Fixtures/Schedule

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Barnesy, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Barnesy

Barnesy New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Hi Guys,

Just wondered when the 2007 fixtures for LA Galaxy will be released please?

Thanks

Barnesy from the UK

2. howie1976

howie1976 Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Galaxy Nation
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a season ticket holder and like everyone else I am dying to know the schedule. I called my ticket representative and he told me off the record that they were told the schedule would be released by the MLS this Wednesday Feb. 7. He also said that there is no guarantee of this, however that the date goes along with what they have been told for weeks that it would come out in the first weeks of Feb. I'm curious, are you thinking of making a trip down here to see the former captain of your national team?

3. thespian89

thespian89 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Feb. 7th seems to be the date going around. It seems couple weeks ago the schedule was ready to be released but I guess they redid it, well basically to try to get Becks in as many cities as possible.

4. galaxyOCfan

galaxyOCfan Red Card

May 10, 2006
    Tustin, CA
  5. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The blog speculation is exactly in line with my concerns:

In order to showcase Beckham around the league, LAG's road schedule will be weighted heavily toward the second half of the season. That means we get a ton of early home games

1) without Beckham
    2) with many players out for the Nats or U20's
    3) mostly on Thursday nights so ESPN can carry us

So we play weak at home, don't get to see much of Beckham, and have another crud year hoping to squeeze into the playoffs and steal a late cup.

6. Barnesy

Barnesy New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Thanks for your help guys!

I look forward to it.

Barnesy

7. Kurri

Kurri Member

Dec 18, 2006
    one more day! (hope your right!!!)

8. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schedule is right here:

2007 Schedule

Dammnit. Our home opener in on a Thursday? That blows.

9. Mrs. FlapJack

Mrs. FlapJack Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    7 home games with Becks.

10. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
  11. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Hey that site wasn't up when I checked! You got a special internet or somethin'?:)

12. Mrs. FlapJack

Mrs. FlapJack Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    well, i guess that depends on exactly what day he starts.

13. Mrs. FlapJack

Mrs. FlapJack Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just found it about 5 minutes ago...was 2006 schedule the first time I checked

I think it is the fiber to the home connection that did it.

14. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dueling Flapjacks!

15. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again the G's get screwed by the schedule. That East Coast roadie in August is hell. Four games in 13 days, all EST! And our usual late season finish with Western Conference teams is gone too. I loved all those head to head games that could mean six point swings in the standings. The only good is the early glut of home games. * of the first 12 at home with one of those "road" games at Chivas Lite. Also not a lot of games while guys are off for the Nats. We might actually get off to a good start, but a brutal run-in to the payoffs. I wonder if we'll have anything left come late October.

16. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This really blows. Three games in April, three games in May and 8 games in September. What a joke.

17. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    S.h.i.t.t.y

This sucks....

7 home games since July 7th 2007 to October 14th 2007.

11 away game.... holy S.hit!!!

18 games in 3 months. + exhibition games + us open games + Super Liga

That is an shite load of soccer in 3 months, so why would anybody go or should care about the galaxy from April til then? Hey season ticket holders - you are going to crap soccer.

18. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    if anyone is as nerdy as i, i've created a google calendar with the galaxy schedule:

google calendar

or an ical version for those with thunderbird, or iCal

ical version

19. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Some of that September schedule is "Beckham effect." But don't forget that X Games always creates an August nightmare for the team. Its part of the price we pay to have the HDC.

20. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    This league is a circus first and a sport second.

The midseason Beckham Does The East Coast--Whirlwind Tour 2007 is cute. It will be fitting if we don our new uni's in August. Somehow emblematic of how ********ing clownshoes this all is.

The September fixture congestion is ridiculous and could be easily remedied by playing 4 games in April and May.

It will be fun to see if not paying a transfer fee costs us a playoff spot. And by fun I mean ******** this.

21. natfaninla

natfaninla Member

Jan 18, 2005
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the iCal Dashiel. Repped!
    Although it sux that i'll be missing the home opener :(

22. Messi

Messi Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only 7 home games post Aug 1 is fair. There are only 15 home league games to begin with. Becks will play roughly half the schedule so we get half the number of home games with him.

The first part of the schedule is light, but remember that a couple USOC qualifiers will be played before the end of May, and the NT tourneys are in June and July before the SuperLiga begins. This way we'll have fewer league games compromised due to players out with their national teams.

August and September are going to be monsters, but I don't think it's any more demanding than an EPL schedule. It may not be ideal, but its hardly worth all the moaning that's taking place here.

23. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

6 home games.

Becks will hopefully play all those games if he is in great shape for the MLS. This league may not be as technical as Europe, but you have to be in good shape, and considering he hasn't and probably won't play any games with Madrid, I'm not sure he will be able to play everygame.

Again I expect more experienced players to come in for LA, otherwise this season may be disappointing.

24. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Re: S.h.i.t.t.y

Crap soccer eh? So you are now one of those posers that think Beckham will turn crap soccer into the beautiful game? Here to support the celebrity are we.... EECH.

25. Kurri

Kurri Member

Dec 18, 2006
    what will his 1st game be? 7/04? or 7/07?