FO screwing this season ticket holder over again

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by kirchhausen, Jul 14, 2015.

1. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    It might have been paid by Leidos but it was free for employees. It paid for half our keg :p

Oveki8, JayRockers! and sitruc repped this.
  2. Marco10

Marco10 Member+

Sep 9, 2002
    Yeah, found out today my seat for the CCL games is unavailable and I can only sit in my section if I pay top dollar for it. No discount. If I use a buddy pass for the games, I can only sit in the corners although for sure I can move around given the likely attendance on those nights. Still. And I have to use the buddy passes or lose them.

Also exchanged a ticket for this weekend and got it, but found out I can't exchange any more tix this year. Granted most of the season is gone, but if I miss a game later and I'm looking at that Friday night game Oct 2 coming from Richmond, yeah, no chance on that one, so I can't flip that ticket and take my daughter to a game later in October? What's up with that?

Why piss me off? How does it possibly hurt you to save my damn seat with a decent discount for a CCL game that no one will come to? Why make it hard to use buddy passes or exchange any damn time I want to? Holy crap I already PAID for the ticket BEFORE the g'damn schedule even came out! I should be able to use it any damn time I want regardless of the circumstances given the fact I paid for it in ADVANCE. Of course there's going to be scheduling conflicts when you pay in advance. DC refuses to refund if I can't make it, so let me use that paid for ticket some other time. How is that less palatable than giving away tix and beers to johnnycomlately's!?! I ask you. Makes no sense.

Yes, just the latest in a string of niggling things dumped on season ticket holders ad infinitum, but dammit why piss me off?

bigredfutbol, JoeSoccerFan and Winoman repped this.
  3. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't think they are trying to piss us off, I think it's a matter of doing all this using ticketbastard, which is obviously not designed to do ticket exchanges. Way back in March, I was able to exchange my tickets and/or use buddy vouchers to get tickets in 333 (midfield, loud side), so I exchanged most of my vouchers then, including for today's game. Shortly after that, something changed and I have only bee able to get tickets in the corner (214, 314, etc.) since then.

4. D C B 2 3

D C B 2 3 Member+

Nov 18, 2007
    VA
    I will check with the team on this but perhaps some of you know. Aren't we allowed to bring guests into Champions club? Twice now the CSC guy in the yellow jacket at the exit has denied entry to someone with me. Last Sunday my wife had my season tic lanyard on and he would only let her in and not my step kids who are 15 and 5. My wife's English is not the best and she didn't understand him but eventually he let them in...whole thing flipped her out since she's only been here in the States for three months now.

Yesterday my brother in law was with me and the same guy demanded a ticket or season ticket card from him...I explained he was my guest but the guy didn't care. So we went around to the blue shirt lady who is absolutely friendly and she let us right in.

If I'm wrong on the policy, that's fine. But I would say the team might consider getting someone with more human interaction skills working the door.

Winoman repped this.
  5. dcjeffc

dcjeffc Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I asked my shitty ticket rep about this. Corner sections only for unused ticket vouchers. In advance you can use them for the midfield, loud side tickets.

6. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, this is what I found out, too. The buddy vouchers can be used for seats in your pricing section, though, as far as I can tell.

7. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Yep! It's why I am on the long list of former STH.