FM/WWSM Guide to Good Players' Gathering Gab-A-thon

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by DutchFootballRulez, Mar 18, 2005.

1. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This one will be sticky worthy also ;) .

Post your best players, the major transfers that are worth every penny. The Cheap steals who become Club talismans. The Wunderkinds that win World Cups by the Handful.

The aging veterans that continue to play as the Sands of time run down on their careers'.

This is NOT a thread for Season/Story/Competition discussion. That's still for the Main "Football Manager" thread. The key here is Players, Players, Players.

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Zonnenveld is wonderboy... played at LB or LM he dribbles at will and creates goals for others... was very cheap for me...

I've also picked up Hernan Crespo and Clauidio Lopez on Bosmans... look and ye shall find...

3. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or better yet. Use a big database and ye shall find..

4. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    --Mark Noble and Chris Cohen from West Ham.

5. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those who tout Vincent Kompany, I say don't overlook Francois Kompany (his younger brother).

Left-winger at age 14 in the database I believe.

6. WhipBoy

WhipBoy New Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Freddy Guarin DMC for a Columbian team..... absolutely AMAZING DMC for me who will even score some goals he's prolly my greatest find :).

7. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In CM 03/04 Fredy William Thompson was a great DM to partner next to Gerrard, but I believe he was toned down in FM/WWSM.

8. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Oh what the hell.....

I think its best we list them in name, team and nationality - Should we put price or not?

* May need huge database, or may be regens that aren't good on certain games.

btw: How over-rated is Lorik Cana on the game?

Okay if anyone wants to add to the list with their suggestions, then maybe we can comply a large database of players....?

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    South Africa based talent:

10. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You are missing the best S. African of all, Lebohang Mokoena. He is listed as a F C or an AM C. Young player who eventually turns world class. I play him as a midfielder with a forward arrow, occasionally as a F in a pinch.

Freddy Guarin (Colombia) is a great purchase. Best cheap DM available. There are lots of good Colombians if you play with a large DB. Especially defenders. Fawcett played left back for me until I sold him for 17.5m euros over the summer. Paid 2m for him two years ago.

Fred is brilliant if you can afford him. 40 and 42 goals for me the past two season and starting for Brazil with Adriano at 23. Pretty loyal as well.

Jonathon Blondel (Belgium) is a great left winger. Over 30 assists last year.

11. act smiley

act smiley Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Other worthwhile players include: Markus Heikkinen, Per Nilsson, Antti Heinola, Bierofka, Mario Rafael Rodriguez, Christoffer Andersson, Sergei Terehhov, Thomas Olsson, Giovanni Federico, most of the DMCs from Sparta Prague, Ilhan Mansiz for nowt when his injury heals.

12. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    de Martino from Roma is a great DMC

13. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    No I haven't. He is on my original list of players, if you look closely.

14. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Ahmed Yahiaoui of Marseille. DM RC. French/Algerian
    Danilo Arrieta of AGF. AM F RC. Danish/Chilean
    Maarten Stekelenburg of Ajax. GK. Dutch

ganu, it seems some of the players you've listed above have actually moved away from their listed clubs.

Maxi Lopez to Barca, Tim Weise is moving from Kaiserslautern to Werder Bremen in the summer and Mohammed Zidan is already on loan to Werder Bremen but is going to move there in the summer.

15. suppitty

suppitty Member

Mar 15, 2004
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spector (you know, the American defender at ManU) became a wonderkid for me by the 2006 wc. Early on you can get him for a few million, and he still may be willing to move, but after a few years you will have to have lots of money, and an excellent reputation for him to want to play for your club.

16. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another American defender who may be worth looking into is Eric Delgado. He was part of Barcelona's yout team but already rated at 9million pounds. He is a D L.
    ~~~
    For DC United I have had some good success with a forward named Alberto, whom I picked up on a free transfer from Getafe IIRC part way through the season. Could be very good for a MLS team or lower-division team. He netted four times in a US Open Cup final recently.

17. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eric Delgado, never heard of him. When does he enter the database?

18. scottinkc

scottinkc Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Kansas City, MO
    Why hasn't Bruce capped this guy yet! My God, as thin as we are at left back! He should at least be brought into camp! Maybe for the Gold Cup!

Oh, sorry, I thought this was a different forum

19. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm only in year three of MLS and found him by chance when looking for Americans in Europe to try to sign for DC United. I'll double check the first name and current value and age, but I'm positive the last name was Delgado and I think he was 18 years old already. Of course the value is inflated because he's with Barcelona, but his stats do look very good for a young player.

And I agree...cap him now! I don't have the heart to sack Arena and take over the USMNT, but if I did I'd bring Delgado into camp ASAP ;)

20. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Eric Delgado is probably a regen and not in the original database. By year two there are usually 2 to 3 pretty damn good young Americans that have been regened. Actually in my 2014 game the US team has some of the best players in the world.

21. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He probably is a regen as eneste guesses.
    The lowdown on Delgado. His name is Dave, not Eric. He's rated at $4.8million and making $800 per week. Minimum fee release clause of $24million

He is 19 and appeared out of nowhere with Barcelona's first team as a free transfer on 1/1/2006.

He made 6 appearances, 5 of those starts that season.
    In the 2006-07 season he has made 3 appearances, 1 of those a start. It's currently 11/25/06.

He was born in Foxboro. In physical attributes he is 15 or above in every category except stamina (12). Agility, Balance and Jumping are all 19.

22. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Here are some good players if you are bringing a squad into the premier league... all these guys played well in the English premier league for me as well. I bought most of them between the ages of 22-24 and they all progressed rapidly.

Chris De Witte - Attacking Midfielder - Belgium
    Tobias Hysen - Attacking Midfielder - Sweden
    Kalle Ljungberg - Striker - Sweden
    Nano - Attacking Midfielder - Spain
    Mikael Yourrassowski - Defender - Belgium
    Gabi Mudingayi - Defensive Midfielder - Belgium
    Quincy Owusu Abeyie - Striker - Holland

23. Chackett

Chackett New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Chris Brunt from Sheffield Wednesday. Brought him to Wigan for the left wing for 35,000 transfer fee, 95k per year salary. Gave me 4 MoM performances on 0 goals but 16 assists. After promotion to the premier league, he scored 8 times, had 11 more assists, then broke his knee. He was a high flyer while he was healthy.

24. isilove007

isilove007 New Member

Apr 29, 2005
    Hi Ganu
    I write with great expectation. My name is lukman. A. Aliyu a football player in Nigeria Africa origin of good players of the likes of jay jay of Bolton, Martins of Milan to mention few. It time I talk my career to the peek and will implore the help of any scout or connection to managers that want to trade my skills for money “a mutual benefit’ my dreams is playing in the Spanish league or any turf league that will show relatively my strength .I bet u, it would not be a regret calling on me I can bet my live with it .I will want any interested person with open transparent to contact me with e-mail isilove007@nyc.com,leooby@hotmail or on mobile: 2348027288490.
    Thanks.

25. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

i bought him for AJAX and he has been splendid from day one

i also have lebohang mokoena, who is in my #9 mix and scores often