c he certainly has a lot to offer....as for Hazard you said most of it....his got skills and speed and the right age....but he needs to be structured perhaps in a very different style...some players can dictate that and find ways to establish themselves one way or another...some need to be lucky and find the proper coach/system...or they might burn out and sink and fade away...i hope thats not the case with Thor...he seems constantly one step forward and then 3 steps backwards..just when u think he has completed his break thru game...next game in he screws up big time :(

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They picked up a another vital 3 on Sunday...so they will come with their chests spread out flexing their guns at us....:sick::speechless::thumbsdown::mad:

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well its not a proper season for Gladbach unless we maintain a solid injury record....Kolo out till further notice.Picked up an ankle sprain against Bocum!!!
    :(:mad::confused::eek::oops::whistling::cautious::speechless::thumbsdown:

18. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmmm.....tell me a bit about your medical staff if you would...........

19. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes you are just snake-bit. The Blue Jackets had a rash of injuries in the previous two season. This year? Nope--and they are playing quite well right now. But they did change up the off season workouts a bit.

20. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

after 2.5 years.......I'd get out of the rice paddy......but that's just me. I know what you're saying, but this is bordering on ridiculous-I'm left wondering about how the club is working to solve what seems to be an ongoing problem.

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thank's a MILLION....u simply save me so much time...but more importantly your English is right on the money where i would fail crash and burn miserably .I agree something fishy is going on in that dept with are rehab physio staff and orthopaedic Doc's :confused::mad::confused:

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #22 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Oh i can most likely guarantee you this tho....am almost 99 % sure its an "Anterior Tibio Fibular" sprain and depending on the grade it can go on for a very very very long time.And since its been announced as until further notice...id say its one of those bad ones.....the stability takes forever to come back specially for athletes :speechless::thumbsdown::mad:
    That Dominquez position has turned into a Bermuda triangle for us...but our INJURY situation has really truly become a bigger joke than our away record/scoring problem in the past year:ninja:o_O:eek:

23. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Does not look very good, Freiburg are fighting with all they have. Hope the team stays focused..

24. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And they did! Currently 2:0 goals by Stindl and Rafael.

25. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    keep ball out of your end, score 3........win?