Flu Is Rio, Flu is Brazil!

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by kingkong1, Jun 24, 2008.

1. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Crismerz09 has all the reasons of the world to be traumatized with Renato Gaúcho too.

He destroyed the Germans at the 1983 CWC final :rolleyes: ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMUYTI5qc4w&feature=related

And Mingau86 was there frantically waving Hamburg's red-and-white little flag too :p ...

2. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Our friend king kong spent half of the thread stating one thing and then the rest of the time backpedalling from what he originally stated. Half of the stuff he says can't be proven, the other half of the stuff he says can be summarized into a series of ad hominems and generally irrelevant information about anyone who'd dare to oppose his weakly supported opinion (since he's shown little in the way of facts).

I'm tempted to deem him a troll, but I'm a glass "half full" kind of guy. Someone as old as he claims to be can't be so irreversibly immature... so I'm willing to think he's just being facetious here.

3. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    there you go again changing colors, Cassador de la Gloria!!!

[​IMG]

wishy-washy....flaky...plastic.....:(

4. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    no he's not a troll but he is slightly mad , and he loves "mary had a little lamb"... i think he's still laughing or singing....

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He's begging for attention. I stopped posting on the thread and he continually refers to me. The best thing to do is let him talk to himself in this thread until he stops. I'm glad he doesn't stop in at the Brazilian forums. He would disagree with everyone on anything and every topic will end up like this one.

6. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You're sure?...

:confused:

Not that I want it, bro, but, if you stopped posting, what are you still doing here?...
    'Referring to you'?...

In 6 lines, you used 6 he and 1 him (lol) ...

It looks like who is 'referring to me' here, Mingau, is you.
    This topic looks like's just starting, bud (lol)...
    So, being in a Forum is agreeing on everything with everyone...

OK. OK. OK. (da capo)

BTW, you were the one who entered 'de sola' in this thread with a provocative & trolling post (check again in the context of the page your post #2), and, since then, I - sportsmanlikely, well-humouredly, diplomatically, as a good carioca - have been stylishly 'controlling' your 'balls' in the chest - matando no peito - and sending them to space...

And facing all your 'official trolling' without whining (as you are doing now).

Since you were the one who insisted more, obviously you were who I responded more...

Besides I've been in thousands of threads, opened a few thousand others and most of the times have had my opinions several times repped, quite a few others hated, and that's natural in a democratic Forum.

And always in a high level: and high level to me (as to anybody who has 'vergonha na cara') means same level.

Mutual respect.

Or lack of.

Bateu, levou.
    But everybody was letting me talk to my self until you arrived :cool: ...

And believe it, I appreciated, Mingau: you saved my thread, with your brilliant interventions.

For ardorously discussing and (willinglessly, of course) confirming all my opinions, you somehow managed to show its validity.

It's been 16 pages (!) of thread, and that's not too easy for a localized thread which subject matter is a game that ended up 2 weeks ago!...

That simply means that wish you or not this is a thread that attracts peoples' interest (not just because of my opinions, but the other's too, of course).

Looks like you're a bit jealous, isn'it?...

See you in ALL sections of this Forum, my 'democratic' Mengão!...
    I and all posters of this thread will never abandon you and 'like little lambs will follow Mary' all over this Forum !...

Just like you follow me! :p ...

7. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Prove that, then!...

But as a man.

Concretely.

Give the posts' numbers. And where in them I stated one thing and then I 'backpedalled' from that.

And don't chicken out, dude.

If you do, you can start running to the Mengão86's Brazilian Forum: there everybody agrees on everything with everybody (lol)...
    Man, talked too difficult now. You want to impress who?...
    Prove it man!... Are you just gonna keep repeating over & over those 'calabazitas'?...
    Man!...

I'm devastated with your insinuation.

Now you decide who's a troll.

Feel like I'm in the Supreme Court, the Holy Inquisition - and you are the Pope.

Tell you a secret:

Eppur si muove.
    'Half fool'? Sorry, 'half full' :D ...

Anyway, 'half full' or 'half empty', it's all the same, bro.

When driving don't drink please.
    'As old'?...

The more 'old', the more 'life', don't you think so?...

From that point of view (the correct one), I'm the half-full, you're the 'half-empty' :p ...
    You mean 'happy', 'playfull', 'well-humoured'...

So you prefer me 'ill-humoured', like tenebrous Crismerz?...

There you go:

%&$@*&%##$*&%!!!!...

No te emburres, Caturro!...

In spite of your 12th placed Boca, life is beautiful!...

8. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Get a life. :)

10. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Why do I have to prove anything? Not like you ever do. Sure it's easy to rile you up though and force you to write up almost a page of worthless replies.

No cague fuera del tiesto, m'hijo. :)

[​IMG]

It's been a fun thread.

11. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thanks, Caturro!...

I feel repped! :) ...

Of course it's been a fun thread. If it's fun is because it's good.

And that's why we're still here.

And Visca was right.

Flu's defeat was bad to Rio (although we had great campaigns in this Cup, not only from Flu but also from Fla and São Paulo, in spite of accidents inherent to football).

But LDU's victory was good for showing to the Europeans that SA football is not just Brazil and Argentina.

We could simply change the name of this thread to:

LDU is Quito, Quito is the Continent!

And start it all over rooting now for our fellow Ecuatorians - they are now the Southamerican champs going against the rich, arrogant and without any national identity MU!...

[​IMG]

For Devilman despair! :p ...

12. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  13. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    MetroChile is Wanderers, Olympique de Marseille, Internazionale and Liverpool.

Prato cheio pra tu, Mengão :p ...

PS: I like that guy, off and on I gotta mention him! (lol)...

14. Renato11

Renato11 New Member

Feb 16, 2007
    LDU forever.

15. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  16. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Let's not exaggerate.

17. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Summing up:

The Libertadores is not just a closed random tournament 'among clubs'.

It goes much further.

It's the last important step before the Club's World Championship.

The last stage before an 'intercontinental competition' that involves hundreds of clubs of cities, nations and naturally continents of the whole world.

If your club gets out, though, it doesn't mean the competition is over.

You can still root for your city or country (naturally in the figure of another club, if you don't have any 'traumas' with it, of course :rolleyes:), or, if your country doesn't have any representative in the continental level, you can still choose the champion of your continent to root for in the CWC.

That might not work for countries like Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay that just have River x Boca, Olympia x Cerro Porteño or Peñarol x Nacional as mortal adversaries of each other.

They'd want to die - and that's natural - but root for their fierce, clear-cut, well-defined historical & eternal 'enemies' in a CWC final.

Not the case of Brazil though, in which ancient traditional domestic rivalries have progressively been washed out since the advent of the Brazilian Championships (60s on), which gather important clubs of different towns and states, like Fla, São Paulo, Flu, Corinthians, Vasco, Internacional, Botafogo, Grêmio, Santos, Cruzeiro, Palmeiras, Atlético, etc.

In Brazil there is nothing close to a clear 'national derby' anymore.

The only few 'city derbys' that still exist in Brazil are out of the Rio/São Paulo circuits (Inter x Grêmio, RGS, Cruzeiro x Atlético, MG, Bahia x Vitória, BA).

Only in those three states that type of polarized rivalry still exists (and that's their only and exclusive matter).

Print that in stone:

What's at stake at the Libertadores is not just the prestige of Inter x Grêmio, Cruzeiro x Atlético, Fla x Flus or Ba-Vis anymore.

That's a thing of the past.

And it's in that long-gone past that some out-of-context Brazilians here (much time in US...) provincially position themselves.

What's really at stake in a Libertadores is the club, city, country, continent's prestiges in the world club's scénario.

And that's what Zico and all authentic Flamengo and Brazilian rooters were aiming at when rooting for Flu in this last Lib: the maintenance of our prestige.

That's no 'trolling', Caturro: that's TRUTH.

Period.:cool:

[​IMG]

18. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I never deemed you a troll... if you read (or attempt to understand) what I stated you'd realize that I thought about it for a while and then reached a more conclusive explanation given your participation in this very thread.

Reading comprehension is important. :) You don't seem too different from our Venezuelan friend Danilo, extrapolating whole theories out of a couple of words. Your attention span must be that of a flounder. :D

And your opinion is as good as anyone's. Funny how you attempt to make a final judgement. Keep it up... brightens my day! :D

19. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I never said Flu's defeat was bad for Rio. I couldn't disagree with you more on this issue. I agree with the ones that you disagree with :p

It was great for South America though [​IMG]

20. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Misread me.

Who had said that was me (check post #161).

Of course you disagree:

All you don't want is another big Brazilian city partaking the cake, as São Paulo did in 2006 and Porto Alegre did in 2005 :rolleyes: ...

You should though because a strong Brazil is important for SA (but that’s another discussion).

Besides, Rio is an eternal candidate for the Olympics and the title would lend us even more international exposure.

And there are still some false cariocas rooting against it, just for the sake of personal satisfaction :( ...

Winning the Lib's would be the definitive turning point for Rio, which wish you or not is already happening for us.

The excellent campaigns of Flu & Fla (by far the best ones in Libertadores, in spite of the natural football accidents, often ‘aided’ by suspicious refereeing), the good Botafogo teams of the last 3 years, the fall of corrupt Eurico Miranda as Vasco da Gama’s president, the great Panamerican Games hosted in the city in 2007, and mainly, the fantastic Flamengo’s first 10 rounds of this year Brz Champioship (Fla is its isolated leader and the best team of the country in the moment), are already a sign that the bad spell that was hovering over Rio in the last 10 years is finally vanishing.

What doesn’t mean, on the other hand, that LDU’s victory was not good as well to SA football.

Euros more and more should understand that SA is not just Argentina and Brazil.

Go, LDU! :) ...

21. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Kind of unrelated... but I do hope Rio gets the Olympics. Embarrassing that Mexico City has been the only Latin American city to get them.

22. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wouldn't say so:

An old lady having her ankle bitten by a pitbull in an Ipanema street will probably get more relative international exposure in the media than the WCT bombings :D ...

Anything positive happenning in Rio is a point that counts for a city that for the minimum details is massacred in the national and international media simply out of dishonnest competition from other cities (like São Paulo, the most violent city of Brazil, always twisting the nose to Rio as a 'dangerous' city').

Read today that China just jailed - less than one month before the Games - 84 (!) terrorists and closed tens of their AlQaeda-like training camps (!) in its territory, all of them having as target Peking's stadiums. But the repercussion of all that is minimum.

If that happens here a whole year before the Games, they'd have already been closed, and some 'Plan 2' or '3' would have been benefitted São Paulo, Buenos Aires, Santiago, London etc...

On the other hand if in 2007 you organize great Panamerican Games, having one of its main touristic attractions coincidently chosen as one of the 7 Wonders on Earth (Christ the Reddemer statue, 3rd most voted in a worldwide poll), and in 2008 you win the Libertadores and/or the CWC, and still dare to dominate the Brasileirão (be it Fla, Flu, Vasco, Botafogo or Nova Iguaçu), that - as 'kind of unrelated' as it can seem to you - will for sure positively count for the Games Organizer Comitee.

OK, it's fun to be playing 'bumbos' in the ears of poor Fluminense supporters in a Brz-American restaurant in Virginia, US, after LDU victory.

But when the hole 'es más arriba' and there are more important goals to be obtained, to the hell with those provincial and narrow-minded 'internal rivalries'! :rolleyes: ...

People who say are Flamengo rooters but don't want the good of their city or country - even if that represents supporting another carioca club - are not worth of wearing the glorious red & black jersey.

Simply because, footballwise - with its 35 million rooters - Flamengo is the locomotive of the city of Rio and a country named Brazil.

And has - like Zico and many others who love their city (some simply don't care though, they're Maryland natives...) - to give the example.

23. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why continue to beat a dead horse???? :confused:

24. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Not a 'dead horse' at all: an excellent poster.

Just playing 'muerto' and running 'por fuera' though...

Besides you only priviledged 1/2 a line of a post with 25...

What's really at stake in those 24 & 1/2 though are mainly ideas and not necessarilly individuals...

Why instead of stressing the latter don't you consider the former?...

Hmmm, I see, all you want is to...

[​IMG]

...watch the circus catching fire!...

25. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]