Fixtures/Schedule

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Barnesy, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Messi

Messi Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really.

That is also what I was referring to.

I just made a simple statement. You're the one getting all emotional. Please calm down. You may continue.

If that is in fact what they do then maybe Beckham will feel run into the ground, but I remember Lalas or Garber talking about how Beckham's travel arrangements would be much cushier than past Galaxy travels. And that's what this entire debate started on, would Becks be able to handle the travel. I still believe he will.

I don't disagree with that. Although technically, if you fly from PST to EST for a day and then back to PST, that's not quite the same thing as flying somewhere that is actually 6 hours ahead of us. But I never said that four cross country flights in a two week period was a good thing to begin with (if they'll even do that), but all major professional sports in the US deal with this. I think Becks will be able to adjust as well. See my previous post regarding Lebron James.

2. Messi

Messi Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not saying they'll get someone "more popular." They won't have to especially if he plays well and the team does well. Who knows what will happen over a twelve month period? They already have a built in tag line for next season as well: The first full season of Beckham in America! That's worth at least a couple thousand more sales alone.

My point was that people here complain a lot about trivial things and make dire predictions about actions that the Galaxy or the league take that never really come to fruition. I just thought it was funny how last year people predicted massive ticket sale declines for this year, but now ticket sales are up (the reason why is irrelevant), and already people are predicting sales declines for next season for whatever reason. It's just silly. I'm not saying you can't make these dire predictions, I just think it's funny.

3. Cotswoldstokie

Cotswoldstokie New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Do the Galaxy have any pre-season matches in March?
    How can I find out whatr MLS teams play pre-season matches between 15th -20th March?
    Your help is appreciated

4. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

It is very relevant.

5. sladki73

sladki73 New Member

May 19, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Ive flown to Europe every other month for 3+ years and flying does take its toll on long a$$ flights such as that (12.5 hours one way, nonstop) but Ive never really felt any type of jetlag or problems flying around the states. I used to fly to VT and NY several times a year and never felt bad from the flights. A 3 hour flight should be no big deal. Going back east is what 5 1/2 hours nonstop? Maybe with Southwests cattle planes you can get worn out, but my guess is Galaxy will work out a deal with a bigger airline like American to stick Davey in first class.

6. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm afraid you missed the point. A full season ticket pays for 20 games (look at the parking passes - $300 @ $15/game = 20 games. There are 15 league home games in a season. That means that the team owes us another 5 games. If the Superliga is not going to count toward those 5 "bonus games" they are going to have to come up with other matches to fill out the card. So why wouldn't the Superliga games be included?

7. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem is that any given person's reaction could be different. Some people have worse jet lag than opthers. I did fly LAX to IAD or LAX to JFK often on business, and ALWAYS felt less than 100% the next day. And no one was asking me to perform as a world class athlete. MAYBE Becks will have no problem. If so, great. My point was that Beckham has NEVER had to undergo that much travel on a regular basis, and there is at least a question as to how it will hit him. Just recognize that its an open question and you can't necessarily judge others' experience by your own.

8. nathanhj

nathanhj New Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I'm also wondering what the Galaxy Pre-Season schedule is like. Anyone know anything?

Thanks!:)

9. sladki73

sladki73 New Member

May 19, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Just curious how travel in Spain and also England happens? By flight? By train? Buses?

10. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Check out the Galaxy's website or mlsnet.com. They have a list of preseason games.

11. nathanhj

nathanhj New Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Los Angeles
    First, thanks for the reply.

Second, I've been scouring both sites for days with no success. Amy I just being obtuse?

Do you know the link to the schedule or are you just telling me that's where it's been before so that's where it should be now?

I've found preseason schedules for pretty much eveyone except the Galaxy.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

12. BenLikar

BenLikar New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    SoCal
    Preseason sched from press release...
    www.matchnight.com
    Please don't cut and paste :)

13. nathanhj

nathanhj New Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Los Angeles