Fluid body movements achieved by tango,samba,salsa,martial arts

Discussion in 'Player' started by Olo2317, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It works for balance,dribbling, body awareness and creative improvisation. Soccer is much more than running into space for a kicked ball,and fruit less possession. Besides meet beautiful latin women,how tough could that be

2. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Now this is one of the most interesting posts I have read in a long time. It's true all of it. If you can really dance and are not gay hot women that can dance will fall all over you. Russian kids new into the country some are put in dancing school by their mothers to keep them off the streets and the Russian Mafia.

I go to Russian clubs the russians in the Russian Mafia can't fit into their chairs. If you ever been in one you know what I mean. Funny they put 8 chairs in a table made for six. They can't play our football either they only run if they have the ball. But the kids that can play can really play. They can play 2 touch even in the area with a defender leaning on them.

Martial arts are great for our game as well. You can also get hot women if you teach martial arts. My son is a Brazil Jujitsu black belt. He married one of his students she is a doctor :)

3. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I can attest to that. I started training Muay Thai a couple of years ago and after starting sparring, I have seen huge improvements in my composure. Soccer seems slow very compared to being hit by a trained kickboxer.

I finally got really good in tight spaces because I don't panic and my sense of distance and timing compared to that of someone who hasn't trained in striking is unreal. It's like I think and see things 3 times faster than other players around me.

Ok, ok, to attribute it all to Muay Thai would be foolish because I've been doing a shitload of drills over the years for quick feet, little turns, etc but it's the martial art training that got my mind to the point where I can use those skills effectively.

Regarding salsa, I've been taking lessons for a few years as well, but haven't seen any improvement on my game. Could be that I simply wasn't as committed to it as I was to Muay Thai.

4. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Very good post. I have been training in Muay Thai also, and have noticed the training is very good at forcing you to concentrate, and remember combinations/holdings pads for partner, while being exhausted.... And the close quarters reaction time development, does seem to slow down the game of soccer. Hard to describe, but I get your point.

5. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I collect things that I found in life that I think could help with a players game.

I have not had the time to test it all. Plus people who did these things where it worked have died so I could not ask them about it in more detail because they are no longer around and more. One of the bad points about getting older your friends and aquintences start disappearing on you in life.

I will start posting on them on this thread if your interested?

6. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You think that is an Argentina tango this is a tango

Olo2317 repped this.
  8. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I never really considered dance a sport or considered a dancer as being tough people.

Until I saw this girl not the one in the above video. I can't remember her name get an elbow to her nose. She said she was fine she wasn't fine. She just keep rehearsing until they could do the dance perfectly.

I was playing football American football just running through plays without equipment when I caught an elbow in the nose from a team mate. I went wild on the guy. They had to send that player home, before I got to him I wanted to end that players life for hitting me in the nose.

9. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    I have no proof but I think--

Judo helped me with collisions and shoulder tackles,

Tae Kwon Do greatly improved flexibility in my hips and quickness too,

The four-limb coordination required playing drum set made me two-footed, and playing drums also taught me to get faster by relaxing and the value of practice,

Running American football pass patterns helped me with movement technique and deception, and

Basketball taught me more than I can list, technically and tactically.

While I say I am self taught in soccer, and it's true, I also had excellent coaches and instructors in all of the above.

10. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Playing cards taught me how to loss a lot of money in less time then it took to make it. :)

There is a line I Remember from the movie Hard Times which is "the next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing"

I hate that line I prefer "the next best thing to playing and winning big is playing and just winning"

11. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  12. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The footwork on the tango is something. The male dancer has to control her while she is doing it. Accidents happen he better being wearing a hard Cup when that happens.

I will tell you something you may not know. Here in Brooklyn Russian mothers put their men children in it to get them off the street. They stay in it because they get a lot of women.their mothers are afraid they will get into organized crime here.

Olo2317 repped this.
  13. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #13 nicklaino, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    One of the best dances I have seen by a couple was in a movie called "Pride of the Yankees" the story of Lou Gehrig. Gary Cooper takes Teresa Wright to a night club. This move was made in the 1940s. The dance the two dancers did was amazing.

I found it This is it watch the way she is lifted upside down. Never saw that before.

rca2 repped this.
  14. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    Me neither. She isn't tiny either. Must have taken a lot of trust.

15. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The song at the end "always" was a big World War 2 song. It was popular after WW2 for the men that did not come back.