Flash 2015-2016 Off Season

Discussion in 'Western New York Flash' started by CoachJon, Oct 20, 2015.

1. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #102 CoachJon, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Monday 2/1/16 Rich Randall on Rochester WISL FM 92. 1 Soccer is a Kick in the Grass. Podcast: http://www.soccerisakickinthegrass.com/ Andrew Batisti, host

AB - Leroux trade. The international slot hasn’t been filled yet?
    RR – “Not publically yet”

AB – Jeon Ga-eul?
    RR- Go to the internet and see her play. <raves> Her press conference announcing the signing was huge – dozens of media people. <went on to sell the league and its players. See them before and after the Olympics>
    http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/sports/2016/01/600_194688.html

AB – Coach news?
    RR – No news he can disclose. There has been progress; it’s very important to have the right fit.
    • First day of preseason is March 14.
    • RR , referring to the draft, said he thinks Britt Eckerstrom is the best in the country and will be fighting D'Angelo for the job.
    • Rochester Office? Plans to sign lease this week. Hopefully can talk about it with AB next Monday. The whole front office will be here.
      • AB – will players be in Rochester?
      • RR – obviously that would be ideal…….that’s the goal…………
    • Schedule? Got a draft from the league last week, Flash will provide feedback. League should announce schedule within next 2 weeks.
    • Opening Day? It’s too soon to say.
    There was no talk about the turf.

8MiLLeNiuM and Blaze20 repped this.
  3. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So I was seeing people be impatient on Twitter, responded to one or two with this info... And then Dan Lauetta RT'd me, and I've gotten more notifications since than I have in the two or three months before. X-D

CoachJon repped this.
  4. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    She makes what I think is a boring Kit design looks nice

6. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The hat helps a lot with fixing the boring factor

CoachJon repped this.
  7. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    So you are saying that should be part of the official kit? I do not disagree.

8. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    They should go all out and bring back the USWNT waldo kit.

Blaze20 repped this.
  9. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Red Stars beat them to it.

10. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never liked that waldo look.

11. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WNY Flash Withdrawal. Steadman's Medical Dictionary, 27th edition says symptoms of this condition include posting pictures of Barbie on BigSoccer..... I am so sorry.

38 days to Pre-Season.

12. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's OK as long as they're from your personal collection!

CoachJon repped this.
  13. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BlueCrimson repped this.
  14. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McLeod on D'Angelo:

One player McLeod has been working with is goalkeeper Sabrina D’Angelo. The 22-year-old plays professionally with the Western New York Flash in the National Women’s Soccer League. She’s appeared for both the Canadian under-17 and under-20 team, but has yet to earn her first cap with the senior side.

McLeod was with the Houston Dash in the NWSL in 2015, and she raved to Canadian women’s team goalkeeping coach Simon Eaddy about D’Angelo after playing against her.

“I texted Simon and asked him how come Sabrina’s not in camp with Canada? I see a lot of potential in her. I know Simon thinks I’ll be playing until I’m 40 but that’s not necessarily my plan,” McLeod quipped.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/erin-mcleod-canada-womens-soccer-concacaf-olympic-qualifying/

BlueCrimson, holden and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  15. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New Rochester Rhinos owners and Sahlen's stadium operators David and Wendy Dworkin were on Kick This radio Satureday morning - 1280 AM Rochester. Podcast:

http://kickthis.com/kickthis/

He is a high energy guy, and she is also enthusiastic. They tell story of how they came about to own the Rhinos.
    • No references to the Flash, or to conversations with Joe Sahlen during this broadcast, but he did say they couldn't discuss the status of naming rights for the stadium.
    • Lots of talk about improving the stadium experience: food, services for the suites, plumbing, parking, and much better wifi. Not everything will happen this year.
    • The big picture goal is to average 7500 fans per game for the Rhinos.
    • They believe they need to attract the casual fan- the game must become a place to go to have a good time, whether or not you are a soccer fan. [My comment: - in the late 1990's when they were averaging 10,000 fans per game, that was happening with the Rhinos at the previous stadium - Frontier field]. They see easy parking and good wifi as important factors to get those fans.
    • They are hiring a number of people for the front office - I inferred 6-8 in addition to the 9 they have now.
    • The turf and scoreboard were mentioned by saying those improvements were a given. No information on schedule for either. He did say twice that there were only 70 days to go before the season started.

WNYChelseaFan repped this.
  16. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  17. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The photo shows no clue as to any work related to the turf.

Vallow is doing one of his GK Camps this week. The City was paralyzed yesterday (Tuesday) due to 18-24 inches of snow in about 3 hours, roughly 6:30 am to 9:30 am. I doubt he had any sessions Tuesday.

I'm going be back to Rochester from Portland for February Break!! How does 6 hours of intense Goalkeeper Training over 3 days sound?!?!

When: February Break- Feb. 15, 16 & 17th (M, T, W):
    Noon-2pm--->u8-12
    2-4pm--->u13-18

http://scottvallow.com/

18. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Didn't they announced that new turf would be delayed until next year?

19. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    David Dworkin stated in the 'kick this' interview referenced above that new turf and a new scoreboard will both be in place before the Rhinos upcoming season starts. He's confirmed it in other interviews as well, so I'm taking him at his word. Some stadium improvements are being delayed until next season due to the short time frame, but the two aforementioned items along with 80k in plumbing repairs are being done this year.

CoachJon repped this.
  20. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't we run around this barn once before? I am unaware of any such announcement. See posts #92 and #93 above. I am often wrong about these things, though.......

21. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Hmm... must've mis-remembered what they were delaying then. There's only a little over 9 weeks until the Rhino's season starts. When exactly are they planning on getting started? :confused:

22. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm happy to report that Rich Randall responded to my email inquiry, he said:

As far as we know, the goal is to have the new turf installed prior to the regular season commencing, which is great for our players!

23. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
  24. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    :thumbsdown: